sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server

Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system
development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to
migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I
heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as
client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine)
into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server).
For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server
and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed?
Could someone tell me where can i get the price list for sqlanywhere server
and client( lastest version)? I only have sqlanywhere standalone engine 5.5
where came along with my purchase of powerbuilder 5.0.

0
teo

You need the asa server running on a server machine.  Then the clients need
to have the client access software (and licences) and be able to "see" the
server on the LAN.  I would suggest you upgrade the server, much more
goodies are found with the later versions.

HTH

Chris

0
Chris

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0
Hello, We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. Many thanks, Gerhard You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation discusses this. BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9 so it would be wise to consider going to a later version. <Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 > to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. > > Many th...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9
i'm using sybase sql server any where 7 and by using dbsrv7.exe i'm able to create db. it's working fine. no issues. now i'm upgrading to sybase sql server any where 9 and by using dbsrv9.exe i created db. this time when i'm using sysindexes table of sybase i'm getting error as Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous exception com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException because ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous at com.sybase.jdbc2...

Update Fails to SQLAnywhere, but PB/ODBC/SQLAnywhere returns Success...
I recently dropped a reply in the SQLAnywhere Newsgroup regarding the question of "Death by Curly Brackets" and am not even sure the problem we're experiencing is related, BUT basically, if we have a variable in an SQLA table of type "char" and then declare an internal host variable in Powerbuilder 6.0, and execute an Insert or an Update against the table, PB and/or SQLA both return success, but the table DOES NOT get updated... here's futher details... Check out the ODBC dump below, is this a bug in PB, ODBC, SQLAnywhere or ALL of the above ANY HELP IS ...

How to make application log into the SQLAnywhere server on the server
Hello, SQL Anywhere server runs on the server machine along with the application. The ODBC handle is configured such that it calls dbeng50.exe. Most of the time, my application connects to the server. But, sometimes, for unknown reason, it runs a standalone SQLAnywhere and connects to it. (Both the server and applications are usually started together.) When that happens, dbserver does not seem to accept connections from other clients running on other PCs either. Please advise what I can do to insure that the application connects to the server, not to the standalone engine. ...

How to start SQLAnywhere server w/o logging into server
SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 Windows 2000 Server I thought that maybe I could get Service Manager to do that, but it doesn't seem to work. The DB comes up fine if I'm in it. I also noticed that after it makes the service, the parameters get wiped out. The service will start up with switches that I didn't enter, and leaves out the switches that I did enter. Anybody gotten this to work? Thanks, Jack T. See the Help dbeng50w.hlp... ===== SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 3. Using SQL Anywhere CHAPTER 29. Running Programs as Services Adding and removing SQL...

SQLAnyWhere Database Server
How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server without it running as yet? I have answered in the PB newsgroup... "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message news:##ZoM$AQDHA.81@forums-2-dub... > How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server > without it running as yet? > > I think further explanation would greatly help clarify my dilema: - comp1 - App is running - comp2 - the database is running - comp1 does not have the ODBC connection in the control panel and also it does not hav...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

Novell sqlanywhere server
We have a 16 bit Win 3.1 Powersoft application using Sqlanywhere Novell Since we upgraded to Novell 4.1 we get "cannot find language dll" when we go to execute program. Everthing worked find under Novell 3.11 Suggestions? Reinstall SQL Anywhere or copy all the files from the old server to the new server. There is a bug in 5.5.04 that can cause a problem with DirectFS. There is an EBF available but you must contact Tech Support to get it. 1-800-8-Sybase. For further support please post SQL Anywhere questions in the Sybase.Public.SQLAnywhere.General news...

How to run sqlanywhere as server?
Can sqlanywhere (5.5.04) run as a server? how to? You must purchase the server version. It is licensed separately from the standalone product. On NT it will run as a Service. There are SQL Anywhere server versions available for OS/2, NT, Win95, Win 3.11, DOS, Netware and QNX. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX wxs wrote in message ... >Can sqlanywhere (5.5.04) run as a server? how to? > > ...

SQLAnyWhere Database Server
Actually I sent this inquiry to the sqlanywhere.general newsgroup but I think that this is also related to this newsgroup. So, I am sending this also. Please excuse me just this once. Here is my question: How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server without it running as yet? Use the sample database configuration as an example. Basically, check the "Automatically start the database if it isn't running". However, this only will only start an engine on the same machine. "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in messa...

Redundant SQLAnywhere servers
Hi- I'm trying to find a way to set up redundant SQLAnywhere servers. I've set up an SQLAnywhere server on an NT machine. Now, I'd like to find a way to have another server running on another NT machine in case the first machine goes down. Ideally, the clients will not know that the first server has gone down. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sean J. Geoghegan sean@powerware.com ...

Web resources about - sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere