SQL Anywhere DBClient to hide.

My users of multiuser sql anywhere close the SQL Anywhere DB Client task.
How do I hide the DB Client task?
I have a ODBC start up string that look something like " dbclient bb - x
tcpip -y"

0
Victor

In article <hq4T5RgR9GA.468@forums.powersoft.com>,
victor_cekvenich@email.msn.com says...
> My users of multiuser sql anywhere close the SQL Anywhere DB Client task.
> How do I hide the DB Client task?
> I have a ODBC start up string that look something like " dbclient bb - x
> tcpip -y"

yYou can try adding the -Q switch to the command line which starts the
engine.  If that does not work and you are running NT, you can try
running tit as a service--

Andy Turiansky
Team Powersoft
AndyT@DelaNET.Com
http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/
0
NOSPAM
3/2/1998 7:47:45 PM
I got around the problem by designing the application to recognize it.  Any
database interaction with the transaction object
does return error codes.  There are error codes specific to engine not running
among other critical failures.  If the engine is
not running, I clean up and present the connection dialog once again.  The user
eventually gets the picture.  Look at the
error codes and experiment and you can build a robust application.

Victor Cekvenich wrote in message ...
>My users of multiuser sql anywhere close the SQL Anywhere DB Client task.
>How do I hide the DB Client task?
>I have a ODBC start up string that look something like " dbclient bb - x
>tcpip -y"

begin 666 John Daniels.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"DXZ1&%N:65L<SM*;VAN#0I&3CI*;VAN($1A;FEE;',-
,"D5.1#I60T%21 T*
`
end

0
John
3/3/1998 1:41:09 AM
The -Q switch works well. However, there is one problem.
It is case sensitive, so -q doesn't work.
I just wanted to say that, It can save you a lot of work. We're not used to
case sensitivity anymore.

Geert 'Darling' Van Damme

Andy Turiansky wrote in message ...
>In article <hq4T5RgR9GA.468@forums.powersoft.com>,
>victor_cekvenich@email.msn.com says...
>> My users of multiuser sql anywhere close the SQL Anywhere DB Client task.
>> How do I hide the DB Client task?
>> I have a ODBC start up string that look something like " dbclient bb - x
>> tcpip -y"
>>

>yYou can try adding the -Q switch to the command line which starts the
>engine.  If that does not work and you are running NT, you can try
>running tit as a service--
>
>Andy Turiansky
>Team Powersoft
>AndyT@DelaNET.Com
>http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/

0
Geert

Victor

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

help document engine for SQL Anywhere 6/general information on Anywhere 6?
I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on this. Thanks, Mairi Reyer >I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it >be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? I haven't heard anything about that. >Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Upgrade from SQL Anywhere 9.02 to SQL Anywhere 10
Hello, This is my first question asked in this forum. I have been developed both Window and ASP.Net applications using Visual studio 2003 with C#.Net. It still uses .Net 1.1 with SQL Anywhere 9.02. Products need to be released for beta test very soon. I would like to use 'ClearPool' for database connection which I can remove a specific connection from .Net connection pool when I use the connection string as POOLING=TRUE. I cannot do this in .Net 1.1 and SQL Anywhere 9.02. I believe that this feature just added into .Net 2.0 and SQL Anywhere 10. I am using .Net Data ...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

Where is the SQL Anywhere General newsgroup?
Am I missing something, or has the SQLAnywhereGeneral newsgroup disappeared? Steve It's there, sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general on forums.sybase.com where it's always been. There was a long outage recently, and a rebuild of the server. Your newsgroup reader may be confused about things. FWIW Forte Agent had no problems other than walking *all* the messages on the first sync after the server came back. Breck On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:32:42 +0100, "Steve Moran" <spamyenot.steve@letyenotspam.silverlink.co.uk> wrote: >Am I missing something, or h...

DBClient for SQL Anywhere over RAS
Hi My Client application works fine on the LAN Workstations. From Home-Office Clients which connect over an ISDN - Line and Windows NT RAS the dbclient.exe cannot start. We are using dbclient.exe version 5.5.04 Build #1867. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Tony This is the logfile: =========== 1: -z 2: -o 3: c:\temp\sqlany.log 4: OLServer Sybase SQL Anywhere Network Requestor Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 Copyright by Sybase, Inc., and its subsidiaries, 1988, 1997. All rights reserved. Sybase is a trademark of Sybase, Inc. Trying to start DDE link ... DDE link start...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere DBClient to hide. - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Walmart’s Black Friday sale is now live online
It’s Thanksgiving Day today, which means you’re probably busy with family and friends... and also with shopping. This year, major retailers have ...

New York's Thanksgiving parade expected to draw huge crowd despite security jitters
By Kylie Gumpert NEW YORK (Reuters) - Record crowds were expected to swarm Manhattan sidewalks and rooftops on Thursday to glimpse the marching ...

Google Translate’s Star Wars easter egg could help you chat with C-3PO
C-3PO is arguably one of the most well-versed characters in Star Wars. With fluency in over 6 million forms of communication, he can put most ...

Russia and Turkey refuse to back down in row over jet downing
Reuters Russia and Turkey refuse to back down in row over jet downing Reuters ISTANBUL/NIZHNY TAGIL, Russia Russia sent an advanced missile ...

Donald Trump slammed for impression of disabled New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski
Trump flailed his arms around as he 'ridiculed' esteemed journalist Serge Kovaleski, who suffers from a chronic condition which effects the movement ...

Away fans banned after Paris attacks
Away fans are banned from all football matches in France until mid-December following the attacks in Paris.

Holy Smoke! New Raspberry Pi Zero Costs Just $5…
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has upped the ante when it comes to low cost single board computers, announcing a new additional to its family of ...

Obama on Thanksgiving urges generosity to Syrian refugees
President Barack Obama urged Americans to show generosity to Syrian refugees in his Thanksgiving message on Thursday, reminding them that the ...

The Pope's Africa Visit May Spotlight South Sudan
Pope Francis is making his first trip to Africa this month. Catholics in South Sudan are praying that a few words from the Holy Father on African ...

Amazon is preemptively taking on Apple TV
Amazon is moving Prime Instant Video towards a more cable TV-like service, Bloomberg reports . The company is looking at adding other networks, ...