ODBC do not work, OpenClient work????

I try to connect to Asa 6.0.4 last ebf from W2k trough dial-up and
ISDN-router.  I can browse and connect with OpenClient but not with ODBC.  I
have tried all tricks described in the instructions in Sybase site.  Does
anybody know a better ODBC because this made by Sybase do not work.  (Or is
Sybase going to do something to it?)

Pauli Sammalisto

0
Pauli

what tricks did you try ?
What is the problem, or the error message ?
"Pauli Sammalisto" <ent@icon.fi> wrote in message
> I try to connect to Asa 6.0.4 last ebf from W2k trough dial-up and
> ISDN-router.  I can browse and connect with OpenClient but not with ODBC.
> have tried all tricks described in the instructions in Sybase site.  Does
> anybody know a better ODBC because this made by Sybase do not work.  (Or
is
> Sybase going to do something to it?)
>
> Pauli Sammalisto

0
Philip
9/18/2002 9:12:57 AM
I can connect to Sybase through Sybase's ODBC driver without any =
problems.  (My machine does it all the time so I know it's not broken :) =
.... I also connect with FreeTDS, and my ESQL/C applications connect =
using whatever dblib function calls they do.

So ... have you tried turning on any logging on the ODBC and on the =
engine side of things?  Maybe start your dbsrv6 executable with "-zr =
all" (on the command line), and check to see if a connection is even =
being attempted.  Maybe there is a problem with a firewall, IP =
addresses, or maybe it's not finding the server because it's on a =
different subnet.  Can you connect to your server through dbisqlc?  =
(Just making sure ;) ...=20

I would definitely begin by investigating if the server is getting any =
requests.  If dbisqlc can connect, then I'm sure that it's just a matter =
of setting up ODBC correctly.

-kris

> I try to connect to Asa 6.0.4 last ebf from W2k trough dial-up and
> ISDN-router.  I can browse and connect with OpenClient but not with =
ODBC.  I
> have tried all tricks described in the instructions in Sybase site.  =
Does
> anybody know a better ODBC because this made by Sybase do not work.  =
(Or is
> Sybase going to do something to it?)
0
Kris
9/19/2002 4:36:05 AM
There are some things to try in the Sybase document e.g. Host=xxx
(servername or IP address), Port=2638 (server is using) and UseUDP=NO (Asa
6).  Depending which of those I use it takes shorter or longer when I get
the error message Server not found or Server not running.  With OpenClient I
can connect without problems, also I can browse the server.  There has been
some problems because Sybase has written the document.  The problems seems
to be only with W2K, earlier all worked fine when we were using NT.

"Philip SIDGWICK" <philip.sidgwick@noemail.please> wrote in message
> what tricks did you try ?
> What is the problem, or the error message ?
> "Pauli Sammalisto" <ent@icon.fi> wrote in message
> > I try to connect to Asa 6.0.4 last ebf from W2k trough dial-up and
> > ISDN-router.  I can browse and connect with OpenClient but not with
ODBC.
> > have tried all tricks described in the instructions in Sybase site.
Does
> > anybody know a better ODBC because this made by Sybase do not work.  (Or
> is
> > Sybase going to do something to it?)
> >
> > Pauli Sammalisto

0
Pauli
9/19/2002 10:59:53 AM
All worked well before W2k.  Now I can connect by OpenClient  but not by
ODBC.  There is somethimg wrong.  There is a bug in W2k preventing dial-up
through W2K to a computer in another subgroup, but that is not the case now,
there is a ISDN router taking the call.

"Kris Vorwerk" <NOONE@NOONEATTHISADDRESS.ORG> wrote in message
I can connect to Sybase through Sybase's ODBC driver without any problems.
(My machine does it all the time so I know it's not broken :) ... I also
connect with FreeTDS, and my ESQL/C applications connect using whatever
dblib function calls they do.

So ... have you tried turning on any logging on the ODBC and on the engine
side of things?  Maybe start your dbsrv6 executable with "-zr all" (on the
command line), and check to see if a connection is even being attempted.
Maybe there is a problem with a firewall, IP addresses, or maybe it's not
finding the server because it's on a different subnet.  Can you connect to
your server through dbisqlc?  (Just making sure ;) ...

I would definitely begin by investigating if the server is getting any
requests.  If dbisqlc can connect, then I'm sure that it's just a matter of
setting up ODBC correctly.

-kris

> I try to connect to Asa 6.0.4 last ebf from W2k trough dial-up and
> ISDN-router.  I can browse and connect with OpenClient but not with ODBC.
> have tried all tricks described in the instructions in Sybase site.  Does
> anybody know a better ODBC because this made by Sybase do not work.  (Or
is
> Sybase going to do something to it?)

0
Pauli

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

WINDOWS 98 ODBC WITH SQLANYWHERE (versus working WINDOWS 95 ODBC MACHINE)
Our organization recently added a 3rd new PC to our little network. The PC came with WINDOWS 98. The new PC will be a client on the network. Our POWERBUILDER 5.0 / SQLAnywhere application is running fine on the two other machines (using WINDOWS 95 and ODBC drivers to SQLAnywhere). When I run the applicaton through POWERBUILDER on the NEW Windows 98 machine (seperate from the other two Windows 95 machines), I get one of three error messages below. 1) DATABASE ERROR: SQLSTATE 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Unable to connect to database server: unable to start database engine. ...

PXE no work to do... was working
My imaging setup was working friday, and now all of a sudden all I get is "no work to do" I have done a DSREPAIR and still nothing happens... Any ideas? sending PROXY_CMD_PXE_FILE packet proxyGetPXEFilename returned workToDo = 1 proxyGetPXEFilename returned SUCCESS PXE Filename = /cmds/z_auto.cmd pxeProxyInit Success EXIT ZENGetPXEFilename returning (workToDo) 0 EXIT ZENGetPXEFilename returning (filename) /cmds/z_auto.cmd -- joshund On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:19:30 GMT, joshund wrote: > Any ideas? any change? could you post the imgserv log when yo...

unescaping working or not working
I have created a very simple webservice, which returns a string like this : <div>hello world</div>. When returning the string, it is encoded like this:  "\u003cdiv\u003eHello world\u003c/div\u003e". I would then like to place the returned string (in the variable called value) on a div in my HTML like this:        $get('myDiv').innerHTML=unescape(value);But the value is not decoded/unescaped. If I then start firebug and enter: unescape( "\u003cdiv\u003eHello world\u003c/div\u003e") it is decoded/unescaped correct. Wh...

Does not work as Safari works
Name: Norihide Kimura Email: nkimuraatwtadotattdotnedotjp Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Does not work as Safari works Comments: Please refer to the URL http://web.mac.com/nori44/. There is PHOTOS(PARTY) which is clicable name on the topline of the page. When you click of it, ther should be appeared the photographs and you will be able to enjoy slidshows on Mac Safari or Firefox Windows version. But it doesn't work on Firefox Mac version. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; ja-JP-mac; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0 From...

Work offline does not work
Name: Saad Shamsaei Email: saaddotshamsaeiatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Work offline does not work Comments: Hello. i use ff 3.1 beta 2. i usually use work offline. ff3.1b2 was ok. but when i change option->offline storage cashe from 50 to 200 mb my ff got slow and haevy. i delete my offline data. and then browsed the web. but after that my work offline doesnt work! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a...

Report works in 4.0 - ODBC error in 5.0
A report with complex SQL (Unions and subqueries) worked ok last month on existing machine (NT4.0 SvrPack 3 ->Infomaker 4.0 -> MS ODBC -> MS SqlServer 6.5). Powersoft 5.02 (and InfoMaker 5.02) were installed since report was last run. Now the same report yields an error - Select Error Sqlstate=1004 (Microsoft) ODBC Driver Data Truncated. The same report SQL (copy& paste ) works in WISQL ok on the same machine. The report works on another machine with only InfoMaker 4.0 and W95 . The report errors on another NT4.0 machine with only InfoMaker 5.02 Since saveas html...

iManager not works, but apache works
hello, question; the iManager works not. but the apache runs, i can access webpages over the remote manager. how do i have to configure iManager, to work with? thanks for ideas > hello, > > question; the iManager works not. but the apache runs, i can access > webpages over the remote manager. > > how do i have to configure iManager, to work with? > > thanks for ideas Is iManager installed? You can check by going to NWCONFIG > Product Options > View...installed products > iManager 2.5.0 Novell iManager 2.5, or something similar, ...

What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox
Name: Bill Schultz Email: altmailatbresnandotnet Product: Firefox Summary: What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox Comments: If you open http://www.allseeingeye.whatshisface.org in Internet Explorer and click on the links you will hear Audio Files play that are attached to the different web pages. You will also notice dissolve transitions between the pages. When you click on the 1st small eyeball you will see a form appear. Now run the same Web Site in FireFox. 1. No Audio. 2. No page transitions. 3. Instead of the form appearing, FireFox gives an error message. It...

ASPx works at home...not at work
I created a simple aspx page in Visual Studio .NET (2002) and it works great at home. I ran the deployment and created the dll in my bin folder. I then took the whole thing to work and put it on a Win 2000 Server and it just bombs out! Two questions: After "deployment," do I browse to the dll on the server or to the aspx file? What IS the proper method of deployment in VS.NET? Thanks for any help, TRKneller "then took the whole thing to work and put it on a Win 2000 Server" Does this server have the .net framework installed on it. Win2000 servers do...

Dropdowlists work as filters which is working
Hi all, I have 4 dropdownlists work as filters. The records should be returned upon user's last selection, but I use If Else statement in my code in BindtheData() which always goes to the frist If statement and never go others. I mean, when user select a Manager, it will return the manager's information correctly. But then user select a Location, it will still go to the 1st If statement (selectManager) because user had selected manager before, also, SelectedItem.Selected is always true. How can I get around it??? Dim dvJobTesting As New DataView(dataSet.Tables("JobTesting...

Rule working once and then it stops working...
I have a user with Windows XP and GroupWise 6.0 We tried to create a simple rule that replies to any message received stating the user is on vacation. The rule may work once and then it stops working. When I look at the rule and try to "run" it, the message says "Rule Execution Failed." Any idea what could be wrong? That's what it is supposed to, work once and then stop. If you untick/retick the rule, then it should get reset and work again - once per incoming address. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://s...

Why work offline doesnt work ???
shit on firefox. Why work offline doesnt work ??? ...

Order by not working on some joins not working
The following select on a join with order by with ASA 6.0.3 returns all columns as NULL SELECT t603.name, t601.type, t601.usertype, t603.length, t603.status, t603.prec, t603.scale, t602.type FROM dbo.syscolumns t603, dbo.systypes t601, dbo.sysobjects t602, dbo.sysusers t604 WHERE t603.id= t602.id AND t604.uid = t602.uid AND t602.name = 'someTableName' AND t602.type IN ('U', 'S', 'V') AND t603.usertype *= t601.usertype AND t604.name = 'dbo' ORDER BY t603.colid ASC I saw a case nbr 41041878 related to this problem. Is is said to be fixed...

Web resources about - ODBC do not work, OpenClient work???? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

IBM and Canonical Launch Linux- and Cloud-based Desktop Software in the U.S.
Canonical provides engineering, online and professional services to Ubuntu partners and customers worldwide. As the company behind the Ubuntu ...

DIGITAL'S STRONGARM MICROPROCESSOR TO SUPERCHARGE THE NETWORK COMPUTER - Free Online Library
Free Online Library: DIGITAL'S STRONGARM MICROPROCESSOR TO SUPERCHARGE THE NETWORK COMPUTER by "PR Newswire"; Business News, opinion and commentary ...

History of FreeTDS
... In early 1997, the only option for connecting to a Sybase server from Linux or other free systems was an aging Sybase-released version of OpenClient ...

IBM and Canonical Launch Linux- and Cloud-based Desktop Software in the U.S.
Canonical provides engineering, online and professional services to Ubuntu partners and customers worldwide. As the company behind the Ubuntu ...

DIGITAL TARGETS SUPERCHARGED StrongARM CHIP AT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MARKET - Free Online Library
Free Online Library: DIGITAL TARGETS SUPERCHARGED StrongARM CHIP AT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MARKET by "PR Newswire"; Business News, opinion and ...