Soap client, what namespace to use

I experimented with soap using the Babelfish service, that worked fine. Now
I need to use another webservice but now the WSDL doesn't state the
namespace to use. So in soap:body there is no namespace=. The only thing
there is use="literal".

Now I get 500 Internal Server Error. And I think it is because I don't use a
namespace (because with Babelfish I did get the same error when not using
namespace).

create function GetHRWOrders (in subcontractorName long varchar, in password
long varchar)
returns long varchar
url 'http://test.blablabla/Service.asmx'
type 'SOAP:DOC'

for Babelfish I used:

create function BabelFish (translationmode long varchar, sourcedata long
varchar)
returns long varchar
url 'http://services.xmethods.net:80/perl/soaplite.cgi'
type 'SOAP:RPC'
namespace 'urn:xmethodsBabelFish'

Majodi

0
Majodi

Majodi,

Could you post the WSDL for the service?

--
Kurt Lichtner
Research & Development, Core Server

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Majodi Ploegmakers" <mploegmakers_at_inforit_dot_nl> wrote in message
>I experimented with soap using the Babelfish service, that worked fine. Now
>I need to use another webservice but now the WSDL doesn't state the
>namespace to use. So in soap:body there is no namespace=. The only thing
>there is use="literal".
>
> Now I get 500 Internal Server Error. And I think it is because I don't use
> a namespace (because with Babelfish I did get the same error when not
> using namespace).
>
> create function GetHRWOrders (in subcontractorName long varchar, in
> password long varchar)
> returns long varchar
> url 'http://test.blablabla/Service.asmx'
> type 'SOAP:DOC'
>
> for Babelfish I used:
>
> create function BabelFish (translationmode long varchar, sourcedata long
> varchar)
> returns long varchar
> url 'http://services.xmethods.net:80/perl/soaplite.cgi'
> type 'SOAP:RPC'
> namespace 'urn:xmethodsBabelFish'
>
> Majodi

0
Kurt

SOAP Client Example Using D7
I'm currently trying to write a SOAP client (never have before) to Cisco's WebDialer service. I first started with a Weather Service SOAP example I found on the web using the HTTPRIO component - all works fine. I then created a test app using the WSDL import tool in delphi for the Cisco XML service. That seems to have gone fine also. But when I try to make a SOAP call I get an OUT of Memory error. I'm sure I have not setup something properly. Does anything jump to light from this code snip: implementation uses WD70 ; {$R *.dfm} procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var Cisco:WDSoapInterface; MyCreds: Credential; UP: UserProfile ; CallRes: CallResponse; begin MyCreds.userID :='12345'; MyCreds.password := 'passtest'; UP.user := MyCreds.userID ; UP.deviceName := 'SEP00F44'; UP.lineNumber :='0'; UP.supportEM := True; UP.locale := 'English'; UP.dontAutoClose := True; UP.dontShowCallConf := True; try Begin Cisco := HTTPRIO as WDSoapInterface; CallRes:= Cisco.makeCallSoap(MyCreds,'5551212',UP); Memo1.Lines.Add(CallRes.responseDescription); end; finally CallRes.Free; end; end; Martin Zinaich wrote: > I'm currently trying to write a SOAP client (never have before) to Cisco's WebDialer service. I first started with a Weather Service SOAP example I found on t...

Web Service Namespace and URN used by client
I'm a web service newbie.  I have created a web service in asp.net, have deployed it to a remote server and am able to call it from a .net client and all is fine. I have a two part question.  I'll take any help or advice I can get!  thanks. What do I enter in the web service namespace?  <System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace := "http://tempuri.org/Mainframe/Service1")> _ I'm not sure if the Namespace is related to my other problem, but I have a client trying to use my webservice from CICS web services (CICS transacti...

Client:Soap client is not initialized
I am using the followin code: <code>Dim objSoap objSoap = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30") objSoap.connectorproperty("AuthUser") = "fred" objSoap.connectorproperty("AuthPassword") = "barney" objSoap.mssoapinit("http://ws1.smartinfo.ca/Chap18Service/calculator.asmx?WSDL") lblMessage.Text = objSoap.add(8, 9) objSoap = Nothing</code>To figure out how to use simple credentials for secured web services (Yes it is very simple... I am learning).I keep getting an error:Client:Soap client is not initializedAny Idea what is causing it and/or how to make this code work?Th...

using a namespace in another namespace?
Is it possible to "use" a namespace in another namespace. Let's assume that I have Namespace1 (which has Class1 and Function1) and Namespace2 (which has Class2 and Function2). Now, I have both of these in seperate .cs files and I've compiled them by hand using the Command Prompt (I'm not using VS.NET). So, now I want to rewrite Namespace1 so that it "uses" Namespace2 (while still keeping it in a different .cs file) This is what I would want Namespace1 to look like.. namespace1.cs file namespace Namespace1 { // when I compile the file with this usi...

Using DirectoryServices namespace on multiple domain controllers from ASP.NET clients
More of an architectural question really, but relates to using code in the DirectoryServices .NET namespace, when called via ASP.NET I know that we can use server binding using code like this:  DirectoryEntry GetDirectoryEntry(string str) { DirectoryEntry de = new DirectoryEntry(); de.AuthenticationType = (AuthenticationTypes.Secure | AuthenticationTypes.FastBind | AuthenticationTypes.ServerBind); de.Path = str; return de; } We have a web page that reads and saves data via DirectoryServices namespace and DirectoryEntry objects.  If you do not use the "ServerBind&quo...

General Question on using web services as THE data provider for client-server interaction
Hello there, I have a general question on the provider model provided within ATLAS.  It looks like we must use web services as the way to populate controls on the client side (asyncronously), as opposed to libraries like Ajax.NET, which concentrate only on the client-server communication but let us invoke code-behind methods as Ajex.NET methods and then return those results asyncronously. I just wanted to verify that my assumptions are correct here, and just ask why this method is the one method for doing this (although it looks like you can use UpdatePanel controls around server-side...

Problem with parsing SOAP security element using older namespace in WSE 2
Hi all,           I am implementing a web service server to accept SOAP messages from my client and send a SOAP response back. Actually I am using .NET's WSE-2 for receiving and sending SOAP messages. The message I get from my client  has a "security" element with "username" and "password" fields which I got to authenticate. Actually the namespace associated with "security" element my client is using is "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/06/secext". WSE-2 supports Oasis version of Security and namespace associated with it is "http://docs.oa...

Client Options not used by Windows Client
Hallo, with consoleOne configured Client settings at PO Level are ignored by Windows Clients When does the Windows GroupWise Clients get central configured Settings? GW7 on OES/Linux Gordon, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://su...

new ifolder clients not connecting to server using client
Hi, We have an OES SP2 server running iFolder. Clients that have been installed in the past can connect without any problem. When we install new clients from the website, these clients cannot connect. They receive the message: "An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again". When I look at the simias.log file on the ifolder server it says authentication is succesful ? 2009-11-10 11:53:17,339 [-1224164448] INFO Simias.Server.Authentication - Authenticated User iS : f7889600-402a-11dc-add7-005056950...

If Tbird could use SpamBayes as filter, I would use it as email client
Name: Peter Email: liep54_at_yahoo.com Product: Thunderbird Summary: If Tbird could use SpamBayes as filter, I would use it as email client Comments: I like SpamBayes better for eliminating spam than the native Mozilla product (sorry, guys, but my wife had been using it, and it just didn't do the job. SpamBayes discriminates better. ) Maybe you should just integrate it? In Kmail, (or outlook, outlook express) you can set up spambayes as a filter for emails, as one of the options of 'what to do when' some email criteria is met, or a button is selected. I ha...

Can login using GW client but not using webaccess
System: webaccess 5.5 Sympton: new users can�t login in webaccess Can login using GW client. IN webAccess console diagnostic mode you see Login Failed: Mailbox for user maro1 has no password Login reject: Password is incorrect Login failed: maro1 I set the password and syncronized and problem persist. I validated the database no erros Looks the GW database is diferent from webaccess database and they are not in sync Please help me. I have a bunch of angry users in my shoulders Marco > System: webaccess 5.5 > > Sympton: new users can�t login in w...

ASP.net Soap client for VSE (CICS) soap service
Does anybody out there have any experience or success with consuming a VSE (CICS) web service from a ASP.net client? I'm trying to get an ASP.net application to call into a VSE web service and return some data.  We are running both the ASP.net and CICS systems in our environment.    I'm able to successfully expose the web service and its methods in ASP.net using a .WSDL generator supplied by a CICS tool.  This CICS tool also writes the SOAPWRAP program that does all the Soap XML translations. My ASP.net application does 'see' the web service via my Web ...

Client SQLANYWHERE
How can i make a connection with a client and a server database with sqlanywhere regards ...

SOAP Client
How do I get a Web Service reply in XML format instead of text/string? In this case, our CICS system (VSE) is the Web service and the client is ASP.Net.  CICS has a tool that generates the WSDL file that is used by my .NET application.   Everything is working, but the methods are returning the answer in string format.  Are there changes I can make to the .WSDL file to have the SOAP programs leave it in XML.  All the SOAP headers/processing is handled internally within CICS.   It sounds like SOAP programs convert it to XML for their processing anyway;...

Use of Categories | General "Real" World Uses
I've been using the Firebird extension of the Mozilla Calendar and I like it better than my use of Outlook 2000 in terms of layout and open standard file format. Much thanks to the people who keep this project moving forward. I read somewhere in bugzilla (on the topic of Categories) that the first priority was to get Category functionality working, and then MAYBE think about implementing the ability to assign multiple categories to a single task/appointment/et cetera (whatever the proper nomenclature is for dated items input by the user and acted upon as an "object&qu...

using namespace
Is there anyway I can do a using namespace for a particular loop like in c++; ( for functions not exported ) FOr eg in a perl script use Some::Module ..... { using namespace Some::Module; # Is this possible ? someFuntion1(); # Instead of Some::Module::someFunction1() someFunction2(); # Instead of Some::Module::someFunction2() } ---------------------------------------- Thanks Ram see perldoc -f import perldoc -f use and what happens when you use Some::Module (qw/somefunction1 somefunction2/) ; Manav |-----Original M...

why using soap header to pass user credential not soap body?
Hello List, I saw a lot of articles talking about using soap header to pass user credential (user name and password).  My question is why I have to create a custome soap header to pass user credential instead of passing username/password as two parameters to web method call directly. For example, I have the following web method call, [WebMethod()] public account GetAccountInfo(string username, string password, string AccountID) { ... } It is easier than create a custome soap header and pass user credential through soap header Did I missing something here?   Thanks in ad...

What generals generally do
Reading a McChrystal thread elsewhere, I came across someone quoting a US general http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler > I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and > during that period I spent most of my time as a high class thug for > Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a > racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and > especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped > make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to > collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central > American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify > Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in > 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American > sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the > American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it > that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I > might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to > operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three > continents.[12] > Well, I wish the current generals would admit 1/1000 that much! -- Igor > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler > >> I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and >> during that period I s...

general use
Name: Taber Email: kwtaberathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: general use Comments: too click happy. too many button operations to use easily. Now I have to ask how to delete it from my machine as there is no uninstall button on the bar Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

how to use your own namespace
I have created a namespace "DataControls" in which I have a class "DataCalender" But while I debug it ,shows an error "Could not load file or assembly 'DataCalender' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified" in the second line where I have written "<%@ Register Namespace="DataControls" Assembly="DataCalender" TagPrefix="dc" %>" Is your class in DataCalendar assembly (DLL)? I think it's just a name of the class, but assembly name is different.My last project - .NET Tip of ...

How do you force SOAP::Lite to use document/literal SOAP messages?
------=_Part_3018_2235923.1125675098089 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline I am trying to write a simple SOAP client written in perl and to talk to a= =20 webservice written in .NET. I am unsuccessful. I believe the web service is= =20 expecting document/literal SOAP messages but I think the SOAP::Lite module= =20 sends stuff in RPC/encoded messages. Is there any way of telling? Or, even better, is there a way to force the= =20 SOAP::Lite module to use document/literal messaging? Since everyone ...

Using VPN client then netware client to access file server
Hi, I have one customer site functioning well. Using Cisco VPN client then login via 4.83 sp2 client. Now when attempting to use above method I receive Tree not found. We have 5.x servers. I don't really understand the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? Any comments or suggestions or pointing to documentation would be greatly appreciated. Bruce Childers St OR 503-373-1993x244 bruce.childers@state.or.us > I don't really understand > the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? SAP is IPX. ARP is NetBIOS. NetWare uses SLP (mainly) as well as Host...

using namespace
Now that we have unified builds, writing "using namespace" in the global scope of a .cpp file is almost as bad as writing it in a header. Regularly build errors show up like this one: https://tbpl.mozilla.org/php/getParsedLog.php?id=40010766&tree=Try What's awesome about these errors is that they typically show up on some platform but not the others and they come and go as we add files or do things that can alter the generation of the unified .cpp files. So, I strongly encourage everyone to stop using "using namespace". If you really really want to use t...

Using Jaguar Server without using the host file on the client
Hi, Help! I need an example of connecting to Jaguar Server (with Power Builder) from the clients machine without using the clients host file. I want to connect using the Jaguar Driver via DNS or possibly an IP address using IIOP. The DNS method seems to initially connect, but gets an error (Error 50 Distributed service error) instantiating a proxy object. The Winsock driver method seems to support a lookup using an IP address, but I don't think we can use it to connect to the Jaguar server. Using an IP address fails on the Jaguar Driver, possibly because its trying to do a ...

Web resources about - Soap client, what namespace to use - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Namespace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Namespaces provide a level of indirection to specific identifiers, thus making it possible to distinguish between identifiers with the same exact ...

Wikipedia:Help namespace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Help namespace is a namespace consisting of Wikipedia pages whose titles begin with the prefix Help: , such as Help:Link . These pages contain ...

ICANN seeks to tackle DNS namespace collision risks
As the number of top-level domains undergoes explosive growth, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is studying ways ...

OS X Lion: Guidelines for connecting to a DFS namespace via SMB
Ensure that the following guidelines are followed when connecting to a DFS namespace via SMB in OS X Lion.

Facebook's Namespace Land Grab? Or Maybe…It's Just Useful
Much buzz over the past few days about Facebook’s plans to let folks (and, ahem, brands) claim their namespaces on Facebook. IE, Starting this ...

A Modest Namespace Proposal
... contributed code - things like RSS.NET, sharpziplib, ftp classes to tide us over 'til .NET 2.0, etc. But one thing that bothers me is the namespaces. ...

Global Namespace for People (Part 2)
Yesterday, I started a short series of posts on the global namespace for consumer web services. My quick and highly unscientific survey of readers ...

Netflix namespace problem · Issue #34 · balloob/pychromecast · GitHub
pychromecast - Library for Python 2 and 3 to communicate with the Google Chromecast.

Adding Namespaces To Ruby
... about how close I can get Ruby to look like Clojure in size and style. Recently, what has bothered me most has been how you define a namespace ...

PHP 5.6 features built-in debugger, better namespace support
PHP, the venerable scripting language for server-side Web development, has been upgraded in a point release highlighted by a new debugger.