SQL Anywhere 12

Is SQL Anywhere 12 ready for primetime? If no, when is the
expected delivery date?
0
Herman

The SQL Anywhere 12 beta is currently open: http://www.sybase.com/innsbruckbeta

Registering for the beta will provide you the software to review and test. This includes
documentations and feature lists. SQL Anywhere 12 will be released later this year.

There is a Top 12 Cool New Features paper that is currently being developed. Information will be
provided to the beta about this paper.

--
Joshua Savill
Sybase Inc. - Product Manager

Herman Miller wrote:
> Is SQL Anywhere 12 ready for primetime? If no, when is the
> expected delivery date?
0
Josh

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

help document engine for SQL Anywhere 6/general information on Anywhere 6?
I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on this. Thanks, Mairi Reyer >I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it >be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? I haven't heard anything about that. >Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

SQL Anywhere 12.1
Hi, When is SQL Anywhere 12.1 scheduled for release? Thanks, Shao Shao, We are targeting Q1 2011. -- Josh Savill Sybase An SAP Company - Product Manager On 11/10/2010 8:34 AM, Shao Chan wrote: > Hi, > > When is SQL Anywhere 12.1 scheduled for release? > > Thanks, > > Shao > > Hi Josh. Good stuff. Thanks for that. Cheers, Shao "Josh Savill [Sybase An SAP Company]" <no_spam_jsavill_no_spam@sybase.com> wrote in message news:4cdabeef$1@forums-1-dub... > Shao, > > We are targeting Q1 201...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

SQL Anywhere 12 #2
What is the status of SQL Anywhere 12? There's alread a thread with the same topic in this newsgroup. Cited from there: The SQL Anywhere 12 beta is currently open: http://www.sybase.com/innsbruckbeta Registering for the beta will provide you the software to review and test. This includes documentations and feature lists. SQL Anywhere 12 will be released later this year. There is a Top 12 Cool New Features paper that is currently being developed. Information will be provided to the beta about this paper. There are some hints that SQLA 12 will available in the second ...

Upgrade from SQL Anywhere 9.02 to SQL Anywhere 10
Hello, This is my first question asked in this forum. I have been developed both Window and ASP.Net applications using Visual studio 2003 with C#.Net. It still uses .Net 1.1 with SQL Anywhere 9.02. Products need to be released for beta test very soon. I would like to use 'ClearPool' for database connection which I can remove a specific connection from .Net connection pool when I use the connection string as POOLING=TRUE. I cannot do this in .Net 1.1 and SQL Anywhere 9.02. I believe that this feature just added into .Net 2.0 and SQL Anywhere 10. I am using .Net Data ...

How to connect to SQL Anywhere 12
I just installed SQL Anywhere 12 (developper edition) on my Windows Vista 64 bit. I installed the 64 bit version. I tested the odbc (64 bit) and it works fine but when I run the application I get this error message: Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified... which I think I get because powerbuilder tries to connect using the 32 bit version. How can I tell powerbuilder to use the 64 bit driver instead of the 32 bit which is not installed? thanks Steph You have to use the 32 Bit SQL Anywhere version to connect localy. Arthur Steph wrote: &g...

Where is the SQL Anywhere General newsgroup?
Am I missing something, or has the SQLAnywhereGeneral newsgroup disappeared? Steve It's there, sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general on forums.sybase.com where it's always been. There was a long outage recently, and a rebuild of the server. Your newsgroup reader may be confused about things. FWIW Forte Agent had no problems other than walking *all* the messages on the first sync after the server came back. Breck On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:32:42 +0100, "Steve Moran" <spamyenot.steve@letyenotspam.silverlink.co.uk> wrote: >Am I missing something, or h...

Uninstalling SQL Anywhere 12
I installed SQL Anywhere 12 today on a Windwos 2008 (64bit) machine and the applied the ony EBF available. I realized I had to install 32bit components as well to use Visual Studio with this. I tried to run the setup again and got a error: "A later version of "SQL Anywhere 12" is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue". SO the only way to out was to uninstall the SQL Anywhere 12 from the machine. Then it gave the following error 1723:There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could n...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 12 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Make it so: Google made a working Star Trek Communicator badge
And you thought Google's ideas came from years of analysis, thoughtful design and just being way smarter than the rest of us. Nope. It seems ...

Black Friday Deals: Mondo, Gallery 1988 and Phone Booth Gallery
This Black Friday Deals craziness has gotten far too big to cover on this site, but I wanted to spotlight some of the pop culture screenprint ...

Euric Cain: Suspect Arrested In Connection With Med Student Shooting
New Orlean authorities arrested a suspect today in connection to a Friday night shooting that left medical student Peter Gold in critical condition. ...

What you need to know about the merger of Pfizer and Allergan
In the latest shake-up in the healthcare industry, pharmaceutical firms Pfizer Inc. and Botox-maker Allergan announced their $160-billion merger, ...

Mauricio Macri Asks for Patience After Winning Argentina Election
Wall Street Journal Mauricio Macri Asks for Patience After Winning Argentina Election Wall Street Journal BUENOS AIRES—The conservative mayor ...

The Walking Dead Recap: Use the Stairway, Dummy!
OKAY, I'm happy that I was RIGHT about a certain character surviving, but after the jump, I'm gonna lose my GOT-DAMNED MIND over how it was done! ...

Square rolls out its new Apple Pay reader
You can now start using Apple Pay at independent shops across the country, if they are set up with Square’s newest device. On Monday, Square ...

Canada's Syrian refugee plan will keep out single men
Canada to refugees: Women and children only Single Syrian men seeking asylum will be out of luck when the Canadian government announces its ...

Watch: Russian Airstrike Video Shows ISIS Fighters Run Scared — Only 34 ISIS Bases Left, Reports Claim ...
Russian airstrikes against ISIS over the past week have dramatically turned the tide in the fight against the terrorist organization on its home ...

Thank you, 'Game of Thrones,' for coming clean about Jon Snow
To: David Benioff and Dan Weiss, Game of Thrones showrunners From: Your loyal, disgruntled audience Dear David, Dan, and the whole HBO team, ...