ODBC 3.0...can't connect anymore via Powerbuilder

I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and
agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0...
Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from
Powerbuilder.  I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral.

When I try to connect from the database painter

1) the db engine fires up
2)  I log in, and this seems to go fine
3) I get the message: "An error occurred, yet no message was returned by
the database driver."

And then the connection fails.

I thought it was that PB didn't fully upgrade ODBC or something, so I
installed NT Service Pack 3 (that comes with ODBC 3.0).  The problem
persists, however.

I don't see any other messages in the newsgroup about this.  Am I the
only person having these troubles?  I've been using this stuff for years
and I'm familiar with all the typical problems.  This time I'm beside
myself.
0
Art

Hi there Art,

I faced the exact same problems you had. I did some tests before
reinstalling everything and this is what I found:

1) From within PB, I could connect to some but not all of my databases.
I though it was a matter of what engine version the db had been built
with, but when I checked on that, it didn't turn out to be the case.

2) Like you said, SQL Central and ISQL could connect without problems.

3) From a runtime version of my app (EXE/PBDs), I was able to connect to
those same dbs the PB development environment wasn't able to!!!???

Still in the process of testing, I installed 5.0.02 on top of 5.0.03 (!),
and it started working correctly. Eventually, I'll have to de-install PB
and reinstall up to 5.0.03 without ODBC 3.0.

Now, this has me worried. Suppose I need to do a client installation
tomorrow. I tell them to buy the SQLA package, which most likely be
5.5.02 including ODBC 3.0. If its behaviour is undeterministic on my
controlled development environment, there's no way I can ensure it'll
work on the client's machine, because I don't have a clue on how to solve
any problem that might show up.

From what I've heard, there's a problem with ODBC 3.0, which Microsoft
says is backward-compatible, but evidence says it's not quite so (doesn't
surprise me <g>).

Is there any place to get an official statement on this issue of SQLA and
ODBC 3.0? I mean like recommended procedures or policies on how to deal
with it.

Thanks in advance,

--
Juan Bautista Nunez R.
Softronix, Inc.

In article <33D5B920.BA2582DC@machado.com>,
dated Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:56:17 -0700, Art Machado says...
> I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and
> agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0...
> Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from
> Powerbuilder.  I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral.
>
> When I try to connect from the database painter
>
> 1) the db engine fires up
> 2)  I log in, and this seems to go fine
> 3) I get the message: "An error occurred, yet no message was returned by
> the database driver."
>
> And then the connection fails.
>
> I thought it was that PB didn't fully upgrade ODBC or something, so I
> installed NT Service Pack 3 (that comes with ODBC 3.0).  The problem
> persists, however.
>
> I don't see any other messages in the newsgroup about this.  Am I the
> only person having these troubles?  I've been using this stuff for years
> and I'm familiar with all the typical problems.  This time I'm beside
> myself.

0
Juan
7/23/1997 5:54:12 PM
I was able to get the PB dev. environment to connect finally by adding
the following to the end of my database profile's dbParm:

Connectoption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT, SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT'

I tried this based on someone's recommendation in the newsgroup for
another similar problem.  I have NO IDEA why this works. It seems
unrelated.  But it works...
0
Art
7/24/1997 2:50:11 PM
I have the same problem here.  Running PB 5.0.03, also DataArchitect 6.0
(which I think installed ODBC 3.0, but didn't ask).  Also installed client
software for SQLAny 5.5 on a clean machine (NT workstation w/ SP 3).  Am
having connect problems, same as you.

In addition, I am having fits on a Win95 system, same versions as installed
above.  On this box, I am getting kernel32 errors and rundll errors when
attempting to access ODBC administrator outside of PB.  I have had some
success by editing the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files directly, but would
like to be able to use the ODBC 32bit administrator without these errors.

Hope someone has some suggestions or insights into these problems!

Art Machado <art@machado.com> wrote in article
<33D5B920.BA2582DC@machado.com>...
> I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and
> agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0...
> Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from
> Powerbuilder.  I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral.

0
KDelozier
8/22/1997 2:05:02 AM
The odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files are only used in 16 bit.  32 bit uses
the registry.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Greetings all! I have this weird error "ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)" on my website that is supposed to connect to a MySQL database on a different server (NOT localhost). Here's the scenario: I develop my ASP.Net 2.0 website on my PC using this connection string for my ObjectDataSource: <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server:localhost; database=MYDBASE;uid=MYUID;pwd=MYPWD" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" /> After testing and finding all pages working fine, I changed my co...

ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050)
Hi  I am facing problems with connecting to MySQL, I am using the same settings as before and earlier I was able to connect. I formatted the machine and now am getting problems.The following is my connection string:<add key="ConnectionString" value="Driver={mySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=servername;Database=dbname;Uid=uid;Pwd=pwd;Option=3;" />and I receive the following error:ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050) Please help me on this front. ThanksSandyLooking to check the time, goto http://whatisthe...

Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0
Hi,I unzip DNN3.1.1 package and conver to my DNN original directory (ver 3.1.0) and install successfully.But when i login in 'host' or 'admin' account, it display 'Login Failed' ,so i tried to clean cookies in IE and also delete my portal aliases in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\. But it still can't login by any account.Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I can't swear to this, but it seems I've had problems in the past with account resets in this situation. Have you tried logging in as Host with the default password "host"...

i can't install firefox 3.0,neither 3.0.3
Name: fernando colan Email: sysman0412athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: i can't install firefox 3.0,neither 3.0.3 Comments: i was using firefox by years but recently i was problem trying to get www.peliculasyonquis.con, and unistalled, then i tried to inall, again many times and aprently all is good but, no appear nothing, in the desktop and programs. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Moved to PB 9.0.3, and now I can't build...because I can't see any objects in the PBDOM.PBD files
I tried to do a build just now, my first since moving to 9.0.3, Build 8004 from 9.0.2, and it failed. Invalid object soapexeption... Say what? Well, when I look at my Sybase PBDs, there aren'y any objects listed in these PBDs. Okay, so invalid is the correct error, but where did the objects go? The files aren't empty... Is there a way to regenerate the object list? c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbdom90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbejbclient90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbsoapclient90.pbd; I also have ...

3.0.8 Admin can't extend expiry & host can't assign premium module cost
Am I missing something here? In 2.1.2 admins go into their site settings to pay/extend their hosting and add premium modules, but these options don't appear when I log in as a child portals admin in 3.0.8. The cost/expiry date and assigned premium modules etc. are visible as the host, but there is no way for the admin to pay or add premium modules to their portal... Also, as the host, after setting a module as premium, it allows me to assign a premium module to a portal, but there is no option to associate an additional cost as there was in 2.1.2. Are these bugs? Or am i missing someth...

Intermittantly can't connect to database since 6.0.3 3058 (6.0.4)
Since version 6.0.3 we have stability problems. We recently updated to EBF 3058 and to 6.0.4 and now encounter also problems with connecting after the startup of the database. After starting the database often no client can connect to it. All applications which try to connect hang forever. The database can also not be shutdown, but has to be killed or the server has to be rebooted. I used the -z and -o switches to create a log file. The log files shows that the engine is started. It seems that the problem lies in the communication part of the ASA. The database server runs on a double ...

Can't set up Watcom 4.0 ODBC driver on NT 3.51 or 4.0
When I try to set up a datasource using ODBC and the Watcom 4.0 drivers, I click OK, then retunr to setup and all of my ODBC settings are gone. The Watcom ODBC driver will not save my settings, only the datasource name. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, G. Crisp gcrisp@mindspring.com ...

Can't connect PB 5.0 to Oracle 7.3 since Ip's adresses changed
Hi, I'm Running PB 5.0 on Oracle 7.3, but I can't get connected to the database from the designer since I Change the ip's adresses, I don't understand because I do the tnsping succesfully.. Somebody has an idea about it? Thanks JEsus Gutierrez ...

Insert, Update and Select don't work with cyrillic in ASA 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 via ODBC
Hi, All was OK with cyrillic in ASA 6.0.1. When I insert or update, cyrillic text saves in database as ???????? When I select with search-condition in cyrillic no rows are retrieved. Using prepared statements in ODBC work fine, but not every think can do using prepared statements. Now we have to work with Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine Version 6.0.3.2747 and ODBC client 6.0.1. Is there enyone, who knows what to do Veselin Ivanov There have been many changes with different character sets over the last few releases. This is what I recommned you do as a...

Can't logout in 3.0.12, 3.1.0
I now have DNN 3.1.0 installed.  I' just unable to logout.  I'm currently logged on as host but pressing the logout button only brings me to the home page.  I'm still logged on, I still see the logout button, I still see the administrator only modules, can edit modules, etc.Has anyone else faced this? Can anyone explain or help me logout. Some extra information.I'm hosted at websecurestores.com.  I'm not sure which version of IIS they use.This is pretty basic, small install.This is with 3.1.0, but I saw that with the previous release.  I hoped upgrading would fi...

Can't connect with SuSE 11.0 but can connect with Windoze XP
Hello, everyone. I've moved this post from the laptop forum by request. My wireless lappy works just fine at home and in most other travel situations. But on more than one occasion I have not been able to connect wirelessly from a hotel room while colleagues with Windoze computers have been. I'm running SuSE 11.0. Previously running SuSE 10.0. Examples: 1) While using SuSE 10.0 I could not connect from the hotel room work desk. But the person with whom I was traveling could connect from the same desk using his Windoze XP lappy. I had to move down to the lobby to conne...

Can't connect to servlet in Jaguar 3.0
Hello, I made a http servlet and put it in Jaguar (in Installed Servlets). The servlet compile correctly, placed in %JAGUAR%/java/classes. When I use the 'Start' command un sybase central, I have a 'Loading: D:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.0\java\classes\teste\ConnexionHttp.class', ok. But, when I'm call it by a web browser, (http://192.168.0.29:8080/servlet/teste.connexionhttp) I have a error which say 'ERROR 312 -- Cannot connect to the server ' I suppose the server for servlet isn't work or the port is not correct. Someone can help me ...

Web resources about - ODBC 3.0...can't connect anymore via Powerbuilder - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles