SQL Anywhere 9.02.xxxx and Janus GridEx

Please help!  When connected to the developement version of the dbsrv9.exe
version 9.0.2.3044 with our application, we run smoothly.  When we connect
to a server that uses the same version that is licensed for deployment as
per seat @ 50 nodes, we experience an unusual permissions problem with our
Janus GridEx (VB6).  If we add new records to the database using a seperate
recordset, we use the .Rebind function to recreate the recordset in the grid
control.  We get the new records, but we no longer can edit them in the
grid.  It sometimes takes 3 or 4 new records, but eventually the provider
reports  Error -2147217911  Permission Denied:You do not have permisions to
update "TableName".  This never happens against the development server.  We
get this with only one connection too.  Once this error occurs, the only way
to get update in ANY grid control is to close the App so we get a new
connection.  We use a connection class object so that we only establish on
connection to the database and use it for all our recordset connections.
If anyone has any experience with the Janus GridEx or of this type of
behavior, we could use some help.  I can provide more details if needed.

0
Jeffery

Upgrade from SQL Anywhere 9.02 to SQL Anywhere 10
Hello, This is my first question asked in this forum. I have been developed both Window and ASP.Net applications using Visual studio 2003 with C#.Net. It still uses .Net 1.1 with SQL Anywhere 9.02. Products need to be released for beta test very soon. I would like to use 'ClearPool' for database connection which I can remove a specific connection from .Net connection pool when I use the connection string as POOLING=TRUE. I cannot do this in .Net 1.1 and SQL Anywhere 9.02. I believe that this feature just added into .Net 2.0 and SQL Anywhere 10. I am using .Net Data ...

TrendMicro PCCelin and SQL Remote with SQL Anywhere 9,02
Hi, following trouble: Sometimes the consolidated Database sais there are corrupt messages while receiving messages. After stopping the antivirus on remote side pc it works fine. The SQL Remote works with SMTP. So we deaktivated the scan of smtp outgoing messages. However the same problem will occur sometimes. Is there a temporary folder where sqlremote creates the outgoing messages? May be that the antivivirus software modifies these temporary files ?? For any help - thanks in advance! Greetings Frank Steinmann There should be no storage of smtp based message ...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

SQL AnyWhere 9.02 very slow
I'm fighting with performance problems here. We have a customer that uses an ERP-Software that's based on Sybase SQL Anywhere 9.02. The database "weights" is about 5GB. When searching large tables (> 1 mio. records) it takes a long time until the resultset is available. We checked all the indexes and I think thay are correct (all searched values are in the index). One problem may be that the ERP-software uses two CHAR(10) fields for the primary key. But I cannot change this because I'm not the autor of the software... Any Ideas on how or where I can inc...

SQL Anywhere 9.02 and connection Pooling
I am using an ASA 9.02.3599 I downloaded and am using the latest J-Connect driver (don't know build number) jconn3.jar I am using this in conjucntion with the SUN Application Server. I set up the connection pool, and it initializes fine, however the connections never get released back into the pool. nThe end result is that my pool maxes out and I run out of connections. Is there anything specific to this setup that I should know that could be causing this hangup. ANything special that I need to do to release the connection back into the pool? Any special database opti...

SQL Anywhere 9.02 vs 10 information?
Hello, Is there an online document someone can point me to that describes the primary differences between SQL Anywhere v.9.0.2 and v.10.0 ? We are adding a new location (identical client software, LAN setup, etc), therefore a new server (the other 2 locations use 9.0.2) and I know both versions are still available, but I hate to buy an old version. Thanks, Jason Boardman The most thorough description is the What's New section of the V10 Help, which you can get for free by downloading the Developers Edition. There is also an opinionated article Top 10 Cool New Feature...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

SQL Anywhere 9.02
Sybase runs slower on our new web server. We've upgraded from a singe cpu server with 1 hard drive to a 2 dual-core xeon system with 5 hard drives on RAID (same OS - Win 2003, SP1). Sybase now takes 30 to 40 mins to rebuild the database, compared to 12 mins on the previous machine. In fact, the web site that accesses the Sybase database runs so slowly that we've migrated back to the previous server. There must be a conflict or constraint of some kind, but apartment from hardware the new server has been configured in the same way as the old one to the best of my knowledge. Any...

SQL Anywhere 9.02 authentication failure when creating a new dbspace
Hi there, Can anybody help me please? I installed the SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0, upgraded to 9.0.2 (Windows XP) and I have this error: authentication failure (SQLCODE = -98) when creating a second dbspace in a new database. Same error occurs when trying to create a user. Does anybody have an idea what's wrong? Radu Criveanu radu@blacksea.com Have you implemented the changes to saopts.sql as indicated in the "Readme First Authenticated Edition"? <raducriveanu> wrote in message news:41ed3600.731e.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi there, > > Can anyb...

Missing files for Embedded SQL Programming in SQL Anywhere 9
Hi ! We have SQL Anywhere 9 Developer Edition installed. Previous version was ASA 6 and we worked with Embedded SQL. Now we need few files to rebuild our C++ project ( dblibtm.lib and *.h ) and can't find them (. According to Online Book "...All import libraries are installed in the lib subdirectory, under the operating system subdirectory of the SQL Anywhere installation directory. For example, Windows import libraries are stored in the win32\lib subdirectory..." but the files are missimg. Any suggestions ? Regards, Victor Victor Rolnikov wrote:...

PowerBuilder 9.01 and SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0
Will PB 9.01 applications work with SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0 on Windows 2003 server? Documentation says is was tested with SQL Anyhwere Studio 8.02. I haven't had any issues with that combination. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Dan Schuster> wrote in message news:407ab670.2319.846930886@sybase.com... > Will PB 9.01 applications work with SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0 > on Windows 2003 server? Documentation says is was tested > with SQL Anyhwere Studio 8.02. ASA9 is support on Win2003 ( http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms.html) -- Chris Kea...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere 9
How can I install the SQL Anywhere 9 in a pocket builder Very Thanks... Hi, I use "c:\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 9\ce\arm.30\asa_ce.ARM.30.CAB", which I copy to my device and then I use cabinstl.exe (a free tool) to install it wherever I want to, but you can also just click on the .CAB so that it will install to its default folder..... On 23 Mar 2004 08:48:30 -0800, Def wrote: >How can I install the SQL Anywhere 9 in a pocket builder > >Very Thanks... ...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 9.02.xxxx and Janus GridEx - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

More than 100 homes lost in Australia's Christmas Day bushfires
Reuters More than 100 homes lost in Australia's Christmas Day bushfires Reuters MELBOURNE More than 100 homes burned down in a leading Australia ...

A courageous gesture by Modi in Lahore, but it is not yet clear where it will lead - Firstpost
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s decision to stopover in Lahore has echoes of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Pakistan diplomacy. ...

Top Syrian rebel leader killed in air strike in Damascus suburb
By Suleiman Al-Khalidi BEIRUT (Reuters) - A top Syrian rebel leader and head of the most powerful insurgent group in the eastern suburbs of Damascus ...

Iraqi Forces Advance Into The Heart Of Ramadi, Abadi Eyes Mosul As Next Target
In a move likely to assist in rehabilitating the heavily compromised reputation of the Iraqi military, Iraqi forces with US air support are successfully ...

Late-night earthquake rattles Pakistani capital, Afghanistan
A strong earthquake shook parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan early Saturday, rattling buildings and forcing sleeping residents out of their homes. ...

Radiohead's James Bond Theme Song "Spectre" Released
Radiohead just released a new song! “Last year we were asked to write a theme tune for the [James] Bond movie Spectre ,” Radiohead singer Thom ...

Oops: UK astronaut Tim Peake calls wrong number from space
Anyone can dial a wrong number, but it's not often done from outer space.

Gigi Hadid Celebrates White Christmas with Family
Gigi Hadid celebrates a dreamy white Christmas atop snow slopes with her family – mom Yolanda Foster , sister Bella Hadid , and brother Anwar ...

‘Southern Charm’ Thomas Ravenel Accuses Kathryn Dennis Of Doing Drugs When Pregnant With Their Second ...
The drama between Southern Charm stars Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis apparently hasn’t stopped despite the birth of their second child in ...

Police investigating officer-involved shooting near Hayward BART; 1 suspect in ...
abc7news.com Police investigating officer-involved shooting near Hayward BART; 1 suspect in ... abc7news.com A BART police officer is being ...