ODBC - ASA connection error on NT 4.0 Server

Hi,

I am attempting to create an ODBC profile in (in ODBC administrator) and
"test connect", and I get "Connection failed: Request to start/stop database
denied".  This happens on a database just created via Sybase Central on an
NT 4.0 Server.

I can create the profile and connect just fine on my Win98 client - Win 98
ODBC profile connects just fine to DB created on the NT4.0 or the Win98.

Any Ideas? TIA!!!

0
Phil

this error comes if you try to connect to an server (dbsrv6) and the db file
needs to be loaded at runtime. If the db file was in the startline of dbsrv6
you will not see the error. Also if you are logged into another db
with DBA permissions you can start a db file at runtime using the START
DATABASE sql command.

To make a successful connection the best is to
1) add the db file to the dbsrv6 command line     OR
1) to specify the dbsrv6 command line with -gdall

Cheers,

Hartmut Branz
Sybase Product Support Engineering
Adaptive Server Anywhere

Phil Bohnenkamp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to create an ODBC profile in (in ODBC administrator) and
> "test connect", and I get "Connection failed: Request to start/stop database
> denied".  This happens on a database just created via Sybase Central on an
> NT 4.0 Server.
>
> I can create the profile and connect just fine on my Win98 client - Win 98
> ODBC profile connects just fine to DB created on the NT4.0 or the Win98.
>
> Any Ideas? TIA!!!

0
Hartmut