Reload.SQl has errors when creating views

Using ASA 7.02, if I use the utilities to unload the data and structure then
use the resulting reload.sql to load it back in to a new database, I get an
error when creating the views, the rest works fine.  The issue is that the
owner of the underlying table is not put on part of the joins in the views.

I logged in as DBA to do the unload.  The user "TableOwner" is owner of all
underlying tables.  Yet when I look at the SQL generated I see some of the
tables are referenced by "TableOwner" but others are referenced without an
owner.

Is this a known issue, since corrected?

Thanks, Wayne

0
Wayne

This is likely not a bug but an issue that was introduced during development
of the schema. Can DBA execute the statement that the view is complaining
about in isql? For example, if the view is

    create view test as
        select c1, c2, c3 from t1

would dba be able to execute

    select c1, c2, c3 from t1?

If the DBA user is unable to execute the underlying statement, the view was
not created as user dba. Is "TableOwner" a group? If not, make TableOwner a
group. Add DBA to that group before unloading. This will make the table
visible to the user dba.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sybase TechWave User Training and Solutions conference -- August 4 - 8, 2003
in Orlando, FL.   -- A great place for education and  in-depth discussions
on all our technology, future trends in the market, not to mention getting
time with the engineers who create the products!  For more information,
visit http://www.ianywhere.com/techwave2003

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Wayne" <wloeppky200@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Using ASA 7.02, if I use the utilities to unload the data and structure
then
> use the resulting reload.sql to load it back in to a new database, I get
an
> error when creating the views, the rest works fine.  The issue is that the
> owner of the underlying table is not put on part of the joins in the
views.

> I logged in as DBA to do the unload.  The user "TableOwner" is owner of
all
> underlying tables.  Yet when I look at the SQL generated I see some of the
> tables are referenced by "TableOwner" but others are referenced without an
> owner.
>
> Is this a known issue, since corrected?
>
> Thanks, Wayne

0
Chris
7/23/2003 1:10:24 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will double check that, but I am a bit suspicious
this is the reason as TableOwner is attached to some of the tables and not
others in the unloaded view syntax.

I have included a brief look at the basic view statement created by the
unload with some of the column details removed to make it easier to see.  I
wonder why TableOwner is attached to PLU in the join to Monstock but not in
the join to Master?

create view TableOwner.PLUMonstock
as select
Master.ItemNumber,
Master.Description,
Monstock.SaleYear,
Monstock.BeginQty,
Monstock.BeginCost,
Monstock.BeginRetail,
PLU.StoreNumber,
PLU.CurrentPrice,
from
TableOwner.PLU left outer join TableOwner.Monstock on
  PLU.StoreNumber = Monstock.StoreNumber and
  PLU.ItemNumber = Monstock.ItemNumber,
PLU key join TableOwner.Master on
 PLU.ItemNumber = Master.ItemNumber

Wayne

"Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutions)" <Fight_keating@iAnywhere.com_Spam>
wrote in message news:3f1e8a09@forums-1-dub...
> This is likely not a bug but an issue that was introduced during
development
> of the schema. Can DBA execute the statement that the view is complaining
> about in isql? For example, if the view is
>
>     create view test as
>         select c1, c2, c3 from t1
>
> would dba be able to execute
>
>     select c1, c2, c3 from t1?
>
> If the DBA user is unable to execute the underlying statement, the view
was
> not created as user dba. Is "TableOwner" a group? If not, make TableOwner
> group. Add DBA to that group before unloading. This will make the table
> visible to the user dba.
>
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
>
> Sybase TechWave User Training and Solutions conference -- August 4 - 8,
2003
> in Orlando, FL.   -- A great place for education and  in-depth discussions
> on all our technology, future trends in the market, not to mention getting
> time with the engineers who create the products!  For more information,
> visit http://www.ianywhere.com/techwave2003
>
> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> "Wayne" <wloeppky200@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > Using ASA 7.02, if I use the utilities to unload the data and structure
> then
> > use the resulting reload.sql to load it back in to a new database, I get
> an
> > error when creating the views, the rest works fine.  The issue is that
the
> > owner of the underlying table is not put on part of the joins in the
> views.
> >
> > I logged in as DBA to do the unload.  The user "TableOwner" is owner of
> all
> > underlying tables.  Yet when I look at the SQL generated I see some of
the
> > tables are referenced by "TableOwner" but others are referenced without
an
> > owner.
> >
> > Is this a known issue, since corrected?
> >
> > Thanks, Wayne

0
Wayne
7/24/2003 2:35:31 AM
Please tell us the exact error message you're getting.

Are any of the objects in the FROM views themselves? There can a
problem with the order of CREATE VIEW statements. The dbunload -j nnn
option is designed to get around this problem.

Breck

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:35:31 -0500, "Wayne" <wloeppky200@shaw.ca>
wrote:

> [...]
>> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
>>
>> "Wayne" <wloeppky200@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> > Using ASA 7.02, if I use the utilities to unload the data and structure
>> then
>> > use the resulting reload.sql to load it back in to a new database, I get
>> an
>> > error when creating the views, the rest works fine.  The issue is that
>the
>> > owner of the underlying table is not put on part of the joins in the
>> views.
>> >
>> > I logged in as DBA to do the unload.  The user "TableOwner" is owner of
>> all
>> > underlying tables.  Yet when I look at the SQL generated I see some of
>the
>> > tables are referenced by "TableOwner" but others are referenced without

bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
http://www.risingroad.com
0
Breck
7/24/2003 11:08:11 AM
None of the objects in this view are other views, they are all standard
tables.

The error I am getting is "table PLU not found", which makes sense because
it is owned by TableOwner, so DBA will not recognize it.  TableOwner is a
user, not a group.  When the tables in the database are created, TableOwner
is the active user.

You can see in the phrase "PLU key join TableOwner.Master on" there is no
owner specified for the table PLU, yet in the previous join "TableOwner.PLU
left outer join TableOwner.Monstock on" there is an owner specified. That is
what has me confused, why did the unload specify it on the first join, but
not on the second.

To correct the issue I just add "TableOwner." before "PLU" and it works
fine.

Wayne

"Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> wrote in
message news:2dfvhvs7u6mc3jds0ukm8hlkaab12qidb5@4ax.com...
> [...]
getting
> >> time with the engineers who create the products!  For more information,
> >> visit http://www.ianywhere.com/techwave2003
> >>
> >> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
> >>
> >> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
> >>
> >> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> >> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> >> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
> >>
> >> "Wayne" <wloeppky200@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> >> then
> >> an
> >the
> >> views.

> >> all
> >the
> >an

> bcarter@risingroad.com
> Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications

0
Wayne
7/24/2003 12:37:47 PM
Go to the syntax in Sybase Central and compare. If what is shown in SC
differs from the unload, you may have hit a bug. If they are the same, you
may have coded to a old bug or the view was written while connected as
TableOwner and would not require table owner name qualification. As such,
the table qualification would not be necessary and the view would have been
created properly.

Were the views hand written i.e., no code generator or wizard?

/ck

> [...]
> >
> > "Wayne" <wloeppky200@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > > Using ASA 7.02, if I use the utilities to unload the data and
structure
> > then
> > > use the resulting reload.sql to load it back in to a new database, I
get
> > an
> > > error when creating the views, the rest works fine.  The issue is that
> the
> > > owner of the underlying table is not put on part of the joins in the
> > views.
> > >
> > > I logged in as DBA to do the unload.  The user "TableOwner" is owner
of
> > all
> > > underlying tables.  Yet when I look at the SQL generated I see some of
> the
> > > tables are referenced by "TableOwner" but others are referenced

0
Chris
7/24/2003 1:11:36 PM
Sounds like the following problem. Workaround would be to recreate the view
before unloading, specifying the table owner explicitly.
---------------------

Issue ID: QTS 322431

Versions affected: all

Modules affected: engine

Versions fixed:

9.0.0(1182), 8.0.1(3123), 8.0.2(4284), 7.0.4(3472)

When creating a view the engine must store the create view statement with

all table owners. If a table appears multiple times in the select then the

table owner was not added everywhere. For example: Created under USER1

    create view V1 as select * from A join B, A join C

this view was stored as

    create view V1 as select * from USER1.A join USER1.B, A join USER1.C

As a result other users could not execute the view and a database rebuild

failed because table "A" could not be found. This has been fixed.

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

> [...]
> > >PLU key join TableOwner.Master on
> > > PLU.ItemNumber = Master.ItemNumber
> > >
> > >Wayne
> > >
> > >"Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutions)"
<Fight_keating@iAnywhere.com_Spam>
> > >development
> complaining

> > >was
> TableOwner

> > >2003
> discussions
> getting

> structure
> get
> that
> > >the

> of
> of
> > >the
> without
> > >an

> > bcarter@risingroad.com
> > Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications

0
Bruce
7/24/2003 1:35:36 PM
Hi Bruce,

This is it exactly, for my future trouble shooting how did you find that?  I
was unable to find that in my searches.

Wayne
"Bruce Hay" <ns_hay@sybase.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > not

> see.
> not
> > in

> <Fight_keating@iAnywhere.com_Spam>
> > complaining

> view
> > TableOwner
> table

> 8,
> > discussions
> > getting
> information,

> > structure
> > get
> > that
> the

> owner
> > of
> > of
> > without

> > > bcarter@risingroad.com
> > > Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications

0
Wayne
7/25/2003 12:01:48 AM
Thanks for helping out, I think Bruce has solved it.  That is exactly what
is happening.

Wayne

"Chris Keating" <Spam_Free_keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in message
> [...]
view
> > was
> > > not created as user dba. Is "TableOwner" a group? If not, make
> TableOwner
> > > group. Add DBA to that group before unloading. This will make the
table
> > > visible to the user dba.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Chris Keating
> > > Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> > >
> > > Sybase TechWave User Training and Solutions conference -- August 4 -
8,
> > 2003
> > > in Orlando, FL.   -- A great place for education and  in-depth
> discussions
> > > on all our technology, future trends in the market, not to mention
> getting
> > > time with the engineers who create the products!  For more

0
Wayne
7/25/2003 12:02:22 AM

> This is it exactly, for my future trouble shooting how did you find
> that?  I was unable to find that in my searches.

That was an internal posting of the problem.
That would eventually make it into the readme for the EBF.
So if you download an EBF, look at the readme, you would find it there.

--
David Fishburn
0

The case referenced by Bruce showed as the 4th issue listed in the query.

--

> [...]

> because
> > > it is owned by TableOwner, so DBA will not recognize it.  TableOwner
is
> > > user, not a group.  When the tables in the database are created,
> > TableOwner
> > > is the active user.
> > >
> > > You can see in the phrase "PLU key join TableOwner.Master on" there is
> no
> > > owner specified for the table PLU, yet in the previous join
> > "TableOwner.PLU
> > > left outer join TableOwner.Monstock on" there is an owner specified.
> That
> > is
> > > what has me confused, why did the unload specify it on the first join,
> but
> > > not on the second.
> > >
> > > To correct the issue I just add "TableOwner." before "PLU" and it

0
Chris

dbunload problem -- reload.sql creates views out of order
Hello all, I'm using ASA 7.0.3.2046. When I use dbunload.exe to unload my database and create a reload script, the resulting reload.sql file is creating some of the views in the wrong order, ie: it creates a 'child' view before it creates the 'parent' view eg: create view SecondView AS SELECT * FROM FirstView, AnotherTable go create view FirstView AS SELECT * FROM SomeTable; go this of course leads to problems when the script is applied. I've tried using of the -j parameter to dbunload w/ various arguments (3,6,9,12,20,50), b...

General SQL Error
Runing this query from a Borland reporting tool: SQL Statement: SELECT T1.code_div_d code_div_d, T1.date_trf date_trf, T1.code_div code_div, T2.cod_prd cod_prd, T2.des_prd des_prd, T3.pren_usr pren_usr, T3.nom_usr nom_usr, T5.des_cons des_cons, T2.chpar2 chpar2, T6.des_ctg des_ctg, (rtrim( T3.nom_usr ) + ', ' + T3.pren_usr) fullname, (T5.des_cons + ' ' + T2.des_prd) make_model FROM transfer T1 , produit T2 , utilisateur T3 , prd_resp T4 , construct T5 , categorie T6 WHERE T1.cod_prd*=T2.cod_prd AND T4.code_usr=T3.code_usr AND T2.co...

Error creating view ...
Hi all, I'm trying to create a view as follows, but get this errormessage below. The query itself runs without problems when pasted into ISQL. Does anybody know what is wrong here? Thanks in advance, Ton Could not execute statement. Derived table 'sp' has no name for column 1 SQLCODE=-163, ODBC 3 State="42000" Line 1, column 1 create view V_artikel_fuqty as select artikel.artsiteid,artikel.artnum, sp.npercolli,sp.siteid1,sp.id1,sp.n1,sp.siteid2,sp.id2,sp.n2,sp.siteid3,sp.id3,sp.n3,sp.k1,sp.k2,sp.k3,sp.F2to1,sp.F3to2,sp.cntnpercolli,sp.futype_id,sp.n...

not error when view from localhost, but error when view from outsite
Recently I have ADSL, but my PC is assigned dynamic IP address by ADSL modem so I registered a account in www.no-ip.com to receive a internet address: http://cuongvt.myvnc.com I'm able to see album starter web site not only in my PC directly from local. (where the my website is located, but from outside also. But the problem is when I view from outsite (for example: from internet cafe or from the PC of my company), when  I clicked "register" link and type correct registering information then clicked "create user" button, my web site return a error page as below: Server Err...

General SQL Error
When I am running the project in Delphi XE (which has been coded in Delphi 2006), its throwing the error. The error reads as below: Project DATATOOL.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message 'General SQL Error. Specified driver could not loaded due to System Error 14003 (iSeries Access ODBC Driver). Alias: passdb'. and when I click on break it goes to the below line: PSLoginDataMod := TPassdata.Create(nil); and Create procedure is as below: procedure TPassdata.PassdataCreate(Sender: TObject); begin try Session1.Open; db.Connected := true; except MessageDlg(...

General SQL Error
Hi Sybase Veterans, I have a encountered the following error message : - General SQL error ct_cmd_alloc():user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked dead. I have no idea what could cause such an error but I encounter this problem for some sql select statements. Could any of the veteran sybase user advise on what kind of error this is? Thanks in advance, Candra I have gotten this error, we managed to track this down to a physical networking problem. (A WAN connection was switching states and causing the disconnect). This error will occur when CT l...

reload.sql error
Hy, I try to extract the structure of an database and must (want) to create a reload.sql. The problem is, that I get some syntax errors in the reload.sql. For example ... ... end if; SELECT @@RowCount as Deleted; END; } go The problem here is the ";" after the END In in the part of comment to preserve format on procedure. Any idea how to prevent this ? Ralph A semicolon after an END is OK in regular Watcom SQL, but I will take your word for it that it generates an error message when used in that special comment syntax. I just checked a 8.0.3.5...

error creating mdf
Connection to SQL server files (*.mdf) require SQL express 2005 to function properly.  please verify the installation of the component or download from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=49251   I AM GOING TO RIP MY HAIR OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM.  I have reinstalled both sql server express 2005 and VWD about 5 times with the same problem.  please, please, please someone throw me a bone here  and help me resolve this problem.  When I create a new EMPTY website and I rightclick on my website in the solution explorer and choose add item, I chooe SQL Database, I...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

General error: Run time SQL error -- Index "sys_attribute_uniqueness" has an inaccurate leaf page count statistics
Hi, We use Asa 8.03.5022 and with a specific database we get the following error : General error: Run time SQL error -- Index "sys_attribute_uniqueness" has an inaccurate leaf page count statistics. If we run a validate everything is oke, but after some "actions" from our program we get the error above. These actions are not much more than openening and closing the database. I tried with a lot of other databases, but I can't reproduce these error with this databases. I have already done a complete rebuild of the specific database, but I get these error again...

General SQL error #2
Sybase ODBC driver unable to connect to database server: cannot be started. C:\Programfiles\DMC\Daisy.db DB unable to open transaction log. Please advise Sounds to me like there is something funny with your transaction log. Just a guess but maybe the directory your database is expecting the log to be in is not accurate. You can find this info by doing a dblog. i.e. dblog asademo.exe You should be able to force the database to start without the log with the -f command. i.e. dbeng7 -f asademo.db If you want to reset the log you could do the following dblog -r asademo.db ...

General SQL Error #3
I am currently developing an app in Delphi. I am getting this error today for some reason unknown to me as it worked fine yesterday and I haven't made any changes that I am aware of! When I scroll to the second record in a grid I get this error: General SQL Error [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Invalid Cursor State Can anybody tell me what is wrong or what this means? Another query is rerun with every record change in the grid I am scrolling when I get the error. The grid that displays the other query will only display when I click on a cell in the grid, otherwise the grid isn't di...

General SQL Error #2
Currently I am using Delphi XE version but my project has been coded in Delphi 2006 version. When I am running the project its throwing the error. The error reads as below: Project DATATOOL.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message 'General SQL Error. Specified driver could not loaded due to System Error 14003 (iSeries Access ODBC Driver). Alias: passdb'. and when I click on break it goes to the below line: PSLoginDataMod := TPassdata.Create(nil); and Create procedure is as below: procedure TPassdata.PassdataCreate(Sender: TObject); begin try Session1.Open; d...

I created a website on my localhost with three .mdf files using SQL express but now I get an error when I try to host it on my web server without SQL express. need some help on how to change my connec
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred whil...

Web resources about - Reload.SQl has errors when creating views - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Online Ads that Drive Brand Awareness
New research shows how the creative elements of online ads impact brand awareness.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nets of freedom creating mesh networks 03.07.2013 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Strelka Institute photo's photos on Flickr. Strelka Institute photo has uploaded 14526 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...