ODBC connection string

Hello,
anywhere 5.5
I'm trying to conntct to non running database using SQLDriverConnect.
The string looks like:
'DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;DBF=e:\art\base\db_card.db;UID=DBA;PWD=123'
When i connect to dtabase using that, a small box prompting for user id and
a password input appears. User id and password fields in the dialog box
being filled and all i left to do is clicking on the 'OK' button.

How to get rid of that nasty window?

ILiya

All you have to do is in your connection parameter use
ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT'

Erol Beynam
Stanley Associates, Inc.

"ILiya" <iliya@rw.arh.ru> wrote in message
> Hello,
> anywhere 5.5
> I'm trying to conntct to non running database using SQLDriverConnect.
> The string looks like:
> 'DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywhere
5.0;DBF=e:\art\base\db_card.db;UID=DBA;PWD=123'
> When i connect to dtabase using that, a small box prompting for user id
and
> a password input appears. User id and password fields in the dialog box
> being filled and all i left to do is clicking on the 'OK' button.
>
> How to get rid of that nasty window?
>
> Thanks

0
Erol

Help with ODBC connection string
OK, here's what I'm using. Server: 5.5.03 build 1666 Client: 5.5.03 build 1698 ODBC Driver : 5.5.03 build 1698 The DSN is using Custom Database Startup, under Options I have told it to run DBCLIENT, Agent is set to Client, and Isolation Level is set to 1. Now no matter whether I specify the User ID, Password, Server Name, and DB Name in the Data Source; or I pass the DSN, UID, PWD, ENG, and DBN in the connection string, I get the same error message. (Happens if I pass the DBF too) [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: cannot be started -- No such ...

VB5/ODBC Connect Strings
I'm trying to set up an app that uses Sybase 11 via ODBC ov TCP/IP. The key problem is that, while I can connect to teh datasource if I let the ODBC driver pop any needed dialogs, if I try to do dbDriverNoPrompt then I consistently get ODBC Call Failed errors. SybPing finds the Server and SQL Central works with the current SQL.INI config. What I need are examples of Connect Strings that will access a DSN without ANY prompting for additional information. Everything should be specified in the Connect String. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, and please respond via E...

Need help translating dbisql connect string to jdbc connect string
I am not very familiar with Sybase database systems and tools, but have managed to install and use "dbisql" to retrieve data from a command line script like this: dbisql @options.conf @readHours.sql > clockPunches.txt The options.conf file looks like this: -c "UID=clockReader;PWD=********;ENG=tkcdb_image-2;DBN=krdb;LINKS=ALL"; I think we are using ASA SQLAnywhere. I have "jconn3.jar" and "jTDS3.jar" in my classpath. The database is running on a server called "image-2", and the the string in the "options.conf"...

ODBC connection string to different servers
Hello everyone, I need suggestion and if possible need some help. Can we change/create the ODBC connection string to another system through asp.net. I have searched and find that we can make ODBC connection on the local System. But i need to change/create the ODBC connection to another system by my asp.net application.   regards,   naveed ali123: Hello everyone, I need suggestion and if possible need some help. Can we change/create the ODBC connection string to another system through asp.net. I have searched and find that we can make ODBC connection on the local Syst...

app.config connection string not being read
I have a Web app that has a UI Website Project and a DB dataset/db project. I am running SQL Server 2005 Express on my localhost for development purposes. I have the connectionstring for the DB in the DB projects app.config. The site is running perfectly on my localhost, but when I deploy the site to the review server and change the app.config's connectionstring accordingly a connection to the DB cannot be established. I then tried changing all the db names, usernames, password to jibberish in my app.config file on my localhost and running AND THE SITE STILL RAN ON LOCALHOST. For so...

ODBC connection to remote SQLANYWHERE database
We have an application that connects to a SQLANYWHERE database on a remote server. When we used an older version of ODBC (version 3.0.28.22 ?) we could connect to the database. When we upgraded ODBC (3.50.36.9 because of a different project) we found that we could no longer connect to the database. It prompts you to log in to the sql and won't connect to the already running database. We are using powerbuilder 5.0.0.4 and SQLANYWHERE 5.5.02. The database is running and the only difference is the ODBC. Does anyone know the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

ODBC Connection String in ASP.NET
Can anyone help me figure out how to get an ASP.NET application to connect to an ASA 7 engine on the computer using the web program? The database has a definite user DSN in ODBC...but if it can't be done there are ways to figure out the server name onthe ASA engine. Thanks! The first thing to try is switching to a System DSN. There are probably other tips that I'm forgetting but a User DSN is likely not going to be sufficient. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8 Sybase Certified Profe...

sqlanywhere connection string for ASP .Net
Hello All Can anyone give me Idea how to connect sqlanywhere5.0 DB through ASP dot Net. Is it possible with ODBC or not. Please tell me the detail step required to do this. Thanks The only option is via ODBC (SQL Anywhere 5 had limited connectivity options i.e. no ADO). You will need ODBC.NET or use the OLE/ODBC bridge via ADO as the connectivity option and provide a connection string such as "DSN=<your dsn>;uid=dba;pwd=sql" -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 *********************************************...

Encrypt ODBC connection string on web.config
Hi, I want to encrypt my connection string on my web.config file, is there any code to do that? My connection is ODBC and I'm trying to add security to my site!Thanks!Best regards,David Ribeiro Use Windows' file encryption for this. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. And how do I do that?Best regards,David Ribeiro Which, encode the connection string or the web.config?  For the connection string: http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2005/07/29/421063.a...

ODBC dsn-less Connection string problem
Hello all, I have a webservice built with .NET 2003, that is running at a remote client site, that is running SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0.3. For some reason the WebService is unable to connect to their database. I tested on my dev box with SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0 with no problems, however; at the client site is returns the error: ERROR [08001] [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] Invalid connection string attribute Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] In...

General Question connection strings and project classes
I have a project in VS 2005 using vb.net.  My connection string is set in my web.config.  My question is if there is gonna be be a problem on how i get that connection string when multiple users are using my project to access a database.  Right now I only have one class my apps code file and its called dbcon.  The first function in the class is below Public Shared Function dbcon() As SqlConnection Dim scon As String scon = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("DGFMedservConnectionString1").ToString Dim con As New SqlConnection(scon) Return con End Function In my ...

Adding a connection string via IIS Managment Console does not work when using connection string with Enterprise Library.
When deploying an update to our website, we sometimes need to add a connection string for a new database.  We'd like our IT guys (the ones actually doing the deployment) to be able to add the connection string using the IIS Management Console instead of directly editing the XML for web.config.  The problem is that when connection strings are added this way, the providerName attribute is not specified for the connection string.  This typically isn't a problem because I use SqlDataSources in most places on the website and it seems like they default to System.Data.SqlClie...

ODBC Connection and DataReader truncates strings to 512 bytes?
I'm querying some long text fields from several different db vendors, so I'm using an odbc connection. It appears that the data reader truncates the string text to 512 bytes.  Is there a way around this?  Nevermind.  It was my day to be stupid. :)...

Web resources about - ODBC connection string - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...