Speed of 5.5.02

Has anybody noticed a performance degradation after moving to 5.5.02
from 5.5.01 of SQLA. On a NT3.51 server.

Our version is build #1495, is this the one with all fixes? or is there
a later version?

Getting a lot of ear-bashing from users, any help appreciated.
Thanks.
0
Carl

--------------39BAFA14734C3F94BD216A74

Carl-

No I havent noticed a performance loss.  Can you explain more??  As
well, build #1513 is the most up to date I know of.  This is provided by
the 5.5.02 ebf1 release.  Contact tech support to get the EBF.

Dave Wolf
Sybase Professional Services

Carl Chapman wrote:

> Has anybody noticed a performance degradation after moving to 5.5.02
> from 5.5.01 of SQLA. On a NT3.51 server.
>
> Our version is build #1495, is this the one with all fixes? or is
> there
> a later version?
>
> Getting a lot of ear-bashing from users, any help appreciated.
> Thanks.

--------------39BAFA14734C3F94BD216A74

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Wolf
n:              Wolf;David
org:            Sybase Professional Services
adr:            6550 Rock Spring Drive Suite 800;;;Bethesda;MD;20855;USA
email;internet: dwolf@sybase.com
title:          Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------39BAFA14734C3F94BD216A74--

0
David

server 5.5.03 to standalone 5.5.02
Is there any problem with upgrading the SQLA server to version 5.5.03 and leaving the remotes at 5.5.02? There are some bug fixes in 5.5.03 that I'd like to get onto my system, but not at the expense of messing up replication. When ever doing an upgrade of this sort and especially on a production replication system, make sure that you test all aspects on a test system. Because your replication system could be different from another system. Make sure that you test everything, even extratraction and synchronization, because you don't want to find out later that you have br...

SQLAnywhere 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05
Hello! I have recieved message from "owner-inews-tech-sqlanywhere@sybase.com" with Subject "Delphi users". Where can I obtain new ebf(s)? I found only 5.5.03 in the Software library. (http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html) ==== Subject: Bug Fix / Enhancement (PTrack 479443) - .... Summary: Delphi can't insert Blobs > 32k - SQLBindParameter only inserted the first 32k of a given buffer. Versions affected: 5.5.x Versions fixed: 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05 P4 change number: 52135, 52298 Modules affected: wod50 .... === You'll have to contact Tech ...

5.5.04 replication 4-5 times slower than 5.5.02????
In an effort to fix the bouncing delete issue, we moved from 5.5.02 to 5.5.04. Since that time, DBRemote requires about 20 hours to process 200-300 MB of messages. Prior to the move, it would complete execution in 5-6 hours. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks, Tom Jenkins ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Speed of 5.5.02 #2
Has anybody noticed a performance degradation after moving to 5.5.02 from 5.5.01 of SQLA. On a NT3.51 server. Our version is build #1495, is this the one with all fixes? or is there a later version? Hi I have noticed a performance degradation after upgrading a 5.0 version to a 5.5 version. I was quite surprised, that a normal 5.5 version instellation works perfectly. In my opinion that SQL Anywhere cannot patch correctly. Sincerly Walter Meerwein Carl Chapman wrote: > Has anybody noticed a performance degradation after moving to 5.5.02 > from 5.5.01 of SQLA. On...

Webaccess 5.5 to 6.5 Speed
Has anyone seen an increase in speed of Webaccess after upgrading from 5.5 to 6.5 over dial up? Our 5.5. webaccess is too slow and unfortunately recommendations from the TID's didn't help. We are looking to upgrade our mail system and I want to get feedback Thanks in advance. Chris Chris wrote: > > Has anyone seen an increase in speed of Webaccess after upgrading from 5.5 > to 6.5 over dial up? Our 5.5. webaccess is too slow and unfortunately > recommendations from the TID's didn't help. We are looking to upgrade our > mail s...

SQLAnywhere 5.5.02+ to Adaptive server
Hi, We are planning to move our Consolidated SQLAw 5.5.02 w/ebf1 (currently) server to adaptive server 11.5. Is this the correct forum to ask questions on? Please reply via e-mail in addition to posting a reply. Until I find the correct group, I may not check this group frequently. Thanks, Tom Jenkins TomJenkins@worldnet.att.net ...

DBServer does not start, SQLAnywhere 5.5.02
We have a Windows 2000 Server on which a SQL Anywhere DBServer-Service is installed. It starts automatically when the Server is starting. The parameters for the DBServer include -xTCPIP. We have installed a test-net with one client and everything works. We have configured an access via ODBC to the database as well on the server for programs (configured as services) that update the database, as on the client. When we insert the server into the net of our customer, the DBServer-service does not start, only if we remove the -xTCPIP parameter. An access to the DBServer on the server...

starting tcpip on sqlanywhere 5.5.02
on a novell 4.11 server i am trying to start sqlanywhere 5.502 with tcpip the command is : load dbsrv50 -x tcpip pathtodatabase and I receive an error " unable to start - Unable to initialize requested communication links" IPX works fine but tcp will not start. Under case id 41030779 it identified the problem being that the port (defualt 1498) is being used by another process. I double checked that the port is available. I even tried starting dbsrv50 with another port (port=1500) and I receive the same error message. Any thoughts or suggestion on resolving th...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith I already answered this in the general newsgroup. Please do not cross post. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX I only crossed posted because this group has al...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith SQL Anywhere does not support SMP, ASA does but not on Novell. But, it won't hurt to add another processor. The OS will continue to use one and SQL Anywhe...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

5.5.03 OR 5.5.04 ?
I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database (created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if this is 'correct' behaviour? Many thanks in advance -- MAX HUGEN Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd Email: maxhugen@ozemail.com.au Tel: +612 9560 3061 Fax: +612 9564 5073 >I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database >(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. >As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could...

Web resources about - Speed of 5.5.02 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

An Incomplete Catalog of Donald Trump's Never-Ending Fabrications
There's a legal term applied to advertising called "puffery." For example, if Coca-Cola says that Coke is the best tasting soda in the world, ...

Worldwide travel alert issued by State Department over terror threats
New York Daily News Worldwide travel alert issued by State Department over terror threats New York Daily News Travel at your own risk. Just ...

At least 5 people shot at Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis
At least five people have been shot near a Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis on Monday night. The protest was spurred by the death of ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Spoilers: Mark Hamill Reveals Gigantic Reason For Growing Out His Beard ...
It was confirmed that Mark Hamill would be returning to the world of Star Wars along with Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. That much is known, ...

Suspect dead after shooting kills 3 in Ohio, injures 4th
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Columbus police said they are trying to determine why a man fatally shot a couple and their 7-year-old son and critically ...

Sources: Apple to launch Apple Pay in China by February, has inked deals with country's big four state-run ...
Wall Street Journal : Sources: Apple to launch Apple Pay in China by February, has inked deals with country's big four state-run banks to support ...

ACLU sues Indiana governor over refusal to resettle Syrian refugees
Pence is one of more than 25 U.S. governors, mostly Republicans, who have publicly called on President Barack Obama to stop resettling Syrian ...

FAA publishes drone registration recommendations: You must be 13 to enter
The Federal Aviation Administration has released a task force’s recommendations for setting up a registration system for recreational drones ...

Futurama is coming back as a mobile game
After being canceled, resurrected, and canceled again, Futurama is coming back — this time as a mobile game. Matt Groening's sci-fi cartoon universe ...

Windows 10’s fall update is deleting certain apps without asking
Windows 10 is possibly making unwanted changes to your gaming rig. Microsoft’s first big update for its operating-system-as-a-service is deleting ...