ODBC cannot connect

Hi,

I am trying to connect to ASA 6.0.4 ebf 3795 from W2k SP2 over Dial-up
network and through a router.  All works fine if I use Sybase Central but
ODBC gives different error messages when testing the connection depending on
having given PORT and/or UseUDP=NO parameters.  The connection worked
earlier when I used NT4.0.  I have read those articles about the subject in
Sybase site but could not solve the problem.  Any ideas??

Rgs.
Pauli Sammalisto

0
Pauli

ODBC connection to remote SQLANYWHERE database
We have an application that connects to a SQLANYWHERE database on a remote server. When we used an older version of ODBC (version 3.0.28.22 ?) we could connect to the database. When we upgraded ODBC (3.50.36.9 because of a different project) we found that we could no longer connect to the database. It prompts you to log in to the sql and won't connect to the already running database. We are using powerbuilder 5.0.0.4 and SQLANYWHERE 5.5.02. The database is running and the only difference is the ODBC. Does anyone know the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

ODBC Connection to SQLAnywhere 6.0.3 over Internet
Hi folks, I'm trying to set up an ODBC DSN connecting me to a database accessed over Internet. Database server is behind a firewall but I'm told database port was forwarded. When testing DSN I'm getting a database not found error. Log says: Fri Oct 24 2008 13:47 Trying to start Shared Memory link ... Shared Memory link started successfully CONN: Attempting to connect without default DSN using: UID=dba;PWD=xxxxx;DBN=yyyy;ENG=myserver;ASTOP=NO;INT=NO;DBG=YES;LOG=d: \rkacon.log;DMRF=NO;LINKS=TCPIP{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;SERVERPORT=2638;CLIENTPORT=2638;...

Connection ODBC to a ASE 6, updated from SQLAnywhere 5
Hello everyone I have an application written with Power++ 2.0 which accesses a DataBase Source. Up to now this has been by ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 5.0 database. The database has been updated to Adaptive Anywhere Server 6, I installed the ODBC V6 driver on the machine with my client Power++ application and it has stopped working. ( isql with the same data source works OK). I get errors of the type SQL extendedFetch returns SQL_ERROR State 08S01 Native Code -85 : Communication Link failure, communication error What could have gone wrong? Does any one have any ideas please ? ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5 Multi-ODBC Connection Problem
Hi, I have been having a problem establishing two ODBC connections with an SQL Anywhere database. I have one connection being made to the datbase from ClearQuest. I also have a custom written ASP script that connects to this same database. If I am logged in through ClearQuest Web Service and try to run my ASP script, I get an "Unable to connect to database server. Specified database not found" error from my ASP script. However, if I am not logged in on the ClearQeust Web Service, and I run my ASP script, it runs fine. Then if I try to log into the Clear Quest Web Ser...

HELP! Connecting to SQLAnywhere using JavaScript and MS IIE with ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------0E8554B56E65A6100D16B308 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I try to access a SQLAnywhere database from a JavaScript File in MS Iinternet Information Server. I use Microsofts ADO to access the database. ADO uses an ODBC datasource to connect to the DB Server. It works fine with MS SQL Server but it does not with SQLAnywhere. Here my JavaScript Code (which is emedded in a asp file) var XBBSConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"); XBBSConn.CommandTimeout=4000; ...

ODBC connection thru VC++ with SQLAnywhere 5.5 problem
retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc, EView->hwnd(), szConnStrIn5, strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5), szConnStrOut, cbConnStrOutMax, &pcbConnStrOut, SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED); where : szConnStrIn5 = "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;" I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening up this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard Sybase connection dialog. The UID and PWD are alrea...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

SqlAnywhere 9.0 Connection Failed ODBC via network TCP/IP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4aab6840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am currently developing a web using ASP.NET with the requirement to connect to a SqlAnywhere 9.0 database server via network, not LOCAL pc.The problem is i have write a simple test program in .NET, it work in Local pc but when i wish to connect to the other database server locate in other pc in the network, the connection could not establish. I have attached the print screen that i am using the ODBC connection, wh...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

SqlAnywhere ODBC
My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is 5.05.02.1495. Is there a later version and if so where can I download it? Thanks in advance... Phillip McNeill The current version is 5.5.05. To download, go to downloads.sybase.com. You will need to sign up for a Sybase web account which can be done from that page. The ODBC DLL is only part of the required files so make sure that you install the product and not just copy that one file. /ck <Phillip_McNeill> wrote in message news:C1B4F7C79FAC0706000B165B85256A7C.000B166C85256A7C@webforums... > My cur...

odbc connection
I am after a way in PB to automatically create a ODBC datasource connection ?? Can someone point me in the right direction. ***************************************************** John Pallister Network Logic ph: 9687-8800, <mailto:johnp@netlogic.com.au> ****************************************************** On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:22:43 +1100, "John Pallister" <johnp@networklogic.com.au> wrote: >I am after a way in PB to automatically create a ODBC datasource connection >?? Can someone point me in the right direction. You will need to hav...

Web resources about - ODBC cannot connect - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
Apple has announced the dates for the annual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect. As in the previous year , Apples developer portal is scheduled ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

App connects seniors across the globe
The start-up behind the app raised $1 million in its first six months and has grown to serve a global user base of 25,000.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...