Powerbuilder

I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe.
How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere
database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can
anyone pl guide me.
thanks.

Shaikh moin
0
Anonymous

If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help...

 ASA User's Guide
   PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use
     CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications
       Using a silent installation for deployment

If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here...

 SQL Anywhere User's Guide
   PART 3. Using SQL Anywhere
     CHAPTER 26. Client Application Deployment
       Deployment overview

Breck

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:17:21 -0500, Anonymous@sybase.com wrote:

>I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe.
>How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere
>database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can
>anyone pl guide me.
>thanks.
>
>Shaikh moin

0
Breck

What generals generally do

sqlanywhere and powerbuilder
hello!! when i try to connect to database sqlanywhere using ODBC, i get an error message: "Catalog tables could not be create and are not available for use" i put all rights to user dba. what i do? i wanna see all tables all data thanks... -- Cornelio Royer Gerente General WIN SOFT CORP., S.A. telefono: 317-0134 celular: 674-1218 When you connect for the first time, you need to connect with user id of SYS or SYSTEM, well I don't remember exactly which one. Anyway, it's a db default id that allows the PB catalog tables to be created and th...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

SQLAnywhere, PowerBuilder, and version conflicts
Please excuse the dual post -- as you'll see, this pertains to both groups equally. My explaination is probably less than coherent, as I'm getting frantic and a little wired. We're developing an application in PowerBuilder 5.0.02 and are currently in the final testing stages. We're testing on Windows '95 and NT4.0. We recently noticed that we have multiple versions of SQLAnywhere on the network. When running the compiled program, our windows 95 workstation testers get errors if they use SQLAnywhere version 5.0.03. However, the developers on the same platfor...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

SQLAnywhere, PowerBuilder, and version conflicts
Please excuse the dual post -- as you'll see, this pertains to both groups equally. My explaination is probably less than coherent, as I'm getting frantic and a little wired. We're developing an application in PowerBuilder 5.0.02 and are currently in the final testing stages. We're testing on Windows '95 and NT4.0. We recently noticed that we have multiple versions of SQLAnywhere on the network. When running the compiled program, our windows 95 workstation testers get errors if they use SQLAnywhere version 5.0.03. However, the developers on the same platfor...

shutdown SQLAnywhere Server from Powerbuilder
Is it possbile to shutdown the SQLAnywhere server from within a Powerbuilder application? I would like the SQLAnywhere shutdown when the last connection from client app is broken. Any advice would be really appreciated. ...

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

Accessing SQLAnywhere from Distributed Powerbuilder as NT Service
I am running a distributed Powerbuilder application which connects to a SQLAnywhere database by setting the DBPARM 'ConnectString' by specifying DSN, UID and PWD. The DSN is defined on the NT workstation as User and System. The problem is this. When I set the application to run as a service on NT, the connection to the database works successfully on some workstations but not on others. The only way to get it to run reliably as a service is to set the database engine as a service as well, and to launch it with the databse file specified (i.e., prelaunch the database as a servi...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles