ODBC Connection error

I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to
connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied
ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the
age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997).

My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of
from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for
ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know.

I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being
supported/developed. Could someone give me an overview of its current
status? Sybase appear only to be interested in ASA 12.*

Please feel free to email replies directly to me, as well as posting here.

Thanks

Martyn Hodgson (martyn.hodgson@cdesolutions.com)
CDE Solutions Ltd
UK
0
martyn

SQL Anywhere 5.x is not longer a supported product. See
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288 for more details.

To get the latest version of the SQL Anywhere 5.x, including the ODBC
driver,
1) Go to http://downloads.sybase.com
2) Select SQL Anywhere Studio
3) Expand Timeframe to 'ALL' and click 'GO'
4) Download and apply the SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Maintenace Release
5) Download and apply the SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 EBF to build 2817

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

<martyn.hodgson@cdesolutions.com> wrote in message
> I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to
> connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied
> ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the
> age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997).
>
> My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of
> from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for
> ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know.
>
> I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being
> supported/developed. Could someone give me an overview of its current
> status? Sybase appear only to be interested in ASA 12.*
>
> Please feel free to email replies directly to me, as well as posting here.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martyn Hodgson (martyn.hodgson@cdesolutions.com)
> CDE Solutions Ltd
> UK

0
Chris

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC error by connect
I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How can I solve this problem? PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path. /ck <John_O'brien> wrote in message news:FA45F1550D806FFB00723AD185256B7C.00723B3985256B7C@webforums... > I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power > Builder, I...

Connection Error in ODBC
I have the next error: [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client Library error: error string not available. The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. The S.O. is Windows 2000 or XP ..... Can send me anything... for this problem..!!!!!!! Thanks... Sergio_Blanco wrote... > I have the next error: > > [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client > Library error: error string not available. > > The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. > The S.O. is Windows 2000 or X...

ODBC Connection Error
Good Day! We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK. I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment of a COM component. I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my odbc setup or i was not av...

sqlanywhere ODBC error
I had a strange problem with crystal report 5.0. I create a stored proc in sybase SQLAnywhere. When I try to insert it into crystal report, I got an error: ODBC error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]An invalid ibScale value was specified The stored procedure I try to insert has one parameter char(10). If I changed the parameter type to decimal(10), it works fine. Platform: window95 version: sqlanywhere 5.5.02 Anybody see this before? Any suggestion? ...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

ODBC Connection Error
Hi, I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) : "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver." My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code : sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Any idea of the problem ??? Thanks Steve Which version of the net8 cl...

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

Error in ODBC connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4111bbc5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a Sybase ASE12.5 server installed on a Sun solaris machine. The server is working fine. I can connect to it from the xterminal and also from the Sybase 12.5 client. Now I need to confidure the ODBC connection too. I installed the Sybase DirectConnect TDS driver. But am not able to connect. I provided the right server ip, prot number, username and password but I keep getting the "DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION&quo...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection error - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...

Facebook's News Feed is gentler on your flaky phone connection
Facebook might depend on the internet, but the social network knows that people don't always have good internet connections. You may be knocked ...