powerbuilder database connections

When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following
error messages:

unable to start, server not found
Could not load interface for specified database
unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL

Please help

Stephane

0
Stephane

Stephane,

The system can't find PBODB040.DLL.

HTH,

Carson

Carson Hager                     Dynamic Data Solutions
Team Powersoft                 http://www.dyn-data.com
chager@dyn-data.com

            ********  Are You Ready for the Web  ********
                             www.jumpstart98.com

Stephane Viau wrote in message <3Yv6J#XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>...
>When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following
>error messages:
>
>unable to start, server not found
>Could not load interface for specified database
>unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL
>
>Please help
>
>Stephane

0
Carson

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

powerbuilder 4 and database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Note: trying to access Watcom 4.0 database, and Access 97 database Please help Stephane In article <gsdG7#XL9GA.178@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> >> When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following >> error messages: >> >> Stephane, See my reply to your message in the otehr news...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

Help On SQLAnywhere Database Connection
Hi There, We have application written in PB5.0 with Sybase SqlAnywhere database. After we compiled ot to 32 bit we got trouble with the database connection. The error code is 999. The message is 'The allocation of envirnment handle failed.' If you have a solution please contact me at charles.wang@gov.ab.ca or post a message on the newsgroup. Thanks Charles Now that you are using a 32 bit application you need to make sure you are using a 32 bit connection. Make sure you aren't trying to use dbclienw.exe. You need dbclient.exe. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] ...

PowerBuilder 10 Database connection
Hello, In my previouos topic I wrote: Hi, > > I have PB 10.5 and ORA 9.2 installed on Citrix MetaFrame > server. > > Even though when I open database profile and hit 'Test > Connection' button I get 'Connection Successful' message, > there is, in fact, no connection. No tables are visible, the > datawindows won't retrieve the data. I can, however, connect > to ORACLE DB using ORACLE SQLPlus. PBO90105.dll and > PBO10105.dll are in place... > > What am I missing? Well, the funny part is - the 'Connection Successfu...

Help On SQLAnywhere Database Connection
Hi there, We have a application written in PB 5.0 with SqlAnywhere database. After we compiled the application to 32 bit we got trouble with the database connection. The error code is 999. The message is 'The allocation of the enviornment handle failed.' If you have any solution please contact me. My email is charles.wang@gov.ab.ca. Thank you in advance! Charles Please don't cross-post. Your question has nothing to do with the Mobilink product. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : htt...

SqlAnywhere Database connection Problem
Using both, ASA 8.0 and 9.0 but unble to connect to the database (either of this version). From the ODBC connection page my user getting error mesasage as follows:- [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Unable to start specified database: I/O error Error code=-82 SQL state=08001 Connection parameters: User=dba Password=*** (n.b. Password is sql) DBF=C:\SIZING\CVCALC\CVCALC.DB Please help me to find a solution. From where Can I Download ASA 8.0 or 9.0 Driver for ODBC, if it is a driver issue? This is not a driver issue. There is a problem with the database f...

PowerBuilder 7.0 database connectivity
I am looking for a list of servers that PowerBuilder 7.0 supports. In particular, if PB7.0 supports Oracle 8-I. Also, if PB7 support SQLServer 7.0 and Oracle 8.1.5? Are there patches to support these databases? In the PB 7 evaluationCD, we only get SQLServer 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 maximum. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael Noche You would use the same drivers as you received with the eval; however, support for Oracle and Microsoft is somewhat rolling... that is as 8.1.6 is released for instance, the Oracle 8 driver in PowerBuilder is enhanced to work with t...

can powerbuilder connect to a MDB database?
can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? Hans Sure, You can connect to MS SQL Server using either the native DB driver, or through ODBC or OLEDB. I think (haven't tried it myself) MS access you can connect to using ODBC or OLEDB HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Hans" <hans@opschool.nl> schreef in bericht news:6F$UOR7CCHA.255@forums.sybase.com... > can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? > > Hans > > ...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database
Dear guys! I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny dannj@hotmail.com tharakans@hotmail.com ...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Web resources about - powerbuilder database connections - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles