SQL Server 7 or 2000 and SQL Anywhere 7 on the same server?

I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the same NT server as
SQL Anywhere 7.  Are there any problems involved with this?

Thanks,

--
Don Marchlenski
Information and Technology Services

0
Don

Should be OK assuming that the machine has sufficient bandwidth/resources
for the total load of the two databases.

/ck

"Don Marchlenski" <march@newark.ohio-state.edu> wrote in message
> I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the same NT server as
> SQL Anywhere 7.  Are there any problems involved with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Don Marchlenski
> Information and Technology Services
> Central Ohio Technical College
> and
> The Ohio State University at Newark

0
Chris
8/7/2001 8:50:41 PM
Watch out for database utilities with the same name, but for the wrong
engine.  ISQL.exe in SQLAnywhere 5.x and SQL Server 7 ISQL.exe comes to
mind as a painful example.  Depending on the install order the default
search path will find either one utility or the other.

I believe Sybase renamed the utility in later versions (like 7) to
dbisql (thanks), but it is always a good idea for any scripts/batch
files to specify either the full path to the required utility, or use
the appropriate environment variable in the path specifier.

We run this combination all the time (but with SQLAny 5.x) on our main
database porting box with no problems.

0
wilf
8/8/2001 4:20:49 AM
Hello,

ASA 7 does rename the ISQL executable but if you use Open Client, there is another isql.exe to watch out...

Best Regards,

Raymond Kwong
Sybase iAnywhere Solutions

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:20:49 -0700, "wilf silversides" <wilfs@home.com> wrote:
> Watch out for database utilities with the same name, but for the wrong
> engine.  ISQL.exe in SQLAnywhere 5.x and SQL Server 7 ISQL.exe comes to
> mind as a painful example.  Depending on the install order the default
> search path will find either one utility or the other.
>
> I believe Sybase renamed the utility in later versions (like 7) to
> dbisql (thanks), but it is always a good idea for any scripts/batch
> files to specify either the full path to the required utility, or use
> the appropriate environment variable in the path specifier.
>
> We run this combination all the time (but with SQLAny 5.x) on our main
> database porting box with no problems.

0
Raymond

Sql server 7 Opening connection in asp.net; works in asp, works with OTHER sql server 7
Hi allThis is my first post here, so forgive me if I'm doing something dumb.I have a connection string:provider=SQLOLEDB;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=user;Initial Catalog=cat;Data Source=server.com;pwd=userthat works in asp, we use it all the time, but it does not work in asp.net. the server is sql server 7; we don't have access to the sql server. however, we have another sql server 7 that does work in asp.net.any thought on what could be the deal, if a setting in sql server that could somehow affect asp.net but not asp?ThanksNeil Hi, that is OLEDB connection string so it would be ...

SQL Server 7 and SQL 2000
Hi, Can I connect to SQL 7 and SQL 2000 with Powerbuilder 7 Professional edition? Thanks, Kevin Davis kdavis@mdatasystems.com this is also my question. if you hear something, please route to our emailadress. ciao achim. ps: i think there should be a solution via OLE DB provider or ADO. but until now i do not succeed in this. pps: bitte auch gerne in deutsch via emailkontakt: info@cs-optima.de auch bei anderen problemen. vielleicht k�nnen sich die deutschen user etwas zusammenraffen... da es scheint, dass hier nix mehr geht... "Frank Black" <kd...

Force SQL Server to recompile stored procedures every time they run (SQL Server 7/2000)
This is a solution for a very specific problem, and it's one that you'll hardly ever use, but it's important to know about that one scenario where it can save your neck. Ordinarily, stored procedures are only recompiled if they're no longer in the procedure cache. But if a stored procedure's execution plan is still in the cache, then SQL Server reuses the compiled storedprocedure and its existing execution plan. This is almost always the best course of action. Almost always, but not always.Sometimes, however, reusing an existing plan doesn't offer the most efficient performance. Imagine, for...

SQL server management studio for SQL server 7 ??
 Hi, I have a Client using SQL server 7 and we want to access this database.However Server Management studio(on 2005) does not like the Server 7. Have  you got any suggestion to me? Best Regard You can go to Start ==> Run ==> Type MMC In MMC Select File ==> Add Remove Snapin ==> Add 'Select SQL Server' I hope this may work.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps youBest RegardsBrij Mohanhttp://www.dotnetglobe.com That doesnt work. The database is hosted in a remote location.And I need a database client tools for the...

sql anywhere and sql server 7.0
Are there any issues with installing and running both sql server and sql anywhere on the same server. Do they listen on the same port by default. Thanks in advance. They listen to different ports. You can run them concurrently on the same PC. On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:17:42 -0400, "Christopher K. Taylor" <taylor@cobalt.net> wrote: >Are there any issues with installing and running both sql server and sql >anywhere on the same server. Do they listen on the same port by default. >Thanks in advance. > > ...

What is SQL Server 7 doing in my ASA 7 reload.sql script?
Hi, As I wanted to upgrade an ASA 6.03 database to version 7, I followed the advise seen in another post here to unload and create a new ASA 7 database. When reloading the structure/data I in ISQL, I got an error caused by the following section in the script: ------------------------------------------------- -- Create external servers ------------------------------------------------- CREATE SERVER owt CLASS 'mssql' USING 'DNS=TestSQLServer' go commit work go ------------------------------------------------- After deleting the above section from the scri...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

SQL Server 7 to 2000 with PB 7.0
Hi all, We are upgrading our database from SQL Server 7 to 2000. Does PowerBuilder 7 have the corresponding database driver? If yes where to get it? Thanks! -Lei The perferred connection technology for connectivity is included. OLEDB is the MS recommended and the native interface to MS SQL Server 7 and later. Other options are ODBC and the MS SQL Server 6.x native driver. These interfaces are all available in PB Enterprise but may require a custom install. /ck <klyang@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:nav5B0NFCHA.196@forums.sybase.com... > Hi all, ...

SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am new to the SQL Anywhere Database product and was wondering if anyone knows wether or not SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 can reside on the same server? Thank you, Jason ...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #2
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #3
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Web resources about - SQL Server 7 or 2000 and SQL Anywhere 7 on the same server? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Muslim Woman Ejected From Donald Trump Campaign Event As Trump Supporters Chant & Shout Accusations
Tension is the order of the day when it comes interactions involving Donald Trump and Muslim-Americans . Indeed, the mutual disdain between representatives ...

CES 2016: Fashion meets function in smartwatches, fitness trackers and other wearables
Everything from smartwatches, to connected bracelets, tech accessories and athletic wear are getting a fashion boost as manufacturers try to ...

Police: Suspect confessed to Philadelphia police officer shooting 'in name of Islam'
Officials say the suspect in custody for the shooting that seriously injured a Philadelphia police officer has confessed to the crime, saying ...

Game Of Thrones In Talks To Extend To Season 8
The end of Game of Thrones season 5 not only marked the potential end of Jon Snow, but it also marked the end in which future episodes will no ...

Koreas Slide Into Cold War Standoff After Nuke Test by North
The Indian Express Koreas Slide Into Cold War Standoff After Nuke Test by North New York Times SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea trumpets a ...

Kanye Announces SWISH Release Date
It looks like Yeezy Season is going to be arriving in the dead of Winter this time around. After a string of new releases over the past few weeks ...

Star Wars' Harrison Ford Becomes the Highest-Grossing Actor in U.S. Box-Office History
Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been breaking box office records since it’s release last month and now the film’s actors are breaking records ...

Mexico: Drug Violence Is So High, Male Life Expectancy Is Dropping
Drug violence in Mexico has been running rampant. El Chapo, Mexican drug kingpin, was recently captured and arrested , but that didn’t happen ...

Robust Hiring in December Caps Solid Year for U.S. Jobs
As the economy added 292,000 jobs last month, the question is whether overall growth will remain strong enough to keep hiring steady.

Why Germany can't face the truth about migrant sex attacks by SUE REID
The attacks have sounded the alarm bell in Germany over the consequences of mass migration. Victim Michelle (pictured) described being surrounded ...