Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000

Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to
find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL
Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find
any useful information about this ie known problems,
processes etc.

Chris

Chris wrote:

> Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to
> find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL
> Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find
> any useful information about this ie known problems,
> processes etc.

If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are you trying to
migrate away from the platform?  Upgrading to a newer version of ASA
(9.0.1 is the latest shipping version) is certainly much easier than
changing RDBMS's altogether.

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
Chris wrote:

> Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to
> find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL
> Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find
> any useful information about this ie known problems,
> processes etc.
>
> Thanks

Its so hard to advise when deep down inside I know you are making such a grave
mistake.....

http://www.ispirer.com/products

Do you have specific areas you are having problems with?  I have a basic
datatype/function comparison chart if that would help.

0
Phil

Using SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with DBRemote 5.5.05 on the Same Windows 2000 Server
Is it possible to use SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with DBRemote 5.5.05 on the Same Windows 2000 Server? If so how do you upgrade just the DBRemote portion? Rich Edwards It's possible but I wouldn't suggest it. If you do want to do it, there are two options : 1) Read over the Client Application Deployment whitepaper (http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002363) and find out the minimum files required to run dbremote. Install the full 5505 software (with EBF just for good measure) on another machine and then copy over the required files to the machine running 5504 into a separate di...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with SQL Server 2000
I am having a problem starting a SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 engine on a Windows 2000 server already running Microsoft Server 2000. Does anyone know of any problems associated with running this configuration or why it isn't working. Perhaps you can clarify what specifically is happening? i.e., errors, specific behaviour, how you are starting the database, can it start if MS SQL Server is not running? -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 / Server 2000
Does anyone have SQL Anywhere 5.5 running on MS Server 2000? If so, are there any problems with 5.5 on 2000? You should be running 5.5.05 Build 2787 or later. There were several issues with Win2k including problems with services and connectivity. /ck <RRoss> wrote in message news:1BF54A4EFAE7CE63007AC92F85256AF6.007AC95C85256AF6@webforums... > Does anyone have SQL Anywhere 5.5 running on MS Server 2000? If so, are > there any problems with 5.5 on 2000? ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with MS SQL Server
I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server machine as Microsoft SQL server. Is this possable. What type of issues should I expect. Any information would be helpful. TIA Chris Christopher K. Taylor wrote: > > I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server > machine as Microsoft SQL server. Is this possable. What type of issues > should I expect. Any information would be helpful. TIA Yes, you can run both of these environments on the same machine. The only issues I can think of have to do with...

Changing server
Dear all, I am trying to change the location of our database to another server. I install the Sql Anywhere Server - application on the new server, copied the database and log/mir files to the new server. I looked for a file named dbsvmn50.exe on the new server, to insert and maintain new services. This file couldn't be found on the new server. Then i tried to copy the file manually and tried to start this file (dbsvmn50.exe) but this failed ... Error message was " Cannot open Service Control Manager". What did i do wrong ? Any comments ? Info ? Suggestions ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 to a Windows 2000 server
Is there any known issues or problems with converting a NT server running SQL Anywhere 5.5 to a Windows 2000 server? Upgrade to 5.5.05 Build 2787 or later and you should be fine. /ck "William R. Riley" <wriley@muscanet.com> wrote in message news:sFadbmlYBHA.374@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any known issues or problems with converting a NT server running > SQL Anywhere 5.5 to a Windows 2000 server? > > > Yes, there have been some issues that come up because of Win2K but most of them have workarounds implemented in the latest 5.5.05 e...

PB 8 and SQL Anywhere 5.5, SQL Server 7
Does anyone know if there any known issues for a PB 8.0 Enterprise application connecting to SQL Server 7.0? Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5? Thanks in advance. Michael A. Falcone iCorpsTechnologies, Inc. mfalcone@icorpstech.com ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Help with SQL Server 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.x
Cheers: I'm working on PowerBuilder using a SQL Server 6.5 database, but sometimes I have to change to SQL Anywhere 5.3 because of it's portability, but all of the SQL instructions are created in upper case (in SQL Server), and SQL any... only recognizes this instructions in lower case, so I have to change the instructions everytime, because SQL Server does not recognize lower case either. I am trying to find about it working with DBParm, but I haven't found anything yet in the online help. Is there a way to solve this problem so I can work with both plattforms wit...

PB 11.5 and SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2008
Upgrading from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5 Database is MS SQL Server 2000 compatability level is 80 Has anyone had any issues or know of any issues with PB 11.5 (3050) and MS SQL Server 2000 or MS SQL 2008? We are looking to upgrade from SQL 2000 while upgrading PB 11.5. Originally upgraing SQl Server to SQl Server 2005 but since SQL Server 2008 is out we are exploring to upgrade to the latest SQL Server. Any info will help. Thanks, Tom Rundo ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Build 1867 abends Netware 5 server recently upgraded from 4.11
Hi Guys, We recently upgraded one of our Netware 4.11 servers to Netware 5, and subsequently when trying to run up the SQL Anyhwere 5.5.04 engine the server abends. We have trawled the newsgroups and support messages and have found several hits relating to our problem with all of them suggesting that we upgrade to build 1929 (We currently have build 1867). We downloaded the only 5.5.04 EBF available on the sybase download page (dated September 1998) and installed it only to hit the same problem. I presume that the DBSRV50.NLM has to be replaced? As far as I could tell the...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

need help
Hi there,     I am not sure if this is the right place to seek help for the problem i have but as i don't see any other link to discuss the situation i have i am just posting it here.  To explain a little bit about the project i am on..... Originally the  appication(developed in asp.net and vb) i am assigned to was developed by a different team and most of the databases  were on  SQL server 6.5 servers. So they have used oledb connections where ever they had to connect SQL server 6.5 data sources. Lately the client has moved a...

SQL Anywhere client 5.5.04 accessing QNX server
I have a Windows client application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 to access a QNX server. A (deliberately) failed attempt to open a connection to the DB reports "Unable to connect to database server: unable to start database engine". A second attempt reports the same error and then GPFs the client app (on 98 and NT). When I use the SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Windows client software everything seems to work OK. The reason that I can't just use 5.5.05 is that this version requires a license to install on a client (i.e. per-seat), whereas for 5.5.04 the license is on the se...

Web resources about - Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...