SQL Anywhere 11.0.0 Database mirroring...Can we run arbiter server on mirror servers?

We plan to upgrade our SQL Anywhere from version 10.0.1.3694 to the latest
version 11. Would it be possible for us to setup the database mirroring
system using two servers? We would like to use our application server as
primary server and use our reporting server as mirror server and arbiter
server...Is this possible? Are they any benefit of setting up database
mirroring this way? Thank in advance for you advise.

Best regards,

Rachan Terrell

0
Rachan

By running the arbiter on the same machine as one of the other two servers
(say M2), you lose the ability for the database server on the other machine
(M1) to automatically take ownership of the database if  the machine (M2)
running the arbiter becomes unavailable. If high availability is your goal,
this is not a good configuration.

Keep in mind that the arbiter requires very few resources, so it can run on
any machine in the network.

SQL Anywhere Developer Community:
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
SQL Anywhere Blog Center: http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs

"Rachan Terrell" <web24by7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We plan to upgrade our SQL Anywhere from version 10.0.1.3694 to the latest
> version 11. Would it be possible for us to setup the database mirroring
> system using two servers? We would like to use our application server as
> primary server and use our reporting server as mirror server and arbiter
> server...Is this possible? Are they any benefit of setting up database
> mirroring this way? Thank in advance for you advise.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Rachan Terrell

0
Bruce
12/17/2008 7:58:28 PM
Dear Bruce,

Thank you very much for you advice. You have a good point here regarding to
high availability.

Best regards,
Rachan Terrell

"Bruce Hay [Sybase]" <h_a_y~a_t~i_a_n_y_w_h_e_r_e~d_o_t~c_o_m> wrote in
message news:494959e4$1@forums-1-dub...
> By running the arbiter on the same machine as one of the other two servers
> (say M2), you lose the ability for the database server on the other
> machine (M1) to automatically take ownership of the database if  the
> machine (M2) running the arbiter becomes unavailable. If high availability
> is your goal, this is not a good configuration.
>
> Keep in mind that the arbiter requires very few resources, so it can run
> on any machine in the network.
>
> SQL Anywhere Developer Community:
> http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
> SQL Anywhere Blog Center: http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs
>
> "Rachan Terrell" <web24by7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> We plan to upgrade our SQL Anywhere from version 10.0.1.3694 to the
>> latest version 11. Would it be possible for us to setup the database
>> mirroring system using two servers? We would like to use our application
>> server as primary server and use our reporting server as mirror server
>> and arbiter server...Is this possible? Are they any benefit of setting up
>> database mirroring this way? Thank in advance for you advise.
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Rachan Terrell

0
Rachan

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 11.0.0 Database mirroring...Can we run arbiter server on mirror servers? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Disk mirroring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In data storage , disk mirroring is the replication of logical disk volumes onto separate physical hard disks in real time to ensure continuous ...

Hands on: Chromecast Android screen mirroring
With the ability to mirror any Android app on your television, Google's Chromecast just became a whole lot more useful.

Firefox for Android updated w/ Chromecast mirroring support, design refresh, more
... received a major update this evening, bumping the app to version 34 and adding a handful of new features. Firstly, the update adds mirroring ...

OS X 10.9.2 breaks Airplay mirroring and desktop extensions to external monitors for some users
A number of Mac users in an Apple Support Communities thread are reporting that Appleā€™s 10.9.2 update to Mavericks has broken Airplay mirroring ...

TI Demos OMAP5 WiFi Display Mirroring on Development Platform
... Display functionality they had only just recently finalized working on their OMAP 5 development platform. The demo showed WiFi Display mirroring ...

Upcoming AllCast update will allow Android to Chrome mirroring on nearly any device
AllCast will soon offer the ability to mirror your Android screen to Chrome, regardless of what Android device you are using.

CyanogenMod AirPlay mirroring demoed
... a few neat video Chromecast-related tricks before, but his latest video takes things a step further. Today he's demonstrated an AirPlay mirroring ...

Lenovo Announces The Lenovo Cast, A $49 Miracast-Based Android To TV Screen Mirroring Puck
Lenovo has taken the opportunity at its Tech World 2015 conference to announce the Lenovo Cast, a new accessory that aims to mirror your Android ...

AirPlay Mirroring Comes To Mountain Lion
It was announced at WWDC today that AirPlay is coming to Mac, without hacks. AirPlay Mirroring is no longer for your iDevice only. Today, Apple ...

How to use AirPlay Mirroring
Apple posted a support document on how to setup AirPlay Mirroring.