SQL Anywhere Client (AIX) to Access SQL Anywhere 8.0

What client is needed to access SQL Anywhere 8.0 from an AIX client
machine?  Where can I download it?
0
Dennis_Cieri

The Unix version of SQL Anywhere Studio is available for purchase. The
client software is included in the package. Your sales rep can assist you
with the pricing details for client licenses.

Robert Waywell
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate
Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

<Dennis_Cieri> wrote in message
> What client is needed to access SQL Anywhere 8.0 from an AIX client
> machine?  Where can I download it?

0
Robert

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server
sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server are there any major known issues other than test for my scenarios or it is not compatible at all. i was able to connect, add, delete & update records on a simple table & dataset. Env: VS 2005 .NET 2.0 & sql anywhere 10 thanks vsv This configuration should work. But we do not do significant (if any) testing of this configuration, so you should ensure you do thorough testing with your application. -- Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions) Please reply only to the newsgroup. Whitepapers, TechDo...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

SQL Anywhere 8.0.2 SQL Remote FTP replication problems
Hi all, I have a problem setting up the FTP message control parameters with SQL Remote. I use the SET REMOTE FTP OPTION statement to do this. See an example. Considering a remote user with name 'pippo'... SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.host = 'my_host'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.user = 'mickey'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.password = 'mouse'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.root_directory = 'root_dir'; These four statements set FTP parameters for the pippo database user. This means that I want that the user pippo gain access to the replicati...

Need help with running SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta on SQL Anywhere Version 10.0.1.3784
After we installed the latest patch and modified sm10.bat file to use the correct path and variable we're unable to run SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta. Got this error....need your help: C:\Rachan\SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta>sm10.BAT start SQL Anywhere Start Server In Background Utility Version 10.0.1.3784 DBSPAWN ERROR: -934 Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database Error! The SQL Anywhere Monitor could not be started. Error 1 C:\Rachan\SQL Anywhere Monitor Beta>dbsupport -iu SQL Anywhere Support Utility Version 10.0.1.3784 There are no...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 and SQL Server 11.0
Hi, we have the folowing problem in my company. There is a SYBASE version 11.0.3 installation by one of our customers. My company which is a producing financial software would like to install there Sybase SQL Anywhere (version 5.5.00) as database for our programs. Is it possible to have these two databases on one server (Netware or Windows NT) ? It is an important case for us. Jakub Yes you can run those two together. Just to push the limit I ran SQL Anywhere, MS SQL Server and Sybase SQL Server all at the same time on my NT Server at home. No complaints from any of the...

SQL Anywhere 8.0 and 8 processors?
My customer plans to extend the number of processors to 4 Xeons. Xeon acts like two processors, so SQL Anwyhere will see 8 processors. I haven't seen any limitation of processors being used by SQL Any, but I'm not sure if database server will be able to use all processors. The platform: Win2000 Server, more than 60 concurrent connections, data processing 24hours x7days. Piotr Malecki By default, on Windows operating systems, the network database server uses all CPUs available on the machine, the personal database server is limited to two processors, and the runtime ...

SQL Anywhere 8.0 client connecting to 5.5 database
I currently have a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database server running on NT 4 Server. I am planning an upgrade to 8.0. Because of logistics, I want to install the 8.0 client on the workstations first while connecting to the 5.5 database. Will the 8.0 client connect to the 5.5 database?? Do you have any other helpful tips for the upgrade process from 5.5 to 8.0?? Thank you in advance! NWesturn The 8.0 and 5.5 products can co-exist. They share no files and the only problem you might have is that the utilities (like dbinit) have the same name so make sure you find the right ones when you use...

Client pc not seeing the Server SQL Anywhere 8.0.3
Help!, 3 client pc connected to SQL Anywhere 8.0.3 server without any problem. 2 out of 3 client pc was recently replaced but now it won't connect to the server. They can see and access the database file but not SQL Anywhere server when adding data source on ODBC. Thanks for any help. Billy, How are the ODBC sources configured on the working and non-working PCs? What is the network protocol you use? TCP/IP? If so, have you configured this in ODBC admin? Did you try "Test Connection" in the ODBC admin tool? If so, what is the exact error message you get? Frank...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere Client (AIX) to Access SQL Anywhere 8.0 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Donald Trump: Muslims In United States Cheered On 9/11 Comments, ‘Outrageous,’ ‘Willfully Distorts The ...
Statements that billionaire and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump have made with regard to “thousands” of Muslims in the United ...

For Star Wars fans, old and new
The first memory I have of watching a movie is with my dad. I was around four years old, and one afternoon he fired up our bulky, '80s-style ...

Jason Hatcher Accuses Officials of Making Bad Calls Against Washington Redskins Because of Their Nickname ...
MUST WATCH- #Redskins Jason Hatcher on his frustration with refs & how it feels personal because of the team’s name pic.twitter.com/lswvyP5FW4 ...

McIlroy wins Race to Dubai with UAE title
ESPN McIlroy wins Race to Dubai with UAE title The Augusta Chronicle The third-ranked golfer in the world shot 6-under-par 66 with eight birdies ...

Alabama Republican Has Some Thoughts on All These Dang Syrian Refugees
Were you just saying to yourself how the world could really use more insane rhetoric on the ongoing Syrian refugee crisis? Weh-heh-hell , here ...

Hundreds Of ISIS Fighters Killed In Last Three Days As Russia, Syrian Forces Intensify Attacks
Hundreds of ISIS fighters have been killed in just a few days as Russia has intensified its attacks against the Islamist group and Syrian fighters ...

Joyce Carol Oates ISIS Comments Enrage Public: Can The Islamic State Be ‘Celebratory And Joyous’?
Joyce Carol Oates is the kind of novelist from whom one can expect timely commentary. Even her fiction has always been plugged into a deeper ...

Bay Area woman speaks out after Southwest flight headed for LAX diverted due ...
abc7news.com Bay Area woman speaks out after Southwest flight headed for LAX diverted due ... abc7news.com A Bay Area woman was on a Southwest ...

‘The Walking Dead’ Spoilers: Steven Yeun Talks Glenn’s Fate — Will Negan And Lucille Hit The ‘TWD’ Finale ...
Anyone reading The Walking Dead spoilers knows that Glenn is alive, but the question remains if his doom still lies around the corner. After ...

'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2' debuts to nearly $250 million globally
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2” may have fallen short of expectations in the U.S. and Canada, but the series finale starring Jennifer Lawrence ...