Performance Monitor

What tools are availble with ASA 7 (WinNT) for performance monitoring.  We
have a system that is getting pegged to 100% CPU utilization, and we're
guessing right now it's an adhoc query.   Is there a way to see who is
doing what on the system at any given time?
0
Tom_Iarusso

ASA 8 has a feature which allows you to do this; in ASA 7 it's a bit more
cumbersome.

In ASA 8, you must first enable capturing of the last statement prepared by
each connection by specifying the -zl server command line option or by
calling:
    call sa_server_option('Remember_last_statement','ON')
Then the last statement for each connection can be displayed via:
    call sa_conn_activity()

In ASA 7, your best approach would be to enable request-level logging on the
server. To do this, add -zr sql -zo filename to the server start line, or:
    call sa_server_option('Request_level_log_file','path\filename.out');
    call sa_server_option'(Request_level_logging','SQL');
After the problem has shown itself, you can disable logging with:
    call sa_server_option'(Request_level_logging','OFF');
    call
sa_server_option('Request_level_log_file','path\someotherfilename.out');
and then examine the log to see what requests were active at the time the
server was slow.

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

<Tom_Iarusso> wrote in message
> What tools are availble with ASA 7 (WinNT) for performance monitoring.  We
> have a system that is getting pegged to 100% CPU utilization, and we're
> guessing right now it's an adhoc query.   Is there a way to see who is
> doing what on the system at any given time?

0
Bruce
10/31/2002 2:46:56 PM
Thank you.  We will try that and see if we can't find the offending SQL.
0
Tom_Iarusso

Performance monitor and performance counters
I'm trying to figure out why performance counters won't work on my machine. We've got 2 windows 2003 servers, and if I try to access ANY of the performance counter related objects in the System.Diagnostic namespace I get this: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb) at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item) Of course the call stack is actually larger than that, but the point is right here. The same code works fine on any of our XP or 2000 Pro boxes. Anyone know wha...

Performance Monitor vs performance
Hello, does Sybase Central Performance Monitor affect performance? We've had a problem, the db server was reacting very slow denying almost all of the work of around 100 concurrent users, with throwing all of them out as more users came in. The only major change done was that the Sybase Performance monitor was left to be run overnight, with the following statistics: Packets Sent Packets Received Requests Threads Unscheduled Requests I understand that SC PM queries the server, but could this have a major impact on overall performance? Thanks, Pavel IMO the ...

Performance Monitor Snap-in
I am trying to monitor our ASP.NET web application, running on Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6. When I open the Performance Snap-In, I am unable to select the standard Performance objects I see in Windows 2000 server - namely ASP.NET, ASP.NET Applications, ASP.NET Apps v1.1.4322 and ASP.NET v1.1.4322 Can somebody tell me what's happening? Am I missing something? Thanks...

Establishing a performance baseline re performance Monitors
OK I'm new to this. But I am administering a newly created network of <100 systems using ASA 7.0.2 I would like to set up some monitors to know what the "typical load" during a week is. Which monitors are the most important? Should I use the monitors in the W2K instead? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Performance Monitoring
I need an off the shelf simply product that allows me to  do basic performance monitoring of my website and database.  I realize I can setup up performance counters but I would like a simple product that will do that for me.  I am especially interested in SQL Server / ADO.NET monitoring -- memory use, number of connections  open, etc.  Suggestions? Jay I am looking for the same thing, so I am going to attach myself to this thread. Thanks.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point an...

Performance monitoring
Hi, I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. any ideas ? best regards Joerg On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:44:38 +0200, "Joerg Kuechen" <kuechen@gavitec.de> wrote: >Hi, > >I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... >but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. > >any ideas ? > >best regards >Joerg Do you mean you want to profile your application? There is a /et switch for the compiler that is such that it uses Pentium cycle counts to measure how m...

Performance Monitor Again
PLEASE HELP!!! We have a C++ application that uses Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 as the back end. We have enabled performance monitor so that we can analyze some of options available to us for SQL Anywhere 5.0. There are many options like active requests, bytes receive etc. What we are trying to gain from this analysis is confirmation that the database server is sufficient and that we are not overloading/overworking the database server. Can someone please advise me as to some useful measurements, as well as a normal/abnormal range for those measurements? We have 65 workstations all mak...

General performance
Name: Rodolfo Wetzel Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: General performance Comments: It works fine, specially with zooming sites like chess.com that are difficult with IE (chess pieces are not properly shown). What I really miss, are some add on like cooliris' blue botton to search faster. So I still use the Firefox 2.1 with working compatibilities. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

performance monitoring
We have moved our database from a slower machine to a faster dual PIII-1Ghz machine and are trying to do some performance tuning. The application is being accessed via Citrix Metaframe XP 1.0 SP1. There are a few times per day when the application seems to really slow down. What we'd like to do is monitor the backend to see if it is a problem with one of our stored procedures or triggers or to see if there is a long running process which could be affecting this. We've already been able to take Citrix out of the mix as it is performaning as it should. Does anyone have any r...

SQLAnywhere performance
I have a SQLANywhere db running on a Netware v 3.12 server. The database performed well as a stand-alone db but when moved to the network performance is lousy. Where do I look for answers/solutions to this problem? thanks How lousy? What part is lousy? You can't expect multiple row retrieves to perform the same in both a network and standalone environment. ...

performance Monitor
Hi, Where do I find this product in Interbase XE. It's not in IBConsole anymore? /Mikael Mikael Nilsson wrote: > Hi, > > Where do I find this product in Interbase XE. > It's not in IBConsole anymore? > > /Mikael Right click a database in ibconsole. Performance Monitor should appear in the context menu. -- Bill Todd (TeamB) > {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote} > Mikael Nilsson wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Where do I find this product in Interbase XE. > > It's not in IBConsole anymore? > > ...

performance monitor
Hi, I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install. It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it? Mikael Nilsson wrote: > Hi, > > I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install. > It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it? Yes it is, right click on the database node you want to monitor and performance monitor will be one of the options in the menu. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor I must fear evil. For I am but mort...

Performance about SQLAnywhere
Currently I have a SQLAnywhere database of size over 250Mb. We have a program written in PB to retrieve data from it, but that program slowed down gradually after we increased the volume of data from 100Mb to its current size. Is this a limitation of SQLAnywhere, or just my machine? Is there any fine tuning possible? The configuration of my machine is Pentium III, 128Mb RAM, 10G HD. If you have allocated sufficient cache to the database (should be at least 25mb, and 64mb would be good) then the remaining suspect would be a table scan somewhere. Have all database-related functio...

Performance Monitoring
Hi, Could anyone out there recommend any good books, websites etc. for performance tuning of SQL Anywhere 5.5.05, there doesn't seem to be that many books around on SQL Anywhere (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!!). We have a customer who is running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Base build no EBF's, on NT4. their database is approx. 9GB in size. We would like to know if anyone has any knowledge/experience which they would like to share in performance tuning on NT. Anything on storing replication or mirrored logs on separate drives or separate computers, getting the most out ...

Web resources about - Performance Monitor - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Avista concept shows Buick's performance potential
Filed under: Design/Style , 2016 Detroit Auto Show , Buick , Coupe , Concept Cars , Performance Buick revealed the 2+2 Avista sports coupe Sunday ...

Paul Scholes Lays into Manchester United After Latest Underwhelming Performance - Bleacher Report
Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes laid into manager Louis van Gaal following another insipid performance in Saturday's 1-0 win ...

Boomer Esiason ‘Embarrassed’ by Bengals’ Performance, Actions in Playoff Loss
NFL commentator Boomer Esiason reacted Saturday night to his former team’s loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the Cincinnati Bengals gift-wrapping ...

Old Spice Ups Innovation, Performance Ante with New Hardest Working Collection Line of Anti-Perspirant/Deodorants ...
Old Spice is taking performance to legendary extremes with the introduction of the new Hardest Working Collection product line, offering the ...

Keep two Macs running at peak performance with this award-winning app
Like all of us, our computers can develop habits over time, not all of them great. Many computers basically become hoarders, getting distracted, ...

‘The Revenant’: Cast & Director On The “Intensity” Of Performances – Featurette
EXCLUSIVE: Making it through Alejandro G. Iñárritu ’s brutal period film The Revenant is as much an endurance test for the audience as it is ...

Weak iPhone sales affect December performance at Taiwan panel makers
Several Taiwan touch panel makers have reported more than 30% on-month revenue declines for December 2015 as a result of weak iPhone 6s and 6s ...

Jimmy Fallon, J.K. Simmons and Billy Joel Pull Off an Epic Impromptu Performance During a Commercial ...
The 'Tonight Show' host and actor joined the musician in a rendition of his doo-wop hit 'The Longest Time.'

Billy Joel: Doo-wop performance on Jimmy Fallon - EW.com
... Jimmy Fallon didn’t even occur on the show. While shooting promos for the broadcast, guest Billy Joel started an unrehearsed doo-wop performance ...