SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL

I have a server running microsoft SQL for an application.
They are adding another software package that uses SQL
Anywhere 9.  Would there be any problems installing the SQL
Anywhere 9 on a server already running Microsoft SQL 2000.
0
Stephen

<Stephen Taft> wrote in message news:422cd9de.10a5.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have a server running microsoft SQL for an application.
> They are adding another software package that uses SQL
> Anywhere 9.  Would there be any problems installing the SQL
> Anywhere 9 on a server already running Microsoft SQL 2000.

None.  I have both installed on my laptop, and they co-exist nicely.

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Paul

Sql Anywhere and Microsoft SQL 7
How do I connect a Microsoft SQL 7.0 server to a SQL Anywhere server ? I need to transfer data from a SQL Anywhere database to a Microsoft SQL 7.0 database using Microsofts Data Transformation Services (DTS) but require an ODBC driver to do this. Is there an ODBC driver available ? ODBC driver software ships with SQL Anywhere, and is documented in the Help... and you need the SQL Anywhere software to do anything with the database. I don't know anything about DTS, but if that doesn't work for you, you can approach it from the other end (SQL Anywhere) and use proxy tables ...

How do I migrate a SQL Anywhere database into Microsoft SQL Server?
I received a detached .db file which was from Sybase ASA version 9. I installed the Developer version of SQL Anywhere 11 and used the Unload Database tool to convert it to a version 11 database. I am trying to get the whole thing into SQL Server 2008 (which is what I need to work in) using the Import Wizard. I select the data source "SQL Anywhere OLE DB Provider 11", but I am stuck getting it to actually connect. I read that there may be problems with this driver. Does anyone have any tips on how to copy this database into SQL Server? Thanks in advance for any help! Hi...

How do I migrate a SQL Anywhere database into Microsoft SQL Server?
I got a detached .db file from a client which was from Sybase ASA version 9. I installed the Developer version of SQL Anywhere 11 and used the Unload Database tool to convert it to a version 11 database. I am trying to get the whole thing into SQL Server 2008 (which is what I need to work in) using the Import Wizard. I select the data source "SQL Anywhere OLE DB Provider 11", but I am stuck getting it to actually connect. I read that there may be problems with this driver. Does anyone have any tips on how to copy this database onto SQL Server? Thanks for your help! W...

SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am new to the SQL Anywhere Database product and was wondering if anyone knows wether or not SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 can reside on the same server? Thank you, Jason ...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 #2
I am new to the SQL Anywhere Database product and was wondering if anyone knows wether or not SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 can reside on the same server? Thank you, Jason Yes, they can, there are no conflicts (other than a healthy competition for resources like RAM and CPU :)... I regularly have 'em running together. Breck On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:06:12 -0500, "Jason Dixon" <jasondixon@triad.rr.com> wrote: >I am new to the SQL Anywhere Database product and was wondering if anyone >knows wether or not SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL S...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL server 7.0 on Win98 Compatibility
Does anyone know of any compatabilty problems between SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL server 7.0 ? I had SQL Anywhere running fine on my Win 98 machine untill I installed Microsoft SQL server 7.0. Now when I try to connect to a db I get an error message that dbeng50 is causing an invalid page fault in module dbeng50 at 0177:00401d08 I've uninstalled Microsoft SQL server 7.0, and Reinstalled SQL Anwhere but I am still getting the error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks RG It sounds like SQL Server stomped on a system DLL that SQL Anywhere needed (but perhaps doesn&#...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

SQL Anywhere and Pervasive SQL
I have a client who is running SQL Anywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. It is being used by a product called The Raiser's Edge. They will be upgrading from AccPac for DOS to AccPac for Windows in the near future and this will require the installation of Pervasive SQL 2000 on the server. Is anyone aware of any compatibility issues surrounding the installation and operation of these two products on the same server? You should have posted this in the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general newsgroup. Generally you shouldn't have a problem as long as none of the files are named th...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere and Microsoft SQL - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message