ODBC Driver Connect

I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere using the ODBC SQLDriverConnect() and
specifying the filename of the SQL Anywhere database.

The documentation says it can be done by passing a string specifying the
driver and the database file, but whenever I do this I get an error message:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default
driver specified"

I have tried lots of variations on the connection string but I always get
the same error message. The string I am trying at the moment looks like
this:

Connection:=ODBC;Driver="d:\Program Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere
6.0\win32\dbodbc6.dll";DatabaseFile="d:\Program
Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere
6.0\databases\test.db";Start=d:\Program Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server
Anywhere 6.0\win32\dbeng6.exe  -c 8m

What do I need to pass to make a connection?

John Mann
john.mann@caspiansoftware.com

0
John

Try substituting Driver="Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0"

Steve

John Mann <john.mann@caspiansoftware.com> wrote in message

> I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere using the ODBC SQLDriverConnect() and
> specifying the filename of the SQL Anywhere database.
>
> The documentation says it can be done by passing a string specifying the
> driver and the database file, but whenever I do this I get an error
message:

> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified"
>
> I have tried lots of variations on the connection string but I always get
> the same error message. The string I am trying at the moment looks like
> this:
>
> Connection:=ODBC;Driver="d:\Program Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere
> 6.0\win32\dbodbc6.dll";DatabaseFile="d:\Program
> Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere
> 6.0\databases\test.db";Start=d:\Program Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server
> Anywhere 6.0\win32\dbeng6.exe  -c 8m
>
> What do I need to pass to make a connection?
>
> John Mann
> john.mann@caspiansoftware.com

0
Steve
6/23/1999 9:46:39 AM
Is the ASA ODBC driver installed and configure so that it comes up in
ODBC Admin?
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com

John

Steve Moran wrote in message ...
>Try substituting Driver="Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0"
>
>Steve
>
>John Mann <john.mann@caspiansoftware.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere using the ODBC SQLDriverConnect() and
>> specifying the filename of the SQL Anywhere database.
>>
>> The documentation says it can be done by passing a string specifying the
>> driver and the database file, but whenever I do this I get an error
>message:
>>
>> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default
>> driver specified"
>>
>> I have tried lots of variations on the connection string but I always get
>> the same error message. The string I am trying at the moment looks like
>> this:
>>
>> Connection:=ODBC;Driver="d:\Program Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere
>> 6.0\win32\dbodbc6.dll";DatabaseFile="d:\Program
>> Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere
>> 6.0\databases\test.db";Start=d:\Program Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server
>> Anywhere 6.0\win32\dbeng6.exe  -c 8m
>>
>> What do I need to pass to make a connection?
>>
>> John Mann
>> john.mann@caspiansoftware.com

0
John
6/24/1999 9:28:49 AM
Yes, I can run standard ODBC sessions specifying the name of an ASA ODBC
data source.

John

Jim Egan wrote in message ...
>Is the ASA ODBC driver installed and configure so that it comes up in
>ODBC Admin?
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
>Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com
>Houston, TX

0
John
6/24/1999 9:29:47 AM
I'm using the following dynamic DSN:

"Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0;Start=c:\path\dbeng6.exe -c
20M -q;AStop=No;Uid=DBA;Pwd=SQL;Eng=Engine;DBF=c:\database\file.db;DBN=name;
"

Eric T.

John Mann wrote in message ...

>John Mann
>john.mann@caspiansoftware.com

0
erict

Web resources about - ODBC Driver Connect - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Australian app Sociabl connects fan with their idols
Just into their 20s, cousins Brandon Reynolds and Jarrad Hrotek are set to launch a video call app that connects celebrities with their fans ...

Ford Seeks Out Software to Connect Drones With F-150s
Next time a devastating tsunami or earthquake strikes, Ford Motor Co. wants the rapid-response vehicle to be an F-150 pickup with a drone in ...

Movesum step-tracking app connects how you move with what you eat
... your funny bone . Movesum Lifesum - Healthier living, better eating, more movement Pedometer++ Moves Movesum step-tracking app connects ...

Ford seeks out software to connect drones with F-150s
News about global automotive manufacturing, with an emphasis on U.S. production.

How different networking standards are competing to connect the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) — a vast network of connected devices — is set to become the world’s largest device market over the next decade, ...

SanDisk’s Wireless Connect 200GB Flash Drive Streams and Shares Without Plugging In
The SanDisk Wireless Connect 200GB flash drive is just huge. Besides its size, it also connects over password protected Wi-Fi to let you transfer ...

Solar Plants: UK’s Lightsource Connects 100 MW Of Solar In December
Lightsource Renewable Energy has announced the connection of 23 new sites in December, totaling more than 100MW of new capacity. This is a solid ...