ODBC connectivity

hi all,

Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese
version)?
Coz I cant connect thr win98(chin) but works in win98(eng).\
If no, where can I find the updated ODBC ?

Thx!

0
DH

Yes, it should work without problems.
What problems/error messages are you seeing?

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering

"DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese
> version)?
> Coz I cant connect thr win98(chin) but works in win98(eng).\
> If no, where can I find the updated ODBC ?
>
> Thx!

0
Jason
7/24/2002 3:13:31 PM
When I tried to connect a ODBC thr a VC++ program, the following error
message prompts up :
Unhandled exception in dbeng6.exe(DBSERV6.DLL): 0XC0000005:Access Violation
Thx .

Jason Hinsperger <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it should work without problems.
> What problems/error messages are you seeing?
>
> --
> Jason Hinsperger
> International and Sustaining Engineering
> iAnywhere Solutions
>

> "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message
> > hi all,
> >
> > Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with
Win98(Chinese
> > version)?
> > Coz I cant connect thr win98(chin) but works in win98(eng).\
> > If no, where can I find the updated ODBC ?
> >
> > Thx!

0
DH
7/25/2002 1:58:14 AM
This has nothing to do with ODBC.
The database server is crashing.  try running "dbeng6.exe -n foo" from the
command line.  Does it work?
If it crashes, check your machine for viruses.  Otherwise, post any error
message you see.
If it does, then try dbeng6 <path and name of your database file>.  Does it
work?

--

> When I tried to connect a ODBC thr a VC++ program, the following error
> message prompts up :
> Unhandled exception in dbeng6.exe(DBSERV6.DLL): 0XC0000005:Access
Violation
> Thx .
>

> Jason Hinsperger <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, it should work without problems.
> > What problems/error messages are you seeing?
> >
> > --
> > Jason Hinsperger
> > International and Sustaining Engineering
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> >

> > "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message
> > > hi all,
> > >
> > > Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with
> Win98(Chinese
> > > version)?
> > > Coz I cant connect thr win98(chin) but works in win98(eng).\
> > > If no, where can I find the updated ODBC ?
> > >
> > > Thx!

0
Jason
7/25/2002 1:56:44 PM
Both works.
There is no problem if I set up the program and the database in Win98(Eng),
so I dont think the database should got any problem either.

Besides, sybase Japanese support also found out the same problem by using
win98(Jap).

Jason Hinsperger <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in
message news:4oLfIT#MCHA.317@forums.sybase.com...
> This has nothing to do with ODBC.
> The database server is crashing.  try running "dbeng6.exe -n foo" from the
> command line.  Does it work?
> If it crashes, check your machine for viruses.  Otherwise, post any error
> message you see.
> If it does, then try dbeng6 <path and name of your database file>.  Does
it
> work?
>
> --
> Jason Hinsperger
> International and Sustaining Engineering
> iAnywhere Solutions
>

> "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message
> >
> > When I tried to connect a ODBC thr a VC++ program, the following error
> > message prompts up :
> > Unhandled exception in dbeng6.exe(DBSERV6.DLL): 0XC0000005:Access
> Violation
> > Thx .
> >

> > Jason Hinsperger <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes, it should work without problems.
> > > What problems/error messages are you seeing?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason Hinsperger
> > > International and Sustaining Engineering
> > > iAnywhere Solutions
> > >

> > > "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message

> > Win98(Chinese

0
DH
7/26/2002 2:02:15 AM
If you haven't already, you'll probably need to contact Technical Support to
get this issue
resolved.  Within North America, you can reach Technical Support
by calling 1-800-8SYBASE.  If you are located outside of North
America, you can find the contact information for your local Sybase
Support Center by going to the Sybase home page at
http://www.sybase.com, clicking on the "Support" link at the top of
the page, and then choosing "Support Centers" from the left hand
frame.

You can always report a bug for free by visiting CaseXpress at
http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm.  When submitting calls
through CaseXpress, please make sure to give an accurate description
of the steps you take to reproduce the bug, and include any
files that may be needed (database, source code) to reproduce the
problem.

--

> Both works.
> There is no problem if I set up the program and the database in
Win98(Eng),
> so I dont think the database should got any problem either.
>
> Besides, sybase Japanese support also found out the same problem by using
> win98(Jap).
>
> Jason Hinsperger <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:4oLfIT#MCHA.317@forums.sybase.com...
> > This has nothing to do with ODBC.
> > The database server is crashing.  try running "dbeng6.exe -n foo" from
the
> > command line.  Does it work?
> > If it crashes, check your machine for viruses.  Otherwise, post any
error
> > message you see.
> > If it does, then try dbeng6 <path and name of your database file>.  Does
> it
> > work?
> >
> > --
> > Jason Hinsperger
> > International and Sustaining Engineering
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> >

> > "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > When I tried to connect a ODBC thr a VC++ program, the following error
> > > message prompts up :
> > > Unhandled exception in dbeng6.exe(DBSERV6.DLL): 0XC0000005:Access
> > Violation
> > > Thx .
> > >

> > > Jason Hinsperger <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Win98(Chinese

0
Jason

ODBC connection to remote SQLANYWHERE database
We have an application that connects to a SQLANYWHERE database on a remote server. When we used an older version of ODBC (version 3.0.28.22 ?) we could connect to the database. When we upgraded ODBC (3.50.36.9 because of a different project) we found that we could no longer connect to the database. It prompts you to log in to the sql and won't connect to the already running database. We are using powerbuilder 5.0.0.4 and SQLANYWHERE 5.5.02. The database is running and the only difference is the ODBC. Does anyone know the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

ODBC Connection to SQLAnywhere 6.0.3 over Internet
Hi folks, I'm trying to set up an ODBC DSN connecting me to a database accessed over Internet. Database server is behind a firewall but I'm told database port was forwarded. When testing DSN I'm getting a database not found error. Log says: Fri Oct 24 2008 13:47 Trying to start Shared Memory link ... Shared Memory link started successfully CONN: Attempting to connect without default DSN using: UID=dba;PWD=xxxxx;DBN=yyyy;ENG=myserver;ASTOP=NO;INT=NO;DBG=YES;LOG=d: \rkacon.log;DMRF=NO;LINKS=TCPIP{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;SERVERPORT=2638;CLIENTPORT=2638;...

Connection ODBC to a ASE 6, updated from SQLAnywhere 5
Hello everyone I have an application written with Power++ 2.0 which accesses a DataBase Source. Up to now this has been by ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 5.0 database. The database has been updated to Adaptive Anywhere Server 6, I installed the ODBC V6 driver on the machine with my client Power++ application and it has stopped working. ( isql with the same data source works OK). I get errors of the type SQL extendedFetch returns SQL_ERROR State 08S01 Native Code -85 : Communication Link failure, communication error What could have gone wrong? Does any one have any ideas please ? ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5 Multi-ODBC Connection Problem
Hi, I have been having a problem establishing two ODBC connections with an SQL Anywhere database. I have one connection being made to the datbase from ClearQuest. I also have a custom written ASP script that connects to this same database. If I am logged in through ClearQuest Web Service and try to run my ASP script, I get an "Unable to connect to database server. Specified database not found" error from my ASP script. However, if I am not logged in on the ClearQeust Web Service, and I run my ASP script, it runs fine. Then if I try to log into the Clear Quest Web Ser...

HELP! Connecting to SQLAnywhere using JavaScript and MS IIE with ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------0E8554B56E65A6100D16B308 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I try to access a SQLAnywhere database from a JavaScript File in MS Iinternet Information Server. I use Microsofts ADO to access the database. ADO uses an ODBC datasource to connect to the DB Server. It works fine with MS SQL Server but it does not with SQLAnywhere. Here my JavaScript Code (which is emedded in a asp file) var XBBSConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"); XBBSConn.CommandTimeout=4000; ...

ODBC connection thru VC++ with SQLAnywhere 5.5 problem
retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc, EView->hwnd(), szConnStrIn5, strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5), szConnStrOut, cbConnStrOutMax, &pcbConnStrOut, SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED); where : szConnStrIn5 = "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;" I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening up this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard Sybase connection dialog. The UID and PWD are alrea...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

SqlAnywhere 9.0 Connection Failed ODBC via network TCP/IP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4aab6840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am currently developing a web using ASP.NET with the requirement to connect to a SqlAnywhere 9.0 database server via network, not LOCAL pc.The problem is i have write a simple test program in .NET, it work in Local pc but when i wish to connect to the other database server locate in other pc in the network, the connection could not establish. I have attached the print screen that i am using the ODBC connection, wh...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

SqlAnywhere ODBC
My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is 5.05.02.1495. Is there a later version and if so where can I download it? Thanks in advance... Phillip McNeill The current version is 5.5.05. To download, go to downloads.sybase.com. You will need to sign up for a Sybase web account which can be done from that page. The ODBC DLL is only part of the required files so make sure that you install the product and not just copy that one file. /ck <Phillip_McNeill> wrote in message news:C1B4F7C79FAC0706000B165B85256A7C.000B166C85256A7C@webforums... > My cur...

odbc connection
I am after a way in PB to automatically create a ODBC datasource connection ?? Can someone point me in the right direction. ***************************************************** John Pallister Network Logic ph: 9687-8800, <mailto:johnp@netlogic.com.au> ****************************************************** On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:22:43 +1100, "John Pallister" <johnp@networklogic.com.au> wrote: >I am after a way in PB to automatically create a ODBC datasource connection >?? Can someone point me in the right direction. You will need to hav...

Web resources about - ODBC connectivity - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...