SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT

Hello!

I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on
QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL.
Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to
entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity
to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask
some questions.
First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C
for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any
qnx-specific functions in my programs). Is it possible or are there any
principal differences between SQL Anywhere for NT and for QNX?

0
Alexey

I can't speak to the C code and the recompiling that you will need to do
there.  But I can tell you that the database should be portable to WinNT.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com

                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                      JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                http://www.JumpStart99.com

jegan
4/25/1999 12:21:40 AM
You should have no problems, but you want to compile as NT Command Line
programs, dot DOS.

Jim Egan wrote:

> I can't speak to the C code and the recompiling that you will need to do
> there.  But I can tell you that the database should be portable to WinNT.
> --
> Jim Egan [TeamPS]
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com
> Houston, TX
>
>                 ***********************************************************
>                           Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
>                       JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
>                                 http://www.JumpStart99.com
>                 ***********************************************************
0
Al

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

SQL Anywhere for QNX and PL/SQL
Is there anything like Omniconnect for QNX? I need to connect a Sybase SQL Anywhere for QNX an Oracle PL/SQL. If anyone has done this any information on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dan ...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

Upgrade from SQL Anywhere 9.02 to SQL Anywhere 10
Hello, This is my first question asked in this forum. I have been developed both Window and ASP.Net applications using Visual studio 2003 with C#.Net. It still uses .Net 1.1 with SQL Anywhere 9.02. Products need to be released for beta test very soon. I would like to use 'ClearPool' for database connection which I can remove a specific connection from .Net connection pool when I use the connection string as POOLING=TRUE. I cannot do this in .Net 1.1 and SQL Anywhere 9.02. I believe that this feature just added into .Net 2.0 and SQL Anywhere 10. I am using .Net Data ...

SQL Anywhere Client (AIX) to Access SQL Anywhere 8.0
What client is needed to access SQL Anywhere 8.0 from an AIX client machine? Where can I download it? The Unix version of SQL Anywhere Studio is available for purchase. The client software is included in the package. Your sales rep can assist you with the pricing details for client licenses. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to al...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server
sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server are there any major known issues other than test for my scenarios or it is not compatible at all. i was able to connect, add, delete & update records on a simple table & dataset. Env: VS 2005 .NET 2.0 & sql anywhere 10 thanks vsv This configuration should work. But we do not do significant (if any) testing of this configuration, so you should ensure you do thorough testing with your application. -- Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions) Please reply only to the newsgroup. Whitepapers, TechDo...

Migrating data from SQL Anywhere to SQL Server Professional NT
We are in the process of moving from a SQL Anywhere database to SQL Server Professional on NT. Is there an easy way to migrate the data from the SQL Anywhere database to the SQL Server database? I tried using "unload" in SQL Central to create data files that could be used by BCP to reload the SQL Server, but I was having difficulty BCPing the data in (different file formats). Is there an easier way? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Linda D. Morison -- ******************************************************************** * Linda D. M...

SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL
I have a server running microsoft SQL for an application. They are adding another software package that uses SQL Anywhere 9. Would there be any problems installing the SQL Anywhere 9 on a server already running Microsoft SQL 2000. <Stephen Taft> wrote in message news:422cd9de.10a5.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a server running microsoft SQL for an application. > They are adding another software package that uses SQL > Anywhere 9. Would there be any problems installing the SQL > Anywhere 9 on a server already running Microsoft SQL 2000. None. I have both ins...

SQL Server or SQL Anywhere ?
I am looking for recommendations/opinions from Sybase types who have use both SQL Server XI (Netware or NT) ad SQL Anyhwere, as a workgroup database server. Our data set (current -> projected near future) is as follows: Single server, maybe SMP in future. Tables: 35 -> 50 Records: 300K -> 2M (per table;large tables only - many are small) DB Space: 500MB -> 2GB (this number may grow if system becomes used for more business processes.) Users: 30 -> 50 (maybe 100 in the far future) Queries: Return 30-200 records on average, occasionally up to 2000. ...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Video Screenshots Showing Chicago Police Officers Allegedly Deleting Laquan McDonald Shooting Footage ...
Two grainy screenshots have emerged for the first time appearing to show police officers sitting at a computer inside a Burger King, reviewing ...

Here’s What International Leaders Have To Say About Climate Change
It was time for the world’s heads of state to have their say on the climate change problems and opportunities. They have now done so at COP21. ...

Roundup: Mark Zuckerberg Giving 99% of Facebook Shares to Charity & Mark Richt, Georgia Governor?
Jacqueline MacInnes, actress … Mark Zuckerberg plans on giving away 99% of his Facebook shares to charity … on Thanksgiving, “ Sisters tried ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Secret Easter Eggs Leaked Online, Plus Everything We Know About Villain ...
With the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens only a month away, it seems as though everyone is getting in on the action, including a few ...

Syria airstrikes vote: Corbyn accused of threatening own Labour MPs as Cameron refuses to apologise for ...
Prime Minister urges Conservatives not to 'sit on your hands' while Labour MPs are left in tears over 'bullying' tactics ahead of air strikes ...

Samsung's Gear VR goes on sale in the UK for £80
If you're intrigued by VR and whether the technology is really up to snuff, there's a new smartphone-powered headset by Samsung to consider. ...

‘Game of Thrones:’ Bono & RED AIDS Campaign Offer Chance To Win Tour Of Season 7 ‘GOT’ Set For World ...
To raise awareness on World AIDS Day, Bono of U2 has started a unique campaign giving donors a chance to win a visit to the Belfast sets of the ...

Cyber Monday sales top $3 billion as discounts spur buyers
Shopping through mobile devices soared on Cyber Monday, accounting for more than a quarter of the $3 billion in sales, but many online retailers ...

More than 700,000 British children affected by VTech hack
The popular toymaker has admitted personal details of 6.4 million children globally have been accessed

A new Google feature that allows you to archive photos could give Pinterest a headache
Google has introduced a Pinterest-like feature that allows people to archive photos into folders and look at them later. The new Google Inside ...