SQL Logging SQL Statement

Hi at All!!
I use ASA 7 so
I'd like to know if there is a way to logging the sql
instruction
that database server dbsrv7, receive from clients ?
I need this because a client that use odbc connection after
performing an insert into a table, the client receive the
Message: "SQL truncate". I need to know the field on the
table that generate this warning!!

Thanks in advance
Massimo
0
massimomm

The tool that does this is called "request-level logging" and in V7 you
have to enable it from the command line when you start the server, using
the -zr (and optionally -zo) command line switch.

You can also enable ODBC tracing at the client in order to track down
this type of problem.

Glenn

--
Glenn Paulley
Director, Engineering (Query Processing)

Blog: http://iablog.sybase.com/paulley

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
  choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://case-express.sybase.com

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
Sybase iAnywhere pages at
http://www.sybase.com/products/databasemanagement/sqlanywhere/technicalsupport
0
Glenn
4/20/2010 10:45:53 AM
See
http://sqla.stackexchange.com/questions/648/how-do-i-log-sql-statements-in-asa7

--
Breck Carter

Visit SQLA! ...the new SQL Anywhere online community
   http://sqla.stackexchange.com

Blog: http://sqlanywhere.blogspot.com/

RisingRoad helps SQL Anywhere developers make better databases...
   http://www.risingroad.com/

Breck.Carter at gmail
0
Breck

General SQL statement?
Once I have a table in SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, is there any way to generate a SQL statement that would have created it? Someone else needs to recreate the structure of my table and I'd like to send them a SQL statement that they could use to do so. One way to do it is to (for example, you need foo_table TABLE): 1) unload database (can be done from Sybase Central) into foo.sql 2) copy "CREATE TABLE foo_table" command where you need it... Petar Rick Charnes wrote: > > Once I have a table in SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, is there any way to generate > a SQL stateme...

Log sql statements
Hello! ASA 7 and 8 have option in Sybase Central that you could log sql statements. This is very good when you want to log database shema modification. I don't find this option in ASA 9 ? Thanks Tomaz We've just moved it. Under the view menu choose "Design Details". Anew frame opens at the bottom of the Sybase Central window that shows information about the database engines and databases you are connected to. Select the tab for the database, and you'll see all the SQL that results in changes to the database logged. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybas...

Viewing a SPIDs last SQL statement using sqltext()...though sometimes only partial SQL statements are shown
The dbcc sqltext() command seems to allow you to view the last SQL statement issued by an active SPID on the server. However I've noticed that sometimes only part of the SQL statement is returned - does anyone know why this might be, and if so whether it's due to a server configuration. Anyway, here's my notes on how to view the last SQL statement processed: ** How to see the last SQL a SPID has processed -- dbcc traceon(3604) Directs trace output to the client, rather than to the error log 1> dbcc traceon(3604) 2> go DBCC execution completed. If DBCC pr...

RFC: SQL Extensions for SQL::Statement [Long]
I will be releasing a significantly upgraded SQL::Statement and DBD::File shortly and I have some questions about interface. I'd really appreciate some feedback. These are the features that are near finalization: * heterogeneous SQL across multiple DBI sources * per-table DBI connections on a single dbh * improved API for DBD writers * support for in-memory tables ala DBD::RAM for all SQL::Statement DBDs * improved ability to specify SQL dialect features on a per-DBD, per-session, or per-statement basis * user-supplied functions, procedures, and persistent ...

Dynamic SQL Format 2 SQL statement
Hi , I tried to implement Dynamic SQL Format 2 SQL statement but it is running fine with out error but it is not saving data to data base INT Dept_id_var =3d 156 String Dept_name_var SetNull(Dept_name_var) PREPARE SQLSA FROM "INSERT INTO dept VALUES (?,?) using my_transaction " ; EXECUTE SQLSA USING :Dept_id_var,:Dept_name_var ; [1] Commit using my_transaction ; [2] To test I tried my_transaction.autocommit =3d true my SQLSA satatement =85. my_transaction.autocommit =3d false but in both case I am not able to insert data to database...

TreeView (Difficulty in SQL within SQL statement)
I have difficulty in getting results of the Query that is within another query in Tree View Structure. The code is as: ourConnection = New OdbcConnection("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:\ReportWritingTool\ekindb") ourConnection.Open() ourSQLQuery = New OdbcCommand("SELECT DISTINCT SISY, SISYR, DRDL01, SIFUNO, SIMD, SIOBNM FROM F0005, F9860 WHERE (F0005.DRKY = TRIM(F9860.SISY)) AND (F9860.SIFUNO='TBLE' OR F9860.SIFUNO='BSVW'AND F0005.DRSY='98' AND F0005.DRRT='SY');", ourConnection) ourDataAdapter = New Odb...

Executing the i-sql statements using i-sql interface.
I am writing the c/c++ interface which will execute i-sql query statements to retrive information from the isql. It involves parsing the isql output to get the required information objects ( database, devices, ...etc). This parsing string method seems to be not appropriate, as the format of the isql statement might change in future release of ASEs. I am wondering is there any otherway I can access the information(like querying info of databases, devices, ...etc) from sybase server from "C/C++" program in structural manner??. Is it possible to get the return status(succe...

sql statement limit in Execute SQL Task
i have two machines. i was working in a "Execute SQL Task" object's SQL window on a rather long sql task on one machine and reached some kind of limit on the length of the sql statements. i can not add another line of code. i cut and pasted this same code into the exact same "Execute SQL Task" object's SQL window on the second machine and it does not have this limit. does anyone know what causes this? (in fact....i could paste it in twice - doubling the length)   What do you mean by "i cut and pasted this same code into the exact same screen on the se...

SQL Anywhere 11 hanging on SQL statement
I have a 800mb DB that I unloaded/reloaded from version 8 to the Developer Edition of version 11. If I open ISQL and run: alter dbspace SYSTEM add 100 MB the DB file immediately grows by 100MB, but the execution of the statement never finishes. However if I use Sybase Central to create a DB and then perform the same procedure on this new empty DB, the statement executes in under 30 seconds. If I try pressing the "stop" button in ISQL, this locks up that program. And if I press the "Shutdown" button on the SQL Anywhere console window, the server also...

SQL statement and If statement
I've problem, it's in sqlcommand it's in "where" condition, which if it's exist in sql the "ELSE" not work, and if the condition not in sqlcommand the "ELSE" appear, could someone help  it's in selectcommand.CommandText = "SELECT Weekno FROM Weeks where Weekno='" + Weekno.Text + "'" if i delete the condition the " ELSE " appear. otherwise it's not appear whole code Dim myconnection As New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\football.mdf;Integrated S...

sql or my sql query
hi,in my database  i have the two tables...1)programs                                2)reservedin the programs...two fields 1)program id           2)maxseats................these details wil be entered by adminin the reserved table  two fileds ..1)PRogramid        2)statusmy requirement is .. i need the available seats..meansif any body is intersted in  any program...they wil select the program...then status becomes approved(1)..then i need the o/p as ...

SQL Express to SQL ?
I am developing a site using the express edition of all tools (VWD and SQL Express).  I want to use GoDaddy hosting and was wondering if I will be able to effectively put my SQL database and website up on their hosting even though it was developed via Express edition of Microsoft programs?...

Retrieving sql error position in a sql statement (informix)
I've developped an tool with that help developpers on Stored Procedure developing. It's possible to retriev the procedure code and modifying it on a RichTextEdit, with keyword color, ... When the script is send to the database (executing a Create Procdedure statement) and that there's an error in it, the only information I have is the sqlcode, sqldbcode and sqlerrtext. But none of these give me the position of the error like DBACCESS tool do. Can someone help me ? ...

SQL statement to generate SQL commands to run later
Hi All, ASA 8.0.2.8854 & SA10.0.1.3784 I'm trying to generate an output file that contains SQL commands to be executed later and am having problems with a text field that contains an apostrophe. This is what I'm executing: Select 'Select SysId from Debtor where Name1=''' + d.Name1 + ''';' from Debtor d; output to 'c:\Test.sql' FORMAT FIXED; In a few rows the Name1 column contains a value with an apostrophe. For example Sam's Club. The actual generated output in this example is: Select SysId from Debtor where Name1...

Web resources about - SQL Logging SQL Statement - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As we move forward with software and social changes, I think it is imperative that I state clearly and forcefully my views on openness and the ...

Category:Articles containing potentially dated statements from June 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Malcolm Turnbull's statement to UN climate conference in Paris
Malcolm Turnbull joined other world leaders in Paris for the United Nations climate talks on Monday. This is his statement.

Obama releases emotional statement on Planned Parenthood shooting - Business Insider Deutschland
... Parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs, Colorado. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst President Barack Obama. President Barack Obama released a statement ...

Election 2016 News Today Dominated by Media Furor over These Trump Statements
Here is today’s top election 2016 news: The media attacked GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump this week for saying thousands of New Jersey ...

President Obama delivers a statement on national security
x YouTube Video Wednesday, Nov 25, 2015 · 5:08:06 PM +00:00 · Laura Clawson We’ll have a more in-depth account coming soon, but the summary ...

Why Chancellor George Osborne's Autumn Statement Is Good News For Entrepreneurs
Why the UK Chancellor's statement is mostly good news for Britain's business owners.

Trump Tweets Lengthy Statement About Reporter Serge Kovaleski, Demands Apology from New York Times
Donald Trump responded to critics who accused him of imitating the mannerisms of New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski in a lengthy statement ...

WWE News: Update On Why WWE Sent Out A Statement After The Controversial Paige And Charlotte RAW Promo ...
When WWE gets the wrestling world talking, that is usually a very good thing. However, that does not seem to be the case when it comes to Paige ...

Planned Parenthood shooting suspect's statements could suggest motive
Los Angeles Times Planned Parenthood shooting suspect's statements could suggest motive Los Angeles Times Scott Dontanville, a co-pastor at ...