Problem using ODBC: Numeric fields converted to string.

When linking a table in Access 97 or opening the table in Visual Basic 5
using DAO, fields of type numeric, money etc. are converted to strings.
This makes it difficult to format the fields correctly.
This (could) be posible to accept, but the decimal is also converted to .
(dot). I am using , (comma) in the regional settings.

Is this a known bug?
Any workarounds?

Thanks,
SH

(Please remove NoSpam. from my mail-adress)

0
Steinar

Numeric to string convertion problem
I have a problem with converting data from "numeric" column into string. The server adds several zeros in fractal part. In the same case date from "double" column is being transferred properly. Try the following example: Create Table Test( dValue double, nValue numeric ); Insert into Test values( 1.5, 1.5 ); Select string( dValue ) || '% ' || string( nValue ) || '%' From Test; Here I get "1.5% 1.500000%" Who could suggest how to cut spare zeros off ? P.S. Leo, I believe in you ! >>That's ok, it's a common mista...

Problem in validating numeric fields using ItemChanged Event
Dear all, I have done the following statement in ItemChanged Event for validation checking on string fields. (A perfect statement!) if dwo.Name = "Name" then if data <> "PETER" then this.Modify("<colname>.ValidationMsg='<your error message>'") return 1 end if end if It has been working perfect for me until one day I discovered that it doesn't work as it's thought to on fields with decimal or double types. I observe that it fails to work when I transform the data type of current value using dec( ...

Using CONVERT function to convert NUMERIC to VARCHAR
I am creating a trigger on a table where 2 columns are defined as numeric. This trigger captures the data and inserts it into another table where I want to combine the numeric data with a statement. I've tried using the CONVERT function, but it is giving me a mis-matched token error. I've looked through the documentation online, but it is not really helping me or I'm not understanding correctly. I've pasted a snippet of what I'm trying to do without using the CONVERT function. **user_level and region_id are the numeric values** select @whatchanged = case ...

Problems saving big docs to long binary field using remote server via ODBC
Hi, Environment: Ubuntu 8.04 SQLAnywhere 11.0.1.2052 I have a table in another SQLAnywhere DB which I access via a remote server using ODBC. Here are my ODBC files: ..odbc.ini [ODBC Data Sources] jobBEAT_Proxy=SQLAnywhere 11.0 [jobBEAT_Proxy] UserID=admin Password=sql DatabaseFile=/opt/jobbeat/jobbeat_proxy.db Driver=/opt/sqlanywhere11/lib64/libdbodbc11.so LOG=/home/etienne/download/odbc.txt ..odbcinst.ini [ODBC Drivers] Sybase SQLAnywhere V11.01 = Installed [Sybase SQLAnywhere V11.01] Driver = /opt/sqlanywhere11/lib64/libdbodbc11.so Setup = /opt/sqlanywh...

Problems saving big docs to long binary field using remote server via ODBC
Hi, I'm sorry for the cross post from the Linux forum, I'm not sure if that forum is used by many people as I've not had a response. I'm a bit stuck so I'm hoping by posting it here I may get someone that could point me in the right direction. Environment: Ubuntu 8.04 SQLAnywhere 11.0.1.2052 I have a table in another SQLAnywhere DB which I access via a remote server using ODBC. Here are my ODBC files: ..odbc.ini [ODBC Data Sources] jobBEAT_Proxy=SQLAnywhere 11.0 [jobBEAT_Proxy] UserID=admin Password=sql DatabaseFile=/opt/jobbeat/jobbeat_proxy.d...

How to convert text string to numeric string? Pls help.
Dim strApprove As String = "" Dim selIndex As Integer For Each selIndex In rsc.SelectedIndexes strApprove = strApprove + CStr(dg.DataKeys(selIndex)) + "," Next strApprove = Mid(strApprove, 1, ((Len(strApprove) - 1)))  strApprove = 123,234,233,323 (these are id #s) I want to convert strApprove into numeric string(123,234,233) so I can use it in my SQL query.  The ID field is defined as decimal in the database table. I've tried Val() and CLng and didn't get it to work.  Thanks for your help. Dim intApprove as Integer = CType(strApprove, Integer)Community C...

Using convert to string macro syntax with wide strings
The # symbol can be used in macros to convert an argument to a string literal. This example is from the RAD Studio help: #define TRACE(flag) printf(#flag "=%d\n", flag) int highval = 1024; TRACE(highval); becomes --> int highval = 1024; printf("highval" "=%d\n", highval); This ability is almost exactly what I'm looking for, except I need to convert to a wide string. I've tried: #define TRACE(flag) printf(L#flag "=%d\n", flag) but that doesn't work. Is there any syntax that converts a formal argument to a wide ...

Field not Found using query with decimal/numeric fields with high precision
Dear Sirs I use Interbase 7.5.1. After upgrading to Delphi XE2 from Delphi XE, when I open some IBX datasets (TIBDataset, etc), I'm getting a "Field XXX not found" exception. Everything was OK in Delphi XE. I've come to realize that the issue is with decimal or numeric fields that have high precisions (5+), e.g. Decimal (15, 5). How can I fix this issue? Please, advise Mike Norayr Monjian Mike Norayr Monjian wrote: > Dear Sirs > > I use Interbase 7.5.1. After upgrading to Delphi XE2 from Delphi XE, when I open some IBX datasets (TIBDataset, etc), I...

ODBC problem with SQLAnywhere
I have an application developed in PowerBuilder 6.0 general release and being run on various flavors of Windows 95. Some of my clients are complaining that they cannot connect to the SQLAnywhere database. It fails with the following message: DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Message: SQLSTATE =IM004 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed I am using Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 of SQLAnywhere. The funny thing is that before I upgraded the application from PB 5.0.01 to PB 6.0, no one had problems connecting to the database. The only thing...

ODBC problem with SQLAnywhere
I have an application developed in PowerBuilder 6.0 general release and being run on various flavors of Windows 95. Some of my clients are complaining that they cannot connect to the SQLAnywhere database. It fails with the following message: DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Message: SQLSTATE =IM004 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed I am using Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 of SQLAnywhere. The funny thing is that before I upgraded the application from PB 5.0.01 to PB 6.0, no one had problems connecting to the database. The only thing...

String convert Problem
Hi i have a problem when i convert an an double to an WString. double numKurs; numKurs = 1.92345; textDM.Sprintf("%d", numKurs); textb_2->SetText( textDM ); // -2116559883 the output for textb_2 is -2116559883 regards from thomas Thomas Lauer wrote: > > Hi i have a problem when i convert an an double to an WString. > > double numKurs; > numKurs = 1.92345; > textDM.Sprintf("%d", numKurs); > textb_2->SetText( textDM ); // -2116559883 > > the output for te...

SQL Keyword is used as Field Name. SELECT Query Problem using DBI.
Hello, One of our tables awb_msg has the field name 'text' and when I try to use the DBI to do a select it prompts an error. How can I do this. I can't change the field name as it is in a production environment and has been use for the past 10 years with no problems. We are using ms- sqlserver. And also, I have no control of changing the field name. So, changing the field name is not possible. Here is my test: This is working correctly. -- my $sql = "SELECT seq, create_date, msg_code, send_receive FROM awb_msg where seq = 7989176"; it returns: ...

String ccomparison problem. How to convert AUTF8String (nsACString) to a regular String or vice versa
Hi, I'm having trouble comparing strings of different types in Java Script The two strings are equal when displayed in an alert popup but the "==" condition fails The two types are the following 1. nsIURI.spec http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/nsIURI#Attributes and 2. http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/nsIScriptableInputStream:read i receive a URL through nsIScriptableInputStream.read() and attempt to compare it with nsIURI.spec In this sample code, i pass in the nsIScriptableInputStream.read() as the "url" parameter, which is then compa...

general use problem
im trying to find if there is a way that the OS doesnt ask for a password when trying to access Yast and other functions on the GUI side, i understand that in terminal it is okay because of permissions, but is there a way to change that on the front side, or is it impossible because the GUI is so closely tied with the terminal end. also I try and delete certain items on the computer and it won;t let me, saying i dont have permission, but im the only user on the computer and it should be the root username so there shouldnt be a permissions problem. help with both of these would b...

Web resources about - Problem using ODBC: Numeric fields converted to string. - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Reaching to the Converted - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ Brackett, Nathan; Christian Hoard (2004). The Rolling Stone Album Guide . New York City, New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 101. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8 ...

Vitrue Offers Data On Brands That Have Converted To Facebook Timeline
Facebook marketing platform Vitrue shared some data on brands in its client base that have already made the switch to timeline for pages. With ...

Facebook Now Allows Personal Profiles To Be Converted Into Business Pages
For the first time, Facebook now allows personal user profiles to be converted into official business Pages, turning all their friends into fans. ...

epicstep_starter [Converted] - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore figarointhehouse's photos on Flickr. figarointhehouse has uploaded 6 photos to Flickr.

GTA IV - GTA 1 Converted to RAGE (VIDEO 2) HD - YouTube
since my frist video showed a EXTREMELY zoomed out camera i had to make another one i will also show some combat and shooting with a rpg which ...

Papuan children taken to Jakarta to be converted to Islam
Taken from West Papua to Jakarta, two brothers describe being ''schooled'' in the Muslim faith.

Papuan children taken to Jakarta to be converted to Islam
When the parents of Demianus and Seth Gobay died in their small West Papua village in Nabire perhaps five years ago, not all their six children ...

World's coolest converted hotels
... to stay somewhere a little bit different on your next holiday? Travel website Virtual Tourist has compiled this list of some of the best converted ...

Plane converted into accommodation
Why Wa loved the Dakota planes.

Kevin charming only the converted
THERE is a looming and dangerous prospect for Labor that the "Rudd factor" is either illusory or having an effect in the wrong places or both. ...