No primary key value for foreign key 'ISYSTABCOL' in table 'ISYSCOLPERM'

Hi all,

running SA 10.0.1.3686 and .3712 on Win 2003 Server SP1.

The above message appears when I try to add a column to a table.
It's just a simple one:
   alter table dbo.T_MaZuGavAktion
      add fkz_BeilageNrLautVersand int check (@Wert > 0) null;

There is a view based on this table, and several users have been granted
update column rights on this view.

It is only possible to execute the "ALTER TABLE ADD column null" statement
when I revoke the update column rights from the view before (and re-grant
them afterwards).

That happened once in the past weeks and again today. Adjusting the column
rights is easy to do (at least as soon as this workaround is known :)). The
worse part on it is that the server crashed several times during the attempt
to do the simple ALTER TABLE (before I revoked the column rights), so there
might be more to this.
I can reproduce the problem on a different (Win2K) box.

Is this a known problem?

The system is running, and backups are working, so fortunately I'm not in
need for tech support, but maybe iAnywhere is interested in more details?

Volker

0
Volker

Absolutely we are interested, Volker. If you can package up a simple
repro, my team will be happy to look at it in short order.

Glenn

--
Glenn Paulley
Director, Engineering (Query Processing)

Blog: http://iablog.sybase.com/paulley

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
  choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://case-express.sybase.com

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
Sybase iAnywhere pages at
http://www.sybase.com/products/databasemanagement/sqlanywhere/technicalsupport
0
Glenn
6/27/2008 12:51:55 PM
Well, I guess in the short term I can only offer the complete DB and the
accordings logs (about 2.5 GB). During my attempts, I had unloaded the DB
which reduced the size to about 1.4 GB but hasn't solved the problems. So
maybe the unloaded DB would do, too.

In the cases where the server crashed, in some cases (but not in all) that
lead to problems with later attempts to valid as stated in the server log:

I. 26.06 20:48:11. Maintenance plan MT_ValidateDb for Abgleich on GDV_Server
started on 2008-06-26 at 20:48:11.456
I. 26.06 20:48:11. Disabling new connections started on 2008-06-26 at
20:48:11.456
I. 26.06 20:48:11. Disabling new connections finished on 2008-06-26 at
20:48:11.456
I. 26.06 20:48:11. Validation started on 2008-06-26 at 20:48:11.456
I. 26.06 20:48:11. Validating database pages
I. 26.06 20:48:43. Cachegr��e berichtigt auf 669708 KByte
I. 26.06 20:49:43. Cachegr��e berichtigt auf 692864 KByte
I. 26.06 20:50:43. Cachegr��e berichtigt auf 713020 KByte
I. 26.06 20:51:20. The maintenance plan has ended because of the following
error:
I. 26.06 20:51:20. Laufzeit-SQL-Fehler - Datenbankvalidierung f�r
Datenbankdatei "D:\DATA\Abgleich\Abgleich.db" fehlgeschlagen
I. 26.06 20:51:20. SQLSTATE: 40000
I. 26.06 20:51:20. SQLCODE:  -300
I. 26.06 20:51:20. Re-enabling new connections started on 2008-06-26 at
20:51:20.806

As to a small repro, I don't feel able to check for one in the next days.

So please let me know if it makes sense for your team to look at the
complete db.

Volker

"Glenn Paulley [iablog.sybase.com/paulley]" <paulley@ianywhere.com> wrote in
> Absolutely we are interested, Volker. If you can package up a simple
> repro, my team will be happy to look at it in short order.
>
> Glenn
>
> Volker Barth wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > running SA 10.0.1.3686 and .3712 on Win 2003 Server SP1.
> >
> > The above message appears when I try to add a column to a table.
> > It's just a simple one:
> >    alter table dbo.T_MaZuGavAktion
> >       add fkz_BeilageNrLautVersand int check (@Wert > 0) null;
> >
> > There is a view based on this table, and several users have been granted
> > update column rights on this view.
> >
> > It is only possible to execute the "ALTER TABLE ADD column null"
statement
> > when I revoke the update column rights from the view before (and
re-grant
> > them afterwards).
> >
> > That happened once in the past weeks and again today. Adjusting the
column
> > rights is easy to do (at least as soon as this workaround is known :)).
The
> > worse part on it is that the server crashed several times during the
attempt
> > to do the simple ALTER TABLE (before I revoked the column rights), so
there
> > might be more to this.
> > I can reproduce the problem on a different (Win2K) box.
> >
> > Is this a known problem?
> >
> > The system is running, and backups are working, so fortunately I'm not
in
> > need for tech support, but maybe iAnywhere is interested in more
details?

> > Volker
> >

> --
> Glenn Paulley
> Director, Engineering (Query Processing)
> Sybase iAnywhere
>
> Blog: http://iablog.sybase.com/paulley
>
> EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
>   choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all
>
> To Submit Bug Reports: http://case-express.sybase.com
>
> SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
> http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
> Sybase iAnywhere pages at

http://www.sybase.com/products/databasemanagement/sqlanywhere/technicalsupport

0
Volker
6/27/2008 1:32:10 PM
By coincidence, the same problem was reported separately earlier this week
(issue 534294). We already have a simple repro for it and are working on a
fix. Until the fix is available, the only known workaround is to drop the
column update permissions on the dependent view before altering the
underlying table.

SQL Anywhere Developer Community:
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
SQL Anywhere Blog Center: http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs

"Volker Barth" <No_VBarth@Spam_GLOBAL-FINANZ.de> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > I can reproduce the problem on a different (Win2K) box.
>> >
>> > Is this a known problem?
>> >
>> > The system is running, and backups are working, so fortunately I'm not
> in
>> > need for tech support, but maybe iAnywhere is interested in more
> details?
>> >

>> > Volker
>> >

>> --
>> Glenn Paulley
>> Director, Engineering (Query Processing)
>> Sybase iAnywhere
>>
>> Blog: http://iablog.sybase.com/paulley
>>
>> EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
>>   choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all
>>
>> To Submit Bug Reports: http://case-express.sybase.com
>>
>> SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
>> http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
>>
>> Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the

Bruce
6/27/2008 2:34:40 PM
Bruce, thanks for the information.
Does your repro also lead to server crashes as I mentioned?
Or do I have to think that this is due to a different problem?

Volker

"Bruce Hay" <h_a_y~a_t~i_a_n_y_w_h_e_r_e~d_o_t~c_o_m> wrote in
> [...]
> >>
> >> Glenn

> > statement
> > re-grant

> > column
> > The
> > attempt
> > there

> > in
> > details?

> >> --
> >> Glenn Paulley
> >> Director, Engineering (Query Processing)
> >> Sybase iAnywhere
> >>
> >> Blog: http://iablog.sybase.com/paulley
> >>
> >> EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
> >>   choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all
> >>
> >> To Submit Bug Reports: http://case-express.sybase.com
> >>
> >> SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
> >> http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
> >>
> >> Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the

6/27/2008 2:39:04 PM
Yes, a server crash is possible after this error has been reported.

> [...]
>> > I. 26.06 20:48:11. Validating database pages
>> > I. 26.06 20:48:43. Cachegr��e berichtigt auf 669708 KByte
>> > I. 26.06 20:49:43. Cachegr��e berichtigt auf 692864 KByte
>> > I. 26.06 20:50:43. Cachegr��e berichtigt auf 713020 KByte
>> > I. 26.06 20:51:20. The maintenance plan has ended because of the
> following
>> > error:
>> > I. 26.06 20:51:20. Laufzeit-SQL-Fehler - Datenbankvalidierung f�r
>> > Datenbankdatei "D:\DATA\Abgleich\Abgleich.db" fehlgeschlagen
>> > I. 26.06 20:51:20. SQLSTATE: 40000
>> > I. 26.06 20:51:20. SQLCODE:  -300
>> > I. 26.06 20:51:20. Re-enabling new connections started on 2008-06-26 at
>> > 20:51:20.806
>> >

>> > As to a small repro, I don't feel able to check for one in the next
> days.
>> >
>> > So please let me know if it makes sense for your team to look at the

6/27/2008 3:58:05 PM
Should I say "Glad to hear"? :)

So at the moment I will not prepare anything to upload.
Feel free to ask for more if this might help your investigations.

Best regards

> Yes, a server crash is possible after this error has been reported.
>
> SQL Anywhere Developer Community:
> http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
> SQL Anywhere Blog Center: http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs
>
> "Volker Barth" <No_VBarth@Spam_GLOBAL-FINANZ.de> wrote in message
> > Bruce, thanks for the information.
> > Does your repro also lead to server crashes as I mentioned?
> > Or do I have to think that this is due to a different problem?
> >
> > Volker
> >

> > "Bruce Hay" <h_a_y~a_t~i_a_n_y_w_h_e_r_e~d_o_t~c_o_m> wrote in
> >> By coincidence, the same problem was reported separately earlier this
> >> week
> >> (issue 534294). We already have a simple repro for it and are working
on
> >> fix. Until the fix is available, the only known workaround is to drop
the
> >> column update permissions on the dependent view before altering the
> >> underlying table.
> >>
> >> SQL Anywhere Developer Community:
> >> http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
> >> SQL Anywhere Blog Center: http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs
> >>
> >> "Volker Barth" <No_VBarth@Spam_GLOBAL-FINANZ.de> wrote in message
> > DB
> > So

> > that
> > log:

> > following

> > days.

> > wrote

> > :)).

> > not

http://www.sybase.com/products/databasemanagement/sqlanywhere/technicalsupport

0
Volker

Error: Primary key for row in table 'x' is referenced by foreign key 'f' in table 'y'
(ASA 9 newest ebf) I'm getting this error even though mentioned foreign key has cascade updates (and deletes too) enabled. Is this some new behaviour in asa 9, or why can i get such message for cascaded foreign key? Any ideas? Thanks Pete Found a reason for it...but should it really work so? It's this way: - table a has columns a,b,c - table b has columns a,c, and references columns a,c (with a,c) in table a with cascade updates - table a hes before update trigger to change columns a when column b is changed (set new_row.a = ...) and that set new_row.a = ... i...

please help: no primary key for foreign key '?' in table '?'...
when i try to do a DELETE TESTEDOCUMENTI WHERE TIPODOC='FTM'; i get the error no primary key for foreign key '?' in table '?'... what does it mean? (3 weeks ago i did a rebuild of the db because it was corrupted) i work with SA 5.5.05 the db structure i quite complex but if help CREATE TABLE "Admin"."RigheDocumenti" ( "AnnoDoc" smallint NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, "TipoDoc" varchar(3) NOT NULL, "NumeroDoc" integer NOT NULL, "Bis" varcha...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Key 'd' and Key 'Control'
Dear sirs / madams, I want to add a short cut key in my datawindow, the script as shown as below, Script 1 IF KeyFlags = 2 THEN IF KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow") END IF END IF Script 2 IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) then IF KeyDown(Keyd!) then THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow") END IF END IF Script 3 IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) AND KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow") END IF But, all of the above, if I press the Key 'Control' first, and then press Key 'd',...

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.
Hii, When I tried to bind dropdownlist to database by declaring connection string in the code behind file I am getting this error: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.Source Error: An...

'''

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblType'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblType'.
the point here that i have a small table with two fileds, ID (guid) as primerykey RAF(char) and the table is empty when i add a new row i recieve this exception, Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblType'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblType'. i found no way to solve the problem. thanks in advans  Muhanad YOUNISMCSD.NETMy Blog || My Photos || LinkedIn Apparently you are a value that already exists. How are you generating the GUID?***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Yes, i think the problem is...

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'Primary Key for table '%1' is not unique but data synchronizing
Hi All, Would anyone know why this could be happening. The .out file shows no error, data is synchronizing properly but Hotsync reports Primary Key for table %1 not unique this is how I am starting the Mobilink server -> dbmlsrv9 -c "dsn=SK4" -v+ -za -zu+ -o ml.out -fr Even more confusing is that I am not getting an error but my client is getting it?????? We have the same database and sync script Help...... Thank you. Mili What version of ASA and ultralite are you using and more importantly what build ? Also, which UltraLite interface are you using i...

'b'..'a'

Web resources about - No primary key value for foreign key 'ISYSTABCOL' in table 'ISYSCOLPERM' - sybase.sqlanywhere.general