SQLAnywhere 9.0.0 (1108) with Clarion 5.5

I'm having an Identity crisis <g>.  I have used code like this for several
years, and never with any problem.  I insert a record and then use
@@Identity to retrieve the autoincremented sysid of the inserted record.
Last week, a user ran a process (which does generally work and has been
running very smoothly) and instead of retrieving the sysid from the inserted
record, @@Identity returned the sysid of a completely different record that
had been inserted several minutes earlier than the one just added.  I can't
recreate the problem either.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!

Here is the code that was in place... the insert of InvoiceBatches was
successful, but instead of LOC:CurrentBatch storing the value 167, which
was the ID of the InvoiceBatches record added at 14:53:44, it saved 403514
which is the ID of a Note record the user added that was created at
14:50:37.

     IF Access:InvoiceBatches.Insert() <> Level:Benign
       MESSAGE('Contact IS!|Could Not Create Billing Batch!','System
Error!',ICON:Exclamation)
     END
      !!!Comment - Get the InvoiceBatch SysID
     Clear(vDummy:Record)
     vDummy{Prop:SQL}='SELECT @@IDENTITY'
     NEXT(vDummy)
     IF ERRORCODE()
       Message('File Error In Batch Process, ErrorCode() = '&Error())
     END
     LOC:CurrentBatch = vDummy:SysID

0
Debbie

I use similiar code to do the same thing, but have not yet tried it with 9.
Have you had any luck figuring it out?

Scott Sheen

"Debbie Achiam" <debbieachiam@hoveround.com> wrote:
>I'm having an Identity crisis <g>.  I have used code like this for several
>years, and never with any problem.  I insert a record and then use
>@@Identity to retrieve the autoincremented sysid of the inserted record.
>Last week, a user ran a process (which does generally work and has been
>running very smoothly) and instead of retrieving the sysid from the inserted
>record, @@Identity returned the sysid of a completely different record that
>had been inserted several minutes earlier than the one just added.  I can't
>recreate the problem either.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!
>
>Here is the code that was in place... the insert of InvoiceBatches was
>successful, but instead of LOC:CurrentBatch storing the value 167, which
>was the ID of the InvoiceBatches record added at 14:53:44, it saved 403514
>which is the ID of a Note record the user added that was created at
>14:50:37.
>
>     IF Access:InvoiceBatches.Insert() <> Level:Benign
>       MESSAGE('Contact IS!|Could Not Create Billing Batch!','System
>Error!',ICON:Exclamation)
>     END
>      !!!Comment - Get the InvoiceBatch SysID
>     Clear(vDummy:Record)
>     vDummy{Prop:SQL}='SELECT @@IDENTITY'
>     NEXT(vDummy)
>     IF ERRORCODE()
>       Message('File Error In Batch Process, ErrorCode() = '&Error())
>     END
>     LOC:CurrentBatch = vDummy:SysID

0
Scott

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

Will PD2.0 WORK WITH SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.4??
Does anyone know of any compatibility issues with using PD2.0 with this newer version of SQLA? What about the new Adaptive Server Anywhere 6?? Thanks for any input you can offer, Scott Works fine with 5.504 and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with 6. Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com MS Certified Professional chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for ...

Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0
Hello, We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. Many thanks, Gerhard You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation discusses this. BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9 so it would be wise to consider going to a later version. <Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 > to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. > > Many th...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

From SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.4 to ASA in PB6.5
Hi all, I am upgrading our single user PB application to a multiuser application We are using as backend Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.1.1165. Now I have a serious problem: when insert a row into a table, which has an autoincremental field as primary key, the new key value is not returned to my datawindow/datastore and I really have selected the primary key as identifier. I have been looking in the file PBODB60.ini but I have not found a section with [ADAPTIVE SERVER ANYWHERE]. Should there be such a section ??? Is there someone who can help with getting my autoincremental ke...

datawindow created in sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 upgrade to ASA6.0.1
I've a problem with datawindow. I'm using pb5.0.2 and created a lot of datawindow using sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 Now i've upgrade sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 to ASA6.0.1. My problem is, when i want to modify datawindow (datasource mode) to add table into my datawindow, the pb did'nt recognise the old table because all the tables name seem have a prefix DBA. eg. DBA.tablename Can anybody help me...! Hi, one way is to update your pb.ini with an entry for [Adaptive Server Anywhere]. Take a look at the ASA Online Help a search for 'upgrade' the neccessary info...

Upgrading from sqlanywhere 5.5.04 to 9.0 studio question
Will this upgrade work and are there any known issues installing on Server2000 with terminal services? Having issues with old version on terminal server. It will only allow one connection at a time. Any help will be greatly appiciated. Thanks Mark Schroeder You won't solve the one connection issue by upgrading although I would encourage the update for other reasons. Can you describe the exact problem including any error messages and server and client settings. If you are running TS, you must think of each TS Client as a separate machine and as such you must run the ...

How to do from ASA5.5.0.4 #1867 To 5.5.0.5?
Hi , I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. I can not start my database anymore. Can anyone help me. Thanks A Lot! Kadee What error are you getting? /ck "kadee" <kadee@pchome.com.tw> wrote in message news:$O6WtrS6BHA.238@forums.sybase.com... > Hi , > > I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, > Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from > Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. > I can not start my database anymore. > > Can...

List::MoreUtils-0.25_1 pass on 5.10.1RC0, 5.10.0, 5.8.9, 5.8.8
Following up on my report that List::MoreUtils-0.24 failed its tests on the "maint-5.10 snapshot (aka 'RC0')" that came out on July, and Tassilo later confirming the nature of the problem ... List::MoreUtils-0.25_1 was just released on CPAN, and I have tested it manually from a download of the tarball from search.cpan.org, and the problem appears to be fixed. A clean unpack/Makefile/make/make-test passes all tests on 4 versions of Perl on my same PPCG4/MacOSX10.5.7 machine: - 5.10.1RC0 built by me with defaults, custom install loc - 5.10.0 built by m...

FastCGI Memory Leak on Win2000 with perl-5.8.0,5.8.1,5.8.2,5.9.0
I have been testing all the version of perl on Win2000 with FasCGI.. From the version 5.8.0, there were memory leaks with FastCGI. Earlier versions include perl-5.7.3 worked fine. I have been digging the sources more than a year, but I could not find out. Is anybody solve this memory problem ? Regards, RisaPapa ...

Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web.
Name: Jay Product: Firefox Summary: Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web. Comments: see summary Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ...

SQLAnywhere INNER JOINS Differ from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04?????
I have the following query in SqlAnywhere: SELECT ( IF sn.IsMainName = '1' THEN sn.ShFullName ELSE left( String( sn.ShFullName, ' (', sh.ShFullName, ')'), 40) ENDIF ) AS ShFullName, c.ClntChrtID, c.ClntActvtyStatus AS _, Sh.PrsnDob, Sh.PrsnSex, Sh.ShId, Sh.Status, a.shPhone1, a.shAddrss1, a.shAddrss2, a.shCity FROM ShName sn JOIN Sh ON sn.ShId = sh.ShId JOIN Clnt c on c.ClntShId = sh.ShId LEFT OUTER JOIN ShAddrss a ON c.ClntShId = a.ShId AND a.OwnrHwSiteId = c.OwnrHwSiteId WHERE Sh.Statu...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

Web resources about - SQLAnywhere 9.0.0 (1108) with Clarion 5.5 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere