SQL Anywhere 9.0.2 Consume Web Service

I have created a self-hosted WCF service that exposes two
end-points: one MEX end-point to expose the WSDL and another
using basic http bindings. I am trying to communicate to the
service directly from our Database, and while I am able to
retrieve the WSDL exposed via the MEX end-point, I am unable
to talk to the method I have exposed on the basic HTTP
end-point. The method is nothing more than a method that
takes a single integer value and returns that same value

Example: int TestCall(int iValue)

I have defined my stored procedure to call this method as
follows:

CREATE PROCEDURE "DBA"."TestCall"(in iValue integer)
result(RtnCode INTEGER)
on exception resume
url
'http://localhost:8080/CS.Scheduler.DataSyncService.ServiceContract/IDataSyncService'
namespace 'http://tempuri.org/IDataSyncService'
type 'SOAP:DOC'

The SOAP message envelope being sent to the service is
formatted as follows:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:m="http://tempuri.org/IDataSyncService">
<s:Header
xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<To s:mustUnderstand="1"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/addressing/none">http://localhost:8080/CS.Scheduler.DataSyncService.ServiceContract/IDataSyncService</To>
<Action s:mustUnderstand="1"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/addressing/none">http://tempuri.org/IDataSyncService/TestCall</Action>
</s:Header>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<m:TestCall>
<m:iValue>7654321</m:iValue>
</m:TestCall>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The service exception being thrown is as follows:

OperationFormatter encountered an invalid Message body.
Expected to find node type 'Element' with name 'TestCall'
and namespace 'http://tempuri.org/'. Found node type
'Element' with name 'm:TestCall' and namespace
'http://tempuri.org/IDataSyncService'

If I generate a proxy from the WSDL and call the service via
the proxy from a Console application, the call works just
fine, and the SOAP message Envelope is formatted as:

<s:Envelope
xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<s:Header>
<To s:mustUnderstand="1"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/addressing/none">http://localhost:8080/CS.Scheduler.DataSyncService.ServiceContract/IDataSyncService</To>
<Action s:mustUnderstand="1"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/addressing/none">http://tempuri.org/IDataSyncService/TestCall</Action>
</s:Header>
<s:Body>
<TestCall xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">
<value>39393</value>
</TestCall>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

I have tried changing the namespace to use just
"http://tempuri.org", but that fails outright because then
it cannot find the end-point.

I would believe this should work, but I am wholly unfamiliar
with how Sybase consumes Web Services and the help files
contain little information, and I've found nothing helpful
about this on the web thus far, so I am hoping someone here
can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
D.
0
Douglas

Help upgrading x64 SQL Anywhere 9.0.x to 9.0.2
Looking at the sybase downloads for all months for windows x64, it's not clear how to get from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. I see one to get to 9.0.1 but not to 9.0.2. TIA, Bob Disregard, Reading the readme identified what I have as 9.0.2 already. Bob "Bob" <rpr_AT_techassist_DOT_com> wrote in message news:47d598d2$1@forums-1-dub... > Looking at the sybase downloads for all months for windows x64, it's not > clear how to get from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. I see one to get to 9.0.1 but not > to 9.0.2. > > TIA, > > Bob > > ...

XML Web Service from SQl Anywhere 8.0.2
Hi all, I will like to make a call to an XML web service from within the databse using Java interface built in SQL Anywhere 8.0.2. Basically I want to write a stored procedure which will return an XML doc in form of database long varchar field. Has anyone done that before .... TIA Ravi I can't point to any specific 8.0.2 references, but you may want to take a look at the current Banff Beta which includes a number of XML features. http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/banff/banff.html -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Sybase Adap...

Migrating ASA 9.0.2 to SQL Anywhere 12.0.0
Hello all...Does anyone know if it is possible to directly migrate ASA 9.0.2 to SQL Anywhere 12.0.0? Hello Mark, "Directly" is a bit of a loose term, but yes, you can migrate ASA 9 "directly" to SA 12. You will have to minimally rebuild your 9.0.x databases to be run on 12.0.x database servers. We also would expect that you thoroughly regression test your application against the new software version as there have been many behaviour changes and enhancements made since 9.0.2. I'd highly recommend reading the "Changes and Features" section in ...

Flex 2 and SQL Anywhere 9.0.2
Hi, I would like to ask how to create a cross domain policy file ( crossdomain.xml ) for my SQL Anywhere 9.0.2 Web Server. I am developing an application in FLEX and access data via web services using SQL Anywhere as my web server. In LAN, it works fine I can retrieve the data but when I deployed it in the Internet I get a security error. I know I needed to make a cross domain policy file. But I am not sure how to do this. Help. Sincerely, Chris Here is what the famous Carson Hager <Carson.Hager@cynergysystems.com> had to say: ==== Have him create a text fil...

Which Driver to use for sql Anywhere 9.0.2.3687 #2
I want to use crystasl reports 11 (11.0.0.1282) with thias database and need to install a driver. the current one installed with the program does not seem to be working. has anyone experiance with this? ...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

Migrating ASA 9.0.2 to SQL Anywhere 11.0.1
Hello all...we've been migrating our databases from ASA 9.0.2 to SQL Anywhere 11.0.1 with great success. The only problem I have encountered is that if you migrate a table that has a column which is a reserved word in SQLAnywhere 11.0.1, i.e. 'comment', the SQL Anywhere 11.0.1 on-line help says that it must be enclosed in double quotes, i.e. "comment". Additionally, the migration documentation states that all references to the reserved word should be changed to a different name, ie 'comment' would become '@comment'... The problem with these work a...

SQL Anywhere 8.0.3 and 9.0.2 on PocketPC / Windows CE, wireless time out values
I have a PocketBuilder application that connects to several local databases on a PocketPC device. Additionally, we also (at various times) try to connect to a remote database (same version and build as on the PocketPC device) via a wireless TCP/IP connection. One of our customers that has some spotty receiption in some of their locations has asked us how long the time out is before the remote database connection times out, and if there is any way to control this. It seems that now it times out after about a minute. Is there any connection string settings that would control t...

Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and Debugging Web Services
I've run into to very discouraging problems. After running through the step-by-step help file for WSE 2.0 and trying to create a web service and application that passes a username token, I continue to get the same error over and over again: Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.SecurityFault: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized at Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Tokens.UsernameTokenManager.AuthenticateToken(UsernameToken token) at Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Tokens.UsernameTokenManager.VerifyToken(SecurityToken securityToken) at Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Securi...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'
  Server Error in '/Bradford' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'Source Error:[No relevant source lines]Source File: vbc : Command line    Line: 0 Show Detailed Compiler Output:c:\windows\system32\inetsrv> "C:\WI...

Problem since installing SQL Anywhere Studio
hello, now i have a problem with the plug-ins for ASA and Mobilink, if i want to register the plug-in for any of this two ASA and Mobilink i got a message telling me to upgrade Sybase central to ver. 4.3.. i installed the EBF in the same directory where Sql Anywhere Studio ver 9.0.0 were installed, but now, i don=b4t get why i=b4m having a problem with the path of t his plug-ins how can i solve this problem? Thanks If you check the short-cut in your start menu to run Sybase Central, does it point to the Sybase Central 4.2 or Sybase Central 4.3 directory? If it's still p...

Sql anywhere studio 9.0.2
Does PocketBuilder 2.0.1 is compatible with ASA 9.0.2.2451 ? I read the release document for PB 2.0.1 where it says PB was tested with ASA 9.0.1. Thanks, I'm currently using ASA 9.0.2.3044 and things work fine. HTH, Reed Shilts PocketBuilder Development Manager <Standard-Disclaimers-Apply/> On 18 Apr 2005 14:19:30 -0700, "Zehra Konuk" <zkonuk@datascan.com> wrote: >Does PocketBuilder 2.0.1 is compatible with ASA 9.0.2.2451 ? >I read the release document for PB 2.0.1 where it says PB was tested with >ASA 9.0.1. > >Thanks, ...

ASA9.0.2 and consuming web services
Hi all, I've got ASA 9.0.2.3044 and I am trying to use the new stored procedure feature to consume web services. I created a procedure: ALTER PROCEDURE "DBA"."claims_tracking"() url 'https://some_site....' type 'HTTP:POST' certificate 'file=C:\cert1.cer' I know the certificate is valid because I received it from the people running the web service. I tried changing the certificate line to say 'certificate=pasted_key_here' rather than using the file. I keep getting a -990 The secure connection to the remote host...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 9.0.2 Consume Web Service - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Super Bowl special: Gorgeous 4K TV from Sony now under $800 on Amazon
Televisions inevitably get less expensive down the road after they launch, but this top-rated LED Smart TV from Sony is now less than half of ...

Cruz Laughs Off #Trumpertantrum: ‘Donald’s Insults Get More and More Hysterical’
Ted Cruz responded this afternoon to what is now being described as a “Trumpertantrum”–– Donald Trump accusing Cruz of cheating in Iowa and stealing ...

The hedge fund that blasted Yahoo’s $7 million holiday party isn’t buying Marissa Mayer’s rebuttal
During Tuesday's earnings call, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer took a moment to dispute some of the recent media reports about Yahoo's allegedly lavish ...

Midday open thread: More good news about Carter; case of sexually transmitted Zika virus in Texas
Join us here tonight at 6 PM PT for a live discussion of the town hall with Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. Today ’s comic by Matt Bors ...

Rick Santorum Leaves GOP Race But His Bigoted Legacy Will Remain
Despite winning the 2012 Iowa Republican caucuses, Rick Santorum managed to get just one percent of the vote in Monday’s contest and reportedly ...

Robert Durst Pleads Guilty on Gun Charges, So Now He Can Deal With Those Murder Issues
Real estate heir and unsettlingly-faced man Robert Durst has pleaded guilty in New Orleans to illegal possession of a firearm. He’ll serve 85 ...

Taylor Swift to Launch Her Own Mobile Game
Taylor Swift fans will soon see the gaming side of the megastar. Swift, best-selling artist and winner of seven Grammy Awards, will work exclusively ...

Vintage Military Plane Makes Belly Landing at Dallas Airport
A World War II-era military plane has made a belly landing at Dallas Executive Airport

UN chief urges North Korea to scrap rocket launch
United Nations (United States) (AFP) - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Wednesday urged North Korea to drop plans for a rocket launch that ...

Scion's would-be savior C-HR spied before its Toyota rebadging
Filed under: Spy Photos , Toyota , Crossover Toyota might debut the production version of the C-HR concept at the Geneva Motor Show, but these ...