Service Protocols

I am attempting to rectify a problem with a Sybase SQL Anywhere v5.5.04
Network Server.

The Server has the following parameters:

==========================
-n ServiceName
-c 128M
-tl 600
(Database file location)
==========================

No protocol is specified.  The Service starts and informs me that the
following have started successfully.
NAMEDPIPES
NETBIOS
IPX
TCPIP
NETDG

Generally, the service can be connected to via DBCLIENT.EXE without
specifying the protocol.
No problem here.
However, on occasions, when the service is stopped and restarted, we are
unable to process the following RUN command:

dbclient ServiceName

Message given is unable to connect.

I have also experienced a problem when setting the DBCLIENT to use IPX.
Same message given as above.  (IPX is installed both Server and Client
Side).

I suspect this is a Network specific problem and not necessarilt related to
SQLAnywhere itself.
Has anyone experienced problems like this?

Regards
Murray White

0
Murray

I have been using TCP/IP almost exclusively for the past 3 years.  I
haven't had a problem like what you describe.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

--
---
Ron Sorrell

Contact Technical Support & Sales at
mailto:helpdesk@sceptreabs.com
http://www.sceptreabs.com
(800) 232-8457
Support Hours 900 - 2100 EDT

0
Ron

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request-->General network error.
hi,I am facing one problem while reteriving data from database using webservices:System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --> General network error. Check your network documentation. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) I get this error only on one page of my application.Sometime it works fine for that page doesn't show a...

What generals generally do

'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll
HI, I am trying to call a webservice that is running at another server and the webservice accesses data from the database on the same server. I have checked the database permissions and stuff, but I am getting this error.. I am not sure why the user name is displayed as 'null' ???? An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll Additional information: Server was unable to process request. --> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. You're accesing a S...

Service location protocol
Hello, I have eD tree with Netware 6.0 cluster and separate OES1 Linux box. I am about to add another two OES2Linux servers and Netware machines will be decommisioned after some time. How shall I manage SLP protocol? There is a scope called MOUSCOPE and files: SYS:ETC/slp.cfg on Netware is all commented, /etc/slp.conf on OES1 Linux is: net.slp.DAAddresses = 172.16.0.32 //oes1 box net.slp.useScopes = MOUSCOPE net.slp.isBroadcastOnly = false net.slp.isDA = true net.slp.interfaces = 172.16.0.32 So, shall I point new servers to OES1 box as Directory Agent? (I can also post a...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

SQLAnywhere fails from service
I have an NT service that tries to connect to a SQLAnywhere v5.0.2 database that is local. It fails with a "[Sybase][ODBC Driver]: db_init() failed" -- anybody know why this is? The service is logging in as a user with Administrative rights and the ODBC data source is a System DSN. Thanks, John Hmmm, I assume that the database is already created and it is also started as an NT service. Besides checking the command line parameters you might look at the dependencies for the service that is failing. It should be dependent on the database engine and start after ...

Starting SQLAnywhere as a service
I can't seem to start SQLA.. as a service. If I fire it up by hand everything is fine, when I try to start it as a service, it does not start, and if I try to start it from the services utility of NT, I get a error 1058 and a message that says that it has been disabled, but of course it is marked as auto. Any ideas? Mick ...

Starting SQLAnywhere as a service
I can start the engine, server, and client as services and they run fine. But if I add DBREMOTE to the mix I invariably get an error because NT tries to run DBREMOTE before the engine. Sybase Central allows me to indicate that the DBENG50 should be run before DBREMOTE to get around this. My problem is that I don't want to ship Sybase Central with the product. I would rather just have the installation program make the appropriate registry entries itself. Does anybody know what registry entries need to be made? Thanks Richard Speiss In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTE...

Failure of general service
Name: Shutup Man Email: RottendotLollipopatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Failure of general service Comments: FireFox constantly and consistantly freezes upon booting, it takes about 3 minutes before FireFox is useable; I am running OSX 10.5 Even Opera works better than firefox at this juncture. This is a total failur on the design and testing teams Not impressed Mozilla is still th leading producer of crap it seems Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042315 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

IdP discovery service protocol
Dear gurus, Is the alternative for IdP discovery service protocol supported by NAM3.1? The protocol is specified here: [http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-idp-discovery.html] We cannot use common domain cookie since our partners obviously has different domains; I know that the common domain cookie approach is already supported by NAM through "Use Introductions (Publish Authentications)". Thanks in advance, Annon -- anonaye2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anonaye2, It appears that ...

Running SQLAnywhere *from* a System Service
I am trying to open an ODBC Data Source from within a System Service (using SQLAnywhere). I created a System Data Source and it works fine when opening it from a normal application. But when my System Service tries to open the database, I get "Driver's SQLAllocEnv failed". I get the same problem when I run SQLAnywhere as a System Service. What exactly is SQLAnywhere trying to do that the System Service doesn't like? What is the best solution? thanks for any pointers! yuvi Need to add sqlany50\win32 to your system path. Yuval Zalkow <groove@ix.netcom.com&...

SqlAnywhere service not restarting properly
Hello everyone. I have a problem that hopefully someone will be able to assist with. I have a SQLAnywhere version 5.5.04 build#1867 running on an NT 4.0 SP6a-28bit server. I use ArcServeIT v6.61 for backups. I have a script that stops 4 services (including the SQLAnywhere service) before the backup and another that restarts them after the backup. Twice in the last month, while restarting after the backup, SQLAnywhere hangs during the startup and the only way that I have been about to stop it is to restart the whole server. With the number of users I have, it takes longer to get them off...

Windows Service
I have two services - A and B I have to start Service B, on OnStart method of Service A. How to do this? Thanks    Well your service A would have a overriden method called on_start. Here you will need to use the servicecontroller and iterate through all services on the local machine to identify Service B. This can be a unique service name. Once you have found Service B you can start it.You however need to understand about permissions, depending on what context Service A is running under, it may or may not have enough permissions to start another service. ...

Adapter, Protocol, and Service Binding
Hi Can someone please point me to a page containing instructions on how to unbind unnecessary services etc in win XP Home. Steves network bondage page only covers win 95/98 & NT4. Thanks in advance. Mike Bikermike <nospam@net.ntl.com> wrote: > Hi > > Can someone please point me to a page containing instructions on how to > unbind unnecessary services etc in win XP Home. > > Steves network bondage page only covers win 95/98 & NT4. Steve's site is targeted at Windows computers that have NetBIOS installed. NetBIOS is not installed in XP...

Web resources about - Service Protocols - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

List of parties to the Kyoto Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Signing is optional, indicating an intention to ratify the Protocol. Ratification means that an Annex I party (e.g. a developed country or one ...

Nest’s Weave protocol for the connected home now open to third-party developers
Nest Weave, the communications protocol that Nest uses to make its connected home devices talk to each other, definitely isn't new. But as of ...

NAB joins global banks to design 'blockchain' protocols
National Australia Bank has joined 20 global global banks in a trial of technologies based on the "blockchain" that facilitates bitcoin transactions. ...

New attacks on Network Time Protocol can defeat HTTPS and create chaos
... or tamper with Bitcoin transactions, computer scientists warned Wednesday. The vulnerabilities reside in the N etwork Time Protocol , the widely ...

Case Keenum concussion challenges NFL protocol
Rams quarterback was obviously woozy after his head slammed the ground, but he never missed a play, leading to many questions for NFL

Terrence Jones returns to practice after passing concussion protocol
Rockets forward Terrence Jones returned to practice on Thursday after going through the NBA’s concussion protocol, saying he felt no loss of ...

IDG Contributor Network: OAuth 2.0: The protocol at the center of the universe
I am writing this article on the iPad Mini using the Editorial app. This app is connected to my Dropbox account and automatically synchronizes ...

'Routine,' 'standard,' and 'protocol' for police usually means overkill for black folks
A neighbor sees someone who may be breaking into a home. Civic-minded and filled with neighborly concern, the witness dials 911 and asks police ...

Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
Mentor Graphics has announced its Veloce VirtuaLAB Ethernet environment with support for 25Gb, 50Gb and 100Gb Ethernet. VirtuaLAB is Mentor Graphics' ...

Sea Change In Concussion Protocols For Youth Soccer
The most popular sport in the world is catching up to football and hockey in how it deals with concussions.