SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Novell 5.0

Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0?  We have a
client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0.
When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console.

0
Mark

There is an EBF that allows 5.5.04 to run in a NW 5 environment.

Mark Black schrieb:

> Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0?  We have a
> client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0.
> When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console.
0
Uwe

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and Novell 5.0
Hello. When a NetWare 5.0 server attempts to load SQL Anywhere 5.5.04, the server goes down. I understand from an on-line Sybase solved case that SQL Anywhere did not support NetWare 5.0 until build #1928. Since I have build #1867, the older build is probably the problem. Can anyone tell me how to obtain SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 build #1928, hopefully free of charge? What is an alternative solution? Thank you. Ron Sochanski The only available download is SA 5.5.05. You will need to first download the maintenace release for to go to SA 5.5.05 and tehm apply the EBF 2817. P...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and Novell 5.0 #2
Hello. When a NetWare 5.0 server attempts to load SQL Anywhere 5.5.04, the server goes down. I understand from an on-line Sybase solved case that SQL Anywhere did not support NetWare 5.0 until build #1928. Since I have build #1867, the older build is probably the problem. Can anyone tell me how to obtain SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 build #1928, hopefully free of charge? What is an alternative solution? Thank you. Ron Sochanski Please disregard. This was posted in error. Please see new posting. Thank you. Ron Sochanski ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Novell Netware 5
Hello, Does any body know if SQL Anywhere 5.5 runs / is certified on the Novell Netware 5.0 OS ? Thanks, Juan Avila Since, Novell Netware 5.0 was recently released, we have not yet tested SQL Anywhere or Adaptive Server Anywhere. Currently we are awaiting the GA version of Netware 5.0. Once we have received it, the testing can commence. I would suggest holding off putting SA or ASA up, in a NW 5.0 production environment, until we have had a chance to test it. -- Bruce Milton Senior Technical Support Consultant Sybase Canada Inc. bmilton@sybase.com Juan C. Av...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.5 and VMWare
Are there any known issues with using SQL Anywhere on a Virtualised VMWare server, especially around replication processes ? We have a replication intensive db that our corporate IT dept want to virtualise onto a new server running VMWare. I need to know if there are any do's and don'ts that we should be aware of. Thanks in advance VMWare is not actually a support platform for ASA. Having said that, because VMWare is designed to be a virtual OS, we should still run within this environment. If there are problems that are encountered in a VMWare session, that cannot be r...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Netware 5.0
I understand that SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 as shipped will not work properly with Novell Netware 5.0. Has anyone heard whether Sybase intends to release a version update to resolve these problems such as version 5.5.05? Alternatively, is there a later build of version 5.5.04 which will resolve the problems? Yes, there is an EBF available through Tech Support that allows 5.5.04 to run on Netware 5. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and 5.5.05
I have several queries, all of which involve outer joins, that produce different results when run against SQL Anywhere versions 5.5.05 Build #2787 and 5.5.04 Build #1867. I realize the outer join syntax is awkward and it does produce an error when run against version 7 of SQL Anywhere. However, I didn't expect different results within version 5 releases. I'm going to have the queries reconstructed, but I'm looking for an explanation on what happened between those two releases. I have scoured the documentation and release notes for .04, .05, and even the 7.0 documentation....

Sql Anywhere 5.5.01 to 5.5.04
Hi everyone, I want to update my SQL anywhere 5.5.01 to a 5.5.04. I went to sybase internet address but I can not found anything. Somebody knows were to found it? Thanks ----------------------------------- Frederic MARGARIDO fred@radiosoft.org Go to http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email < ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and jConnect 5.5
Does jConnect 5.5 work with SQL Anywhere 5.5.04? I was just wondering since the Installation Guide for jConnect 5.5 states that Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.23 is required. If the two are incompatible, then what jConnect version will work with SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and where can it be downloaded? Thank you. Do this search in Google Groups: "SQL Anywhere 5" jconnect group:*.sqlanywhere.* Looks like you need to go through OSG, which is described in the Help: SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 4. Transact-SQL Compatibility CHAPTER 32. Using the Open Server Gateway ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0
Is anyone successfully running SQL Anywhere on NetWare 5.0? When I load SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 on my NetWare 5.0 server, it hangs. I turned in a bug over 2 months ago to Sybase documenting that SA 5.5.04 would abend NetWare 5.0 Beta 3, but since no patch was issued, I assumed it was a Beta problem. Now that I have installed the final release version of NetWare 5.0, SQL Anywhere hangs after initializing the available communication protocols. All other NLMs run just fine. I'm wondering if it is a problem with my specific hardware, or if it is a bug in SQL Anywhere. Thanks, Bren...

Pb 5.0 Desktop with sql anywhere 5.5
Hi, I am using pb 5.0 Desktop and i want know if sql anywhere 5.5 works with my development enviroment, or if dont work if there are any option (such ODBC drivers) to make work together. ...

Netware 5.0 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.04
I just tried to install SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 on a Netware 5.0 server and the database server locks up when alocating the buffers (I think it was 600 buffers of 512K). The server has 128MB RAM. My question is, is 5.5.04 compatible with Netware 5.0? Thanks, Greg I have since found a message that says that build 1964 is compatible with Netware 5.0, how do I get build 1964? Is that the build number for SQL Anywhere 5.5.05? Greg Greg Heiner wrote: > I just tried to install SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 on a Netware 5.0 server and > the database server locks up when alocating t...

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

memory violation using SQL Anywhere 5.0 / 5.5
I need some advise or help in producing a correct executable under Windows NT 4.0. I'm (still) working under SQL Anywhere 5.0, 5.5 respectively. My problem is the following: The SQLPP Preprocessor replaces my Embedded SQL Statement EXEC SQL CONNECT ... by the call dbpp_connect_40( (sqlcaptr), &__SQLV_messe_1, __SQLV_messe_2, __SQLV_messe_3, SQLNULL, SQLNULL, SQLNULL ); But the execution of this function aborts with the message The instruction at <adress> referenced memory at <adress>. The memory could not be read. At ...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Novell 5.0 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Protest Over Chicago Teen's Shooting Set for Retail District
Protest over Chicago teen's shooting by police officer set for city's famed shopping district

Raspberry Pi Zero: computing in smaller size, smaller price
Although development boards, like Beagle Board and Arduino, have been in existence far longer than it, the Raspberry Pi ushered in a revolution ...

Turkey's president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
Firstpost Turkey's president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed The Seattle Times President Vladimir Putin of Russia and his Turkish counterpart, ...

Parishioners offer to adopt baby left in manger
WRTV Indianapolis Parishioners offer to adopt baby left in manger WRTV Indianapolis NEW YORK Several members of a church in Queens, New York, ...

Serge Kovaleski, ‘New York Times’ Reporter With Arthrogryposis: ‘Donald And I Were On A First-Name Basis ...
Serge Kovaleski, the New York Times reporter who stated that he could not remember “anyone saying there were thousands, or even hundreds, of ...

Rebel Wilson Wishes Her Fans a Happy Pre-Thanksgiving!
Rebel Wilson is all smiles as she makes her way through Heathrow Airport on Wednesday (November 25) in London, England. The Pitch Perfect 2 ...

Smart home saviour: Man saves house from Australian bushfires with an app
As bushfires raged through South Australia, a man watched the flames approach his farm while he was 3,000km away, but not entirely helpless to ...

France to mourn Paris attack dead
France on Friday will mourn the 130 people killed in the November 13 Paris attacks, with President Francois Hollande leading a solemn ceremony ...

Pope presses case for adequate, dignified housing in Nairobi
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Pope Francis visited a slum on Nairobi's northwestern edge Friday to press his call for adequate and dignified housing ...

LG’s new $8.7 billion OLED plant may be anticipating new iPhones
After showing off a range of OLED TVs at this year's CES, LG reaffirmed its commitment to OLED technology again today — LG Display will spend ...