MobiLink Synchronization from an Authenticated Database

When synchronizing (using MobiLink 12) a local SQL Anywhere
authenticated database to a consolidated Microsoft SQL
Server database, where and how do you pass the Set Temporary
Option command with the company name, application name, and
signature?
0
Larry

Hi Larry,

On 12/01/2011 11:17 AM, Larry R. Pettit wrote:
> When synchronizing (using MobiLink 12) a local SQL Anywhere
> authenticated database to a consolidated Microsoft SQL
> Server database, where and how do you pass the Set Temporary
> Option command with the company name, application name, and
> signature?

OEM Authentication is only required between the SQL Anywhere server and
a client connection. Therefore, the MobiLink Server connecting to the
Microsoft SQL Server will not need to use this string, because it only
applies to SQL Anywhere connections.

Furthermore, MobiLink (connecting to a SQL Anywhere consolidated
database) will automatically self-authenticate with our own internal
string. Similarly on the remote side, dbmlsync will automatically
self-authenticate upon connection to the remote SQL Anywhere database.

The only requirement is to ensure that the database option has been set
on the database appropriately.

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
0
Jeff
1/12/2011 4:26:56 PM
You need to authenticate the connection prior to executing any
restricted operation. SQL Anywhere tools (i.e., dbmlsync) are
self-authenticating so there is nothing that you need to specifically do
when using those tools. If you are calling the sync from inside an
application, authentication the connection when it is established.

On 1/12/2011 11:17 AM, Larry R. Pettit wrote:
> When synchronizing (using MobiLink 12) a local SQL Anywhere
> authenticated database to a consolidated Microsoft SQL
> Server database, where and how do you pass the Set Temporary
> Option command with the company name, application name, and
> signature?

0
Chris

Mobilink Custom Authentication ( General question )
Consolidated Database ASA 8.x , 9.x Ultralite palm and pocket pc clients In our Desktop system users are created as Database users ( ASA ) .And the user/password are directly mapped to Mobilink users and password . Now when we do authentication in authenticate_user script I want to check against ASA username and password ( SYSUSERPERM ) . AFAIK there is know way to check the pssword with out making a connection . And looks like CONNECT statement is not supported in functions and procs. If we write .NET code is it advisable to make a DATABASE connection with the username...

Mobilink Synchronization Server and Informix Database
hello, is there an ODBC driver for Informix to synchronize? does infomix works with Mobilink? thanks Jonathan Garc�a wrote: > hello, is there an ODBC driver for Informix to synchronize? > does infomix works with Mobilink? > If you search this newsgroup for posts with the subject "Informix", you will see that others have posted this exact same question. The problem w.r.t. Informix as a consolidated is with the ODBC drivers themselves. We have not found one that supports the functionality on which ML relies. We have had a few people post that they&#...

Synchronization with MobiLink: PDA and server database
In manuals for mobilink there is explanation how to synchronize 2 databases on one PC. How do I synchronize databases between a server database (on PC) and a PDA (UltraLite) via docking station (USB). Thanks Each UltraLite remote database has a builtin MobiLink "client" that can communicate with the MobiLink server running on another computer (the MobiLink server then talks to the consolidated database). The various communication paths between the client and the server depend on the protocol you choose (tcp/ip versus http versus hotsync, etc) and on what protocols are a...

Mobilink synchronization with Informix consolidated database
Reading chapter '2.Sinchronization Basics' of 'Mobilink Synchronization User=b4s Guide' I see that not include bd Informix like consolidated database. My consolidates database is Informix what can i do? Informix is not an officially supported consolidated database for MobiLink synchronization. You may be able to use statement based synchronization scripts (instead of cursor based) to get something to work, or even use ASA with proxy tables to Informix. Keep in mind however, that Informix is not officially supported, so if you run into difficulty, we may not have the ...

Synchronization Problem with an ASA database using Mobilink
hello i developed an application using MobileVB 4.0 but now since Appforge doesn't work anymore with MobileVB 4.0, I'm using now Crossfire 5.1 which comes with MobileVB 5.1, now i'm having a terrible problem when synchronizing the application to an ASA database. I'm using ASA version 9.0.0.1110 and Mobilink Synchronization version 9.0.0.1108 The CREATOR ID form my application is named: TESI I GET NO ERROR E lines in the Mobilink console, just the I. information lines, the last line is: I. 08/30 17:36:20. <thread 1.5>: Ready to handle requests ....bu...

Java support on Mobilink synchronization with ASA Database
Is there any Java API provided to control and monitor the synchronization a ASA database with a consolidated database similar to the UltraLite database? Can I use the UltraLite Java API on a ASA database? Thanks. Gnuek wrote: > Is there any Java API provided to control and monitor the synchronization a > ASA database with a consolidated database similar to the UltraLite database? Are you looking for an API in Java to perform synchronization? If so, the answer is no. But you could execute dbmlsync via java.lang.Runtime.exec() or using JNI to call into the dbtools libr...

using Mobilink to synchronize ASA and non-ASA database
Is this possible ? Is it recommended. Consolidated: non-ASA (IBM DB2, SQL Server, Oracle) Remote(s): ASA-win32 What does one use on the the Remote DB .. dbmlsync, sybase replication agent ? Found this http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1030104 Says all platforms ... so is db2 on iseries officially supported ? On 13 Jan 2006 15:50:45 -0800, "handheldmaster" <abc@456.com> wrote: >Found this http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1030104 > >Says all platforms ... so is db2 on iseries officially supported ? Yes, although it may not be a pleasant ex...

Failed to synchronize through Mobilink (SQLAnywhere 8.0.2 3601)
Hello I have test the application from him. He has problems to synchronize through TCP/IP. Version SQLAnywhere is 8.0.2 3601 I have test the application it is working and sychronizing when I connect a pocketpc though a cradle with activesync to the laptop. In this situation I can synchronize to mobilink. When I used the same procedure and try to synchronize when I connect the pocketpc with a cradle to another laptop in the same LAN I cannot synchronize I see nothing on the mobilink verbosing screen. So obvious nothing is hapening. I can ping the mobilink machine from the co...

SQLAnywhere 12: MobiLink Agent on Windows Mobile device, database not created
I am currently researching the possibility of upgrading an existing MobiLink 11 client application that running on Windows Mobile 5 or 6 to ML12 and enhance its maintainability by deploying the mobilink agent. For this purpose, I would like to do a bootstrapping of the client database through central administration in Sybase Central. I created a task "Remote database" that does the following: 1. Drop the existing database (on failure, continue) 2. Create database "{db_location}\mydatabase.db" 3. Execute SQL, which contains the entire load script for the db sch...

Database Synchronization (Transfer Database, not tables)...
I wonder what objects do we use the .NET Compact Framework with the ulnet10.dll to do those database synchronizations stuffs. Is the MobLink already included in the ulnet10.dll? I don't want the synchronization to be about mirroring the data between teh database on the Mobile/Pda and the PC. I just want it to transfer a fresh/new database from the PC to the PDA via deleting an database on the PDA and put a new one on the PDA. The reason is because the database design will continue to change such as new tables, dropped field name, etc. How can this be done? Thanks......

Is it possible to synchronize & insert,delete, update using the mobilink client's authentication?
asa 9.0 Is it possible to synchronize & insert,delete, update using the mobilink client's authentication? I want to connect to the database from the dbmlsrv9 using the client's authentication. It could be disconnect & connect within a session, however have the dbmlsrv9 running all the time. remote ->dbmlsrv9->connect using the remote userid/pwd ->insert/delete/update to the database. The reason why I am looking for such a solution is that we have our consolidated db built & having hundreds of table with triggers behind all of the tables. Rules in th...

Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database
My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0 I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a SqlAnywhere database. The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere databases. I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the database painter. Any Info Appreciated. Bob Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32 directory. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanc...

Using a MobiLink enabled database for non-MobiLink deployment
MobiLink 10.0.1.3712 Would there be any known issues/consequences using a database that has been setup for MobiLink if the application will not be participating in synchronization? We deploy an empty database as a template with each release of our software that may or may not need the synhronization aspect. I was thinking that it would be easiest to maintain the template with MobiLink installed (all ml_* tables and views), all the sync scripts in place, and just not have any MobiLink users defined or subscriptions. The consolidated database doesn't get the publications, s...

Optimize your work on database synchronization using Database Restyle.
Perpetuum Software LLC announces the official release of Database Restyle 1.0. The product enables the developers to synchronize database structure in a simple, controlled, flexible and frequent manner.Database Restyle offers new approach to database synchronization. It is not an application, but the component which is integrated directly into your program. Thus, the use of the product doesn’t require installation of additional software on the client side and helps you decrease costs and time needed for database release.You can synchronize your database not only with other database, but also...

Web resources about - MobiLink Synchronization from an Authenticated Database - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on ...
Get NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube
Paul Weyrich, father of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his ...

Making Sense of the Intel Haswell Transactional Synchronization eXtensions
Multi-core and Locking Intel has released additional information on their Transactional Synchronization technology (TSX), which is basically ...

‘Twitterrific’ Update Brings Cross-Device Timeline Synchronization
Twitterrific , one of the most popular Twitter clients for the iPhone and iPad developed by The Iconfactory, received a major update this week ...

Hands on with the new tab synchronization feature in Chrome 19
Google has rolled out a new release of Chrome in the stable channel. The update, version 19, uses the Chrome synchronization framework to introduce ...

Dell adds secure application data synchronization to cloud portfolio
... would offer methods to securely sync sensitive data across disparate cloud services. Called Integration Packs, Dell initially is offering synchronization ...

Workshare Drives Innovation by Extending Secure File Sharing and Synchronization Functionality to Developer ...
Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, today announced it has extended its platform’s advanced file shar ...

Synchronization As A Service
When it comes to files we are beginning to take synchronization as a given. You work on a file at work and through the magic of Dropbox or similar ...