SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???

What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0?
Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA
6.0 or 7.0?
Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is
multiplatform?

Please, any help, I don't understand.

P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via
ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform?
0
Anonymous

> What is ASA?

Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old
SQL Anywhere

> Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0?

No. Last version was 5.5.

> Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA
> 6.0 or 7.0?

Yes. For 6.03 help file says: Version 6.0.3 software works with older
databases. There is no need to upgrade your database in order to continue
working with existing applications. There is no need to upgrade your database
in order to use many of the new features, including new SQL statements and
statement extensions.
If you wish to use new database options, you must upgrade your database. You
can upgrade a database using the Upgrade utility or the ALTER DATABASE
statement.
Version 6.0.0, 6.0.1, and 6.0.2 database servers do not support connections
from Version 6.0.3 clients that set the new UseUDP communication parameter to
OFF (ON is the default). Otherwise, Version 6.0.0, 6.0.1, and 6.0.2 database
servers support connections from Version 6.0.3 clients. Version  6.0.3 database
servers support connections from version 6.0.0, 6.0.1, or 6.0.2 client
applications.

--
http://www.moulin-noir.com

0