SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0

Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade?  Can
I complete this upgrade without code changes?

0
Tad

It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is
described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6...

=====
ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide
  CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere
This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere
Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0.
=====

Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT
have to be changed at all. Except for some weird connection issues
most application code can run unchanged.

BTW, I *highly recommend* skipping over ASA 6 altogether and going
directly to SQL Anywhere Studio 7. If they ship the 7.0.0 CD then
immediately download the 7.0.1 upgrade from my.sybase.com.

The "Upgrading" chapter is even better..

=====
ASA Getting Started
  PART 1. Moving to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0
    CHAPTER 6 . Upgrading Version 5 Applications
The client/server communication protocol changed between SQL Anywhere
versions 5 and Adaptive Server Anywhere version 6. This chapter
provides upgrade instructions for those users upgrading from Version 5
to the Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 release.
This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere
Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0.
=====

Breck

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:40:27 -0600, "Tad Campbell"
<tcampbell@aztecsystems.com> wrote:

>Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade?  Can
>I complete this upgrade without code changes?

0
Breck

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.2
We are running SQLA5505 and now want to upgrade to ASA702. For we have several stored procedures that we were not able to unload and reload, we thought of doing the upgrading process slowly, step by step: 1st, running the old database file under dbeng7.exe, 2nd, upgrading the old database file to level 7, 3rd, reloading the database file to complete level 7 features. But at this point, there startet a discussion, what features we can use in what level, so my question is: What features of Sybase 7 can we use, if we do that stepts? What can we do with no uprading, what needs an upgrade,...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and 5.5.05
I have several queries, all of which involve outer joins, that produce different results when run against SQL Anywhere versions 5.5.05 Build #2787 and 5.5.04 Build #1867. I realize the outer join syntax is awkward and it does produce an error when run against version 7 of SQL Anywhere. However, I didn't expect different results within version 5 releases. I'm going to have the queries reconstructed, but I'm looking for an explanation on what happened between those two releases. I have scoured the documentation and release notes for .04, .05, and even the 7.0 documentation....

Linux EAServer 6 + unixODBC + SQL AnyWhere 5.5.0.5
Dear All, I have the following problem: I just wanted to create a webDW which retrieves data from an SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5 database. After deploying, I cannot see data on the webpage, and the EAServer log file shows the following line: [OdbcConnection] ODBCError: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002, Msg: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified. As I figured out ( hopefully in a good way ), I have to create a proper data source configuration in the odbc.ini file. My question is: How can I get a Linux driver for SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5? O...

Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m wondering if I�m doing something wrong. Thanks in advance. ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with SQL Server 2000
I am having a problem starting a SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 engine on a Windows 2000 server already running Microsoft Server 2000. Does anyone know of any problems associated with running this configuration or why it isn't working. Perhaps you can clarify what specifically is happening? i.e., errors, specific behaviour, how you are starting the database, can it start if MS SQL Server is not running? -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy ...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with MS SQL Server
I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server machine as Microsoft SQL server. Is this possable. What type of issues should I expect. Any information would be helpful. TIA Chris Christopher K. Taylor wrote: > > I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server > machine as Microsoft SQL server. Is this possable. What type of issues > should I expect. Any information would be helpful. TIA Yes, you can run both of these environments on the same machine. The only issues I can think of have to do with...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Novell 5.0
Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. There is an EBF that allows 5.5.04 to run in a NW 5 environment. Mark Black schrieb: > > Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a > client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. > When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.5 and VMWare
Are there any known issues with using SQL Anywhere on a Virtualised VMWare server, especially around replication processes ? We have a replication intensive db that our corporate IT dept want to virtualise onto a new server running VMWare. I need to know if there are any do's and don'ts that we should be aware of. Thanks in advance VMWare is not actually a support platform for ASA. Having said that, because VMWare is designed to be a virtual OS, we should still run within this environment. If there are problems that are encountered in a VMWare session, that cannot be r...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Netware 5.0
I understand that SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 as shipped will not work properly with Novell Netware 5.0. Has anyone heard whether Sybase intends to release a version update to resolve these problems such as version 5.5.05? Alternatively, is there a later build of version 5.5.04 which will resolve the problems? Yes, there is an EBF available through Tech Support that allows 5.5.04 to run on Netware 5. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ...

Novell 6 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.05
Hi there, have looked on the Sybase site but could not find the answer to this... does Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 latest ebf build work on Novell 6 ? Thanks No, see: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1023009 7.0.4 was first to support Novell 6: http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1002288,00.html Jill Pearson wrote: > Hi there, > > have looked on the Sybase site but could not find the answer to this... > > does Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 latest ebf build work on Novell 6 ? > > Thanks I have it running on a Netware 6 SP3 using the EBF for Ne...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Stocks drop, pulling S&P 500 into the red for the year
U.S. stocks veered lower on the last day of the year as the market headed for a sluggish end to 2015. The modest losses in early trading Thursday ...

‘Affluenza’ Mom Tonya Couch or Comedian Carrot Top? Twitter Wants to Know
When Tonya Couch , the mother of “Affluenza” teen Ethan Couch, was extradited to the United States on Thursday, social media noticed something ...

MarTech Today: Twitter’s Mac Client, Big Data To Win Back Users & What’s An Ad Network?
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

British Lawmaker Suspended for Sexting 17-Year-Old, Offering to 'Spank' Her
Welcome to Big Time Small-Time Dicks , a regular column on The Slot that explores local politicians, small-town scandals, and everything else ...

California Shooter's Friend Indicted on Gun, Terror Charges
Indictment of man tied to California shooters alleges weapons deception, terror conspiracy

5 New Year’s Resolution Suggestions for CEOs fhrom the Crisis Guy
So the New Year is upon us and it’s time to start jotting down a resolution or two. For those that sit in the hot seat, allow me to offer you ...

Record flooding shuts down I-55 near St. Louis
Chicago Tribune Record flooding shuts down I-55 near St. Louis Chicago Tribune An unusual outbreak of December tornadoes and other violent ...

Air Canada passengers' 40 minutes of turbulence on Shanghai to Toronto flight
CBC.ca Air Canada passengers' 40 minutes of turbulence on Shanghai to Toronto flight CBC.ca Air Canada passengers on a plane arriving in Toronto ...

Twitter didn't make its new Mac app
Twitter did not make its new and updated Mac app in-house, according to a tweet from a former employee and a report from The Verge . The new ...

Apple TV Brawl results: Apple solidly wins the 4K debate for now – and here’s why
Yesterday, we gave you the chance to speak your mind on Apple’s choice to omit 4K video support from the latest Apple TV — did Apple blow it, ...