ODBC connection thru VC++ with SQLAnywhere 5.5 problem

retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc,
  EView->hwnd(),
  szConnStrIn5,
  strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5),
  szConnStrOut,
  cbConnStrOutMax,
  &pcbConnStrOut,
  SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED);

where : szConnStrIn5 =  "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere
5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;"

I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening up
this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that
I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard Sybase
connection dialog. The UID and PWD are already populated in
the dialog. All I have to do is hit the OK button and the database connects
without problems. Why am I getting this dialog prompt when
the UID and PWD are already being supplied and are correct?

I do not have a problem if I am making 2 connections to dbeng50.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TPS

0
Tom

You have the "problem" because you are using   SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED in
your function call.  Change this to one of the other options to not have the
ODBC dialog appear every time you connect.

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering

Tom Starkweather wrote:

> retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc,
>   EView->hwnd(),
>   szConnStrIn5,
>   strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5),
>   szConnStrOut,
>   cbConnStrOutMax,
>   &pcbConnStrOut,
>   SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED);
>
> where : szConnStrIn5 =  "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere
> 5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;"
>
> I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening up
> this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that
> I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard Sybase
> connection dialog. The UID and PWD are already populated in
> the dialog. All I have to do is hit the OK button and the database connects
> without problems. Why am I getting this dialog prompt when
> the UID and PWD are already being supplied and are correct?
>
> I do not have a problem if I am making 2 connections to dbeng50.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> TPS

0
Jason
3/16/2001 9:02:26 PM
I get the sameproblem with SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE and I get an error using
SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT.

Does the connection dialog add anything in addition to UID and PWD??

TPS

"Jason Hinsperger" <jason_hinsperger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You have the "problem" because you are using
SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED in
> your function call.  Change this to one of the other options to not have
the
> ODBC dialog appear every time you connect.
>
> --
> Jason Hinsperger
> International and Sustaining Engineering
> Adaptive Server Anywhere
>

> Tom Starkweather wrote:
>
> > retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc,
> >   EView->hwnd(),
> >   szConnStrIn5,
> >   strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5),
> >   szConnStrOut,
> >   cbConnStrOutMax,
> >   &pcbConnStrOut,
> >   SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED);
> >
> > where : szConnStrIn5 =  "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere

5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;"

> > I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening
up
> > this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that
> > I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard Sybase
> > connection dialog. The UID and PWD are already populated in
> > the dialog. All I have to do is hit the OK button and the database
connects
> > without problems. Why am I getting this dialog prompt when
> > the UID and PWD are already being supplied and are correct?
> >
> > I do not have a problem if I am making 2 connections to dbeng50.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > TPS

0
Tom
3/16/2001 9:26:52 PM
Additional information: I do not have any problem using ASA 7.0
this works fine: "DRIVER={Adaptive Server Anywhere
7.0};DatabaseFile=test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;"

TPS

"Tom Starkweather" <tom@scientexlc.com> wrote in message
> I get the sameproblem with SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE and I get an error using
> SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT.
>
> Does the connection dialog add anything in addition to UID and PWD??
>
> TPS
>
> "Jason Hinsperger" <jason_hinsperger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You have the "problem" because you are using
> SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED in
> > your function call.  Change this to one of the other options to not have
> the
> > ODBC dialog appear every time you connect.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Hinsperger
> > International and Sustaining Engineering
> > Adaptive Server Anywhere
> >

> > Tom Starkweather wrote:
> >
> > > retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc,
> > >   EView->hwnd(),
> > >   szConnStrIn5,
> > >   strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5),
> > >   szConnStrOut,
> > >   cbConnStrOutMax,
> > >   &pcbConnStrOut,
> > >   SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED);
> > >
> > > where : szConnStrIn5 =  "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere

5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;"

> > > I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening
> up
> > > this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that
> > > I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard
Sybase
> > > connection dialog. The UID and PWD are already populated in
> > > the dialog. All I have to do is hit the OK button and the database
> connects
> > > without problems. Why am I getting this dialog prompt when
> > > the UID and PWD are already being supplied and are correct?
> > >
> > > I do not have a problem if I am making 2 connections to dbeng50.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > TPS

0
Tom

SQLAnywhere 5.5 Multi-ODBC Connection Problem
Hi, I have been having a problem establishing two ODBC connections with an SQL Anywhere database. I have one connection being made to the datbase from ClearQuest. I also have a custom written ASP script that connects to this same database. If I am logged in through ClearQuest Web Service and try to run my ASP script, I get an "Unable to connect to database server. Specified database not found" error from my ASP script. However, if I am not logged in on the ClearQeust Web Service, and I run my ASP script, it runs fine. Then if I try to log into the Clear Quest Web Ser...

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 / Win2000 connection problem
We upgraded our SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 server to 5.5.05 ebf 2739 when moving it to Windows 2000. Now we get this error: When one connection (the only client connection) is "working" on the database (not just connected), and another client tries to make a connection to this db server, the application crashes with following message: dbsrv50.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x0048ef5e" referenced memory at "0x0044d1ae". The memory could not be "written". Any idea ? Thanks, Bart Hoet (Belgium) Hi, run the server with ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05
Hello! I have recieved message from "owner-inews-tech-sqlanywhere@sybase.com" with Subject "Delphi users". Where can I obtain new ebf(s)? I found only 5.5.03 in the Software library. (http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html) ==== Subject: Bug Fix / Enhancement (PTrack 479443) - .... Summary: Delphi can't insert Blobs > 32k - SQLBindParameter only inserted the first 32k of a given buffer. Versions affected: 5.5.x Versions fixed: 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05 P4 change number: 52135, 52298 Modules affected: wod50 .... === You'll have to contact Tech ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5 ODBC driver
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------BA2B164F9A2D6643776A387B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Could anybody please tell me if the ODBC driver for SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Windows NT is multithreaded?? I need this information to decide if I should use DB Pools or a database object on Netscape Live Wire. Thanks Thomas --------------BA2B164F9A2D6643776A387B Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Thomas Bednarz Content-Disp...

ODBC Drivers for sqlanywhere 5.5?
I need to connect to a sqlaw 5.5 server through odbc. Can someone please tell me what I have to do/install to get odbc working? TIA John 1) MDAC 2.1 or better will install ODBC 3.51, you can get this at microsoft.com. 2) SA 5.5 Client install will install the ODBC driver you need. <John52> wrote in message news:4DC24ABEC11EE4C600009B0785256A2A.00009B1685256A2A@webforums... > I need to connect to a sqlaw 5.5 server through odbc. Can someone > please tell me what I have to do/install to get odbc working? TIA > > John ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith I already answered this in the general newsgroup. Please do not cross post. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX I only crossed posted because this group has al...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith SQL Anywhere does not support SMP, ASA does but not on Novell. But, it won't hurt to add another processor. The OS will continue to use one and SQL Anywhe...

A little problem with sp on SQLAnywhere 5.5
Hi! I'm trying to understand and use stored procedures with SQLAnywhere 5.5 / PB6 On SQLAnywhere, I've declared my procedure like that : CREATE PROCEDURE sp_test(ident integer,out varcode integer) BEGIN SELECT ent_code INTO varcode FROM entreprise WHERE ent_id=ident END When I'm calling my procedure with ISQL, it works. Now, I declare my sp in PB6 : DECLARE my_sp FOR sp_test ident = :li_ident ; And I'm using it : EXECUTE my_sp; It doesn't works. I'm obtaining SQLCA.Sqlcode = -1 and SQLCA.SQLErrText = 'Transaction not connected'. I...

SQLAnywhere 5.5 Connect to Linux ASA6
What ODBC driver do I need to connect (from win98) SQLAnywhere 5.5 to the Linux Version of SQLAnywhere Studio 6? Charles Munao munaoc@ptdprolog.net You need the ASA version 6 ODBC driver to talk to an ASA version 6 server. -john. Charles Munao wrote: > What ODBC driver do I need to connect (from win98) SQLAnywhere 5.5 to the > Linux Version of > SQLAnywhere Studio 6? > > Charles Munao > > munaoc@ptdprolog.net There is a compatibility driver you would need on the Linux box. I don't know what it is called on Linux. See "compa...

ASP Connection to SQLAnywhere 5.5 Server
Okay people, let me see if any of you all can help me. We are trying to develop a very small web app using Active Server Pages that will access a SQLAnywhere 5.5 Server Db. We have a web server that is upgraded to the latest NT, ODBC, IIS, IE, ADO, everything. The actual database is on another server, part of the same domain. I have a VB app that I wrote that will connect the database, using ADO and ODBC with no problem. How every, our ASP, which has almost the same code, will not. It will not even try to start dbclient. I need some advice here, if possible. I have looked all ...

Connection Pooling with SQLAnywhere 5.5.05
Does anyone know if SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 supports ODBC Connection Pooling? Thanks, Rhett Price IndySoft No. Jason Hinsperger Product Quality Adaptive Server Anywhere Rhett Price wrote: > > Does anyone know if SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 supports ODBC Connection Pooling? > > Thanks, > > Rhett Price > IndySoft ...

Security problem with 5.5.02/ODBC connection
I am using version 5.5.02 Build #1495. When I login into SQL Anywhere as a user that has only "SELECT" rights with ODBC I can use the following functions to update and insert rows: SQLSetPos(hstmt, 1, SQL_UPDATED, SQL_LOCK_NO_CHANGE); SQLSetPos(hstmt, 1, SQL_ADD, SQL_LOCK_NO_CHANGE); They shouldn't work when I only have SELECT rights!!!!! When I use SQLExecDirect("UPDATE DBA.mytable SET column1 = ? WHERE column2 = ? AND table_ID = ?"); the function fails as excepted. Has anyone else had this problem? is there a bug fix? Hi Wally, We have repr...

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

Web resources about - ODBC connection thru VC++ with SQLAnywhere 5.5 problem - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere