SQL Anywhere object not appearing in NT performance monitor

Does anybody have an idea why the SQL Anywhere object is not appearing in
NT performance monitor. It doesn't show up  in the object drop-down when
you add items to the chart. I have re-installed SA 5.0.0.3 from scratch.
Does it only work with a later release of SA? Running NT 4.0 with Service
Pak 2

0
Steve

SQL Anywhere and NT Performance Monitor
Please excuse any repetition. I've seen and read a number of past postings on this issue, but still have not been able to resolve the problem. I'm running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on NT 4.0 SP5 and cannot get the SQL Anywhere object to show up in NT's Performance Monitor. I've followed advice from solved cases I've read and executed 'unloadctr SQL_Anywhere' followed by 'lodctr sqlactrs.ini'. This has made entries in the registry, but not all of the entries that I've seen referenced, such as close, collect, library, etc. I've also seen referenc...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

PowerDynamo object in NT Performance Monitor
Dear ALL, I'd like to use NT's performance monitor to monitor the Dynamo/IIS performance. When I look into the EAS PowerDynamo User guide v.3.5 (Ch 3 P.70), it says that there is a Power Dynamo object in the [Edit]->[Add to Chart]. However, I can't find it, is there anything I missed during EA Server my installation ? BTY, Anyone can tell me which indicator is useful in determining PD's performance in IIS ? Thanks Steven ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 Performance Monitor
Hi, I've just deployed a SQL Anywhere 5.5/PB6 application and had a question about the performance monitor in Sybase Central. The system is on about 50 machines but there's usually no more than 10 people in at a time. There are no specific performance issues yet as the DB is still quite small but what should I look at in the performance monitor to check that everything's funky? Or what should I keep an eye on as the DB grows? Thanks, Adam. ...

PowerDynamo object in NT Performance Monitor (Con't)
Dear ALL, Further to my previously posted message concerning NT performance monitor counter in NT. I've found there exist the following application error log in my NT Event Viewer ======================================================================= The Open Procedure for service "ContentFilter" in DLL "QPerf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0. ======================================================================= Steven ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://...

Need help with running SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta on SQL Anywhere Version 10.0.1.3784
After we installed the latest patch and modified sm10.bat file to use the correct path and variable we're unable to run SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta. Got this error....need your help: C:\Rachan\SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta>sm10.BAT start SQL Anywhere Start Server In Background Utility Version 10.0.1.3784 DBSPAWN ERROR: -934 Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database Error! The SQL Anywhere Monitor could not be started. Error 1 C:\Rachan\SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta>dbsupport -iu SQL Anywhere Support Utility Version 10.0.1.3784 There are no...

SQL Anywhere performance on dual-cpu NT 4.0 Server question
I am running SQL Anywhere on a dual P266 NT 4.0 server and am interested if anyone has been able to get the cpu usage over 50%? On a single cpu nt 4.0 server the cpu usage would reguarly go to 90 - 100% usage when we ran some of the large complex queries. I looks as though SQL Anywhere is only using 1 of the 2 cpu's at any given time on the new server. Given that SQL Anywhere is multi-threaded I would have thought that the os would have balanced the threads across the 2 cpu's. The database is not waiting on disk I/O as I have checked. Thanks for any help. Gene >I am r...

Performance Monitor Snap-in
I am trying to monitor our ASP.NET web application, running on Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6. When I open the Performance Snap-In, I am unable to select the standard Performance objects I see in Windows 2000 server - namely ASP.NET, ASP.NET Applications, ASP.NET Apps v1.1.4322 and ASP.NET v1.1.4322 Can somebody tell me what's happening? Am I missing something? Thanks...

SQL monitoring on SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 ?
Hi Is there a way to log all the user intructions SELECT/UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE) received and treated by a SQL Anywhere server ? I would like to make an optimisation based on the real user queries. I don't want to activate the trace on the client PC, because it tends to slow the application too much, and to fill the disk as quickly. Any idea appreciated. Philip ...

Migrating data from SQL Anywhere to SQL Server Professional NT
We are in the process of moving from a SQL Anywhere database to SQL Server Professional on NT. Is there an easy way to migrate the data from the SQL Anywhere database to the SQL Server database? I tried using "unload" in SQL Central to create data files that could be used by BCP to reload the SQL Server, but I was having difficulty BCPing the data in (different file formats). Is there an easier way? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Linda D. Morison -- ******************************************************************** * Linda D. M...

SQL Anywhere for UNIX performance (SUSE)
Hi all, my ct has ASA 7.0.4 on SuSE 8.1. The queries are much more slower than on Windows. Example - insert into table with 1 FK : ASA Win - 0.05s ASA LIN - 0.38s (CPU on Linux 95% iddle) Ct starts server with: startproc $ASA_BIN/dbsrv7 -n $NAMEOFENGINE -gd all -gk all -u -ud -c 25M There is possible problem in cache usage. May it be caused due to ASA 7.0.4 suport SuSe till ver.7.3? Thanks, Lubor I'm assuming that both the Windows and Linux boxes are _IDENTICAL_, otherwise we are comparing apples to oranges. Seeing that the Linux server is sitting i...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere object not appearing in NT performance monitor - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

George Pell: the Catholic Church's performance at the royal commission is farcical
The Catholic Church continues to harm sex abuse victims by its failure to acknowledge the extent to which it covered-up sex crimes against children. ...

Best of Android 2015: Performance
... phone to buy and we’re taking the guesswork out of that question. For this installment in Best of Android 2015, we’re taking a look at performance: ...

WATCH: Cuban jazz musicians break into dance during first U.S. performance - Videos - CBS News
... began restoring relations with Cuba, a group of young jazz musicians fulfilled a lifelong dream of performing on American soil. During a performance ...

Chinese Performance Artist Shows Creative Potential Of Air Pollutants
Chinese performance artist Brother Nut has all of Beijing talking about his repurposing of air pollutants into bricks for building Chinese Performance ...

Casetek sees growing revenue performance in November
Metal chassis maker Casetek has announced consolidated revenues of NT$4.21 billion (US$128.44 million) for November, up 2.83% on month and 7.07% ...

Rossignol and PIQ team up to track your skiing performance
PIQ has teamed up with Rossignol to give you all the skiing metrics you probably never thought you needed. The 13-axis ski sensor, which is identical ...

Aleksandar Mitrovic - Anger fueled performance against Spurs - ESPN FC
Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has revealed anger at not being selected in the team's starting XI fueled his decisive performance vs. ...

Ouch! Demi Lovato Takes a Tumble During iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Performance
Ouch! Demi Lovato Takes a Tumble During iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Performance

App Performance Is Key to Business Performance: Riverbed Survey
Application performance continues to be important, but the rapidly changing nature of business and technology poses new challenges.