SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with MS SQL Server

I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server
machine as Microsoft SQL server.  Is this possable.  What type of issues
should I expect.  Any information would be helpful.  TIA

Chris

0
Christopher

Christopher K. Taylor wrote:

> I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server
> machine as Microsoft SQL server.  Is this possable.  What type of issues
> should I expect.  Any information would be helpful.  TIA

Yes, you can run both of these environments on the same machine. The
only issues I can think of have to do with running command line
utilities, such as ISQL.exe. Depending upon which product occupies the
higher position in your PATH statement, you may encounter complications
when talking to one or the other of your databases.

Kathleen
0
Kathleen
2/19/2000 9:53:33 PM
This shouldn't be a problem.  I have run MS SQL Server 6.5, Sybase ASE
11.5 and SQL Anywhere at the same time on my server here at home.  Like
Kathleen said you do need to be careful of the utilities as they are
named similarly.  That naming problem was corrected in one of the ASA 6
builds I believe.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
eganjp

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with SQL Server 2000
I am having a problem starting a SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 engine on a Windows 2000 server already running Microsoft Server 2000. Does anyone know of any problems associated with running this configuration or why it isn't working. Perhaps you can clarify what specifically is happening? i.e., errors, specific behaviour, how you are starting the database, can it start if MS SQL Server is not running? -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy ...

Using SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with DBRemote 5.5.05 on the Same Windows 2000 Server
Is it possible to use SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with DBRemote 5.5.05 on the Same Windows 2000 Server? If so how do you upgrade just the DBRemote portion? Rich Edwards It's possible but I wouldn't suggest it. If you do want to do it, there are two options : 1) Read over the Client Application Deployment whitepaper (http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002363) and find out the minimum files required to run dbremote. Install the full 5505 software (with EBF just for good measure) on another machine and then copy over the required files to the machine running 5504 into a separate di...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and 5.5.05
I have several queries, all of which involve outer joins, that produce different results when run against SQL Anywhere versions 5.5.05 Build #2787 and 5.5.04 Build #1867. I realize the outer join syntax is awkward and it does produce an error when run against version 7 of SQL Anywhere. However, I didn't expect different results within version 5 releases. I'm going to have the queries reconstructed, but I'm looking for an explanation on what happened between those two releases. I have scoured the documentation and release notes for .04, .05, and even the 7.0 documentation....

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000
Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find any useful information about this ie known problems, processes etc. Thanks Chris wrote: > Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to > find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL > Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find > any useful information about this ie known problems, > processes etc. If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are yo...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.2
We are running SQLA5505 and now want to upgrade to ASA702. For we have several stored procedures that we were not able to unload and reload, we thought of doing the upgrading process slowly, step by step: 1st, running the old database file under dbeng7.exe, 2nd, upgrading the old database file to level 7, 3rd, reloading the database file to complete level 7 features. But at this point, there startet a discussion, what features we can use in what level, so my question is: What features of Sybase 7 can we use, if we do that stepts? What can we do with no uprading, what needs an upgrade,...

Converting SQL Anywhere 5 to MS SQL Server
Anyone got any tips on how to convert a single user SQL Anywhere 5.0 based app to use MS SQL Server. The original app was developed using PB 5.04 for deployment in a single user environment. I want to upgrade to a Network Server based installation and I am considering MS SQL Server as the backend DBMS. What is the latest version of MS SQL Server that I can use with PB 5.04, what kind of special multiuser database mgmt functionality should I consider etc. Best regards Jim email: jdoyle@coqui.net <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:9C37C3FBA09333640058...

Server-abend with SQL-Anywhere 5.5.05
Recently our Novell-server ( 5.0, servicepack 2 ) abended during a query generated with crystal reports. Do we need an update form Sybase? Do we have to update Novell with the last service-pack? We are using build 2509 of the dbsrv50.nlm. Here is the abend-log: ********************************************************* Server HEIMDIALYSE halted Friday, 18 August 2000 13.29.12 Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.00c: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000002) Registers: CS = 0008 DS = 0010 ES = 0010 FS = 0010 GS = 0010 SS = 0010 EAX = B89DEE9E EBX = 00000003 ECX = B033629...

Migrating from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to MS SQL 7.0
I have a large application written in Powerbuilder 6.5.1 using Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. I would like to change the database to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0. The app has the following : 300 datawindows / datastores Embedded SQL in about 100 events / functions. The Database has the following: 50 tables with indexes and foriegn keys NO stored procedures or triggers. I'm pretty sure I want to use ODBC and not native drivers. Question : If there a paper that will help me through this migration process. Hopefully I would not have to change any datawindows! I have already migra...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Help with SQL Server 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.x
Cheers: I'm working on PowerBuilder using a SQL Server 6.5 database, but sometimes I have to change to SQL Anywhere 5.3 because of it's portability, but all of the SQL instructions are created in upper case (in SQL Server), and SQL any... only recognizes this instructions in lower case, so I have to change the instructions everytime, because SQL Server does not recognize lower case either. I am trying to find about it working with DBParm, but I haven't found anything yet in the online help. Is there a way to solve this problem so I can work with both plattforms wit...

PB 8 and SQL Anywhere 5.5, SQL Server 7
Does anyone know if there any known issues for a PB 8.0 Enterprise application connecting to SQL Server 7.0? Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5? Thanks in advance. Michael A. Falcone iCorpsTechnologies, Inc. mfalcone@icorpstech.com ...

SQL Anywhere starting with 5.5.04EBF(1928), 5.5.05 (2365) work with Netware 5.1?
I realize versions of SQL Anywhere starting with 5.5.04EBF(1928), 5.5.05 (2365) will work on Netware 5. Will it still work with Netware version 5.1 as well? Thanks, Robert Yes. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO" <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:4A03EDD9063D386B006894B085256966.006894BF85256966@webforums.....

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with MS SQL Server - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Severe storms kill six in Southern U.S., snarl holiday traffic
(Reuters) - Severe storms unleashing tornadoes, heavy rain and hail across the southern and central United States left at least six people dead ...

Tracking Donald Trump's Rise in the Polls
Bloomberg Tracking Donald Trump's Rise in the Polls Bloomberg The Republican presidential candidate's controversial statements don't appear ...

Cruz blasts Washington Post cartoon depicting daughters
TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A Washington Post editorial cartoon depicting Ted Cruz's 5- and 7-year old daughters as monkeys is inappropriate, and the ...

Uber says will ask appeals court for stay in driver class-action
By Jim Christie SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Uber Technologies Inc said on Wednesday that it would ask the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals to ...

Facebook’s Free Internet Service In India Hits A Speedbump
Facebook launched free mobile Internet earlier this year in February through Internet.org, but it seems that India’s regulators are rather cautious ...

Brian Henson on The Muppet Christmas Carol and His Father’s Legacy
Brian Henson inherited the Muppets when his father Jim Henson passed away in 1990. He had barely taken the reins of the company when he directed ...

ITC Judge Rules That NVIDIA Infringed Upon Samsung’s Patents
While the whole Apple vs Samsung patent battle has somewhat died down, there is another legal battle that has been going on and this time it ...

Black Lives Matter Protesters Block Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, Angering Christmas Travelers
Black Lives Matter protesters shut down the airport in Minneapolis, disrupting travel on one of the busiest days of the year and angering scores ...

Steve Harvey’s Miss Universe Blunder Gets ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Treatment
It was only a matter of time. We may never know why Steve Harvey mistakenly named Miss Colombia the winner of Sunday’s Miss Universe pageant, ...

Officer Who Killed Transient Initially Said He Saw No Weapon
San Diego police officer who shot, killed transient initially said he didn't see weapon