Last updated date

Is there a way to find the date a table was updated.
I can't find anything in the documentation.

Thank you.
0
Jerry

Do you mean when the structure was updated or the data?  There is nothing
to support the former and the latter would require you to include an
audit column of type DATETIME that is updated on each insert or update.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
eganjp
2/19/2000 4:01:26 AM
This is interesting, Jim.  There really isn't any statistic maintained on
when a table was created or structurally changed.  This was on purpose,
right?  I notice that the view "sysobjects" has a "crdate" column but is
null.  Do you (or anyone else) know why ASA doesn't track when tables were
created/modified?  Just curious.  :-)

--

Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com

Jim Egan <eganjp@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> Do you mean when the structure was updated or the data?  There is nothing
> to support the former and the latter would require you to include an
> audit column of type DATETIME that is updated on each insert or update.
> --
> Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
> Houston, TX
>
> Sybase Developers Network
> http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

0
Michael
2/21/2000 4:14:33 PM
I did mean when the data was last updated.  This type of data is very
useful.  It would not be difficult to add a column to the sysobjcts table
to track this information.  I think your development team should consider
this for future version.  Although your solution of adding a DATETIME
column to the table would work, it's not very practical.  This would put
an extra column on every row which would be useless except for the must
recently update or added row.  To find the last modified date this column
would have to be search for the most recent date.  On a small table this
would be insignificant, but with a larger table it could be quite
significant.

A better solution would be to create a small table that holds the last
modified date for each table in the database.  Trigers could then be
defined for each table that update this date.  I think that having this
information tracked at the system level would be much faster

In article <MPG.1317d1952f7c7ac198a630@forums.sybase.com>,
eganjp@compuserve.com says...
> Do you mean when the structure was updated or the data?  There is nothing
> to support the former and the latter would require you to include an
> audit column of type DATETIME that is updated on each insert or update.

0
Jerry
2/21/2000 6:59:08 PM
Jerry Jennings wrote:

> I did mean when the data was last updated.  This type of data is very
> useful.  It would not be difficult to add a column to the sysobjcts table
> to track this information.  I think your development team should consider
> this for future version.

I've invested all of thirty seconds trying to think of why this
information would be useful and cannot come up with anything. What is
your purpose that you think it warrants redesigning the product?

Kathleen
0
Kathleen
2/21/2000 9:27:36 PM
OK, how about this.  Lets not redesign ASA.  You are more than free to add a
table called SYSUPDATED with table_id and date_updated.  Link table_id to
the SYSTABLE table and you're in business.  If you want to track the date
the data in a given table was last updated, add it to this table.  You
create a trigger for each of the tables you want to track and have it update
the date_updated column for that table_id.  Simple enough.  The overhead you
incur is about what EVERYONE of us would incur if you had Sybase modify ASA
to do it automatically.  I, for one, do not want that overhead.

--

Jerry Jennings <jerry@westerngraphics.org> wrote in message
> I did mean when the data was last updated.  This type of data is very
> useful.  It would not be difficult to add a column to the sysobjcts table
> to track this information.  I think your development team should consider
> this for future version.  Although your solution of adding a DATETIME
> column to the table would work, it's not very practical.  This would put
> an extra column on every row which would be useless except for the must
> recently update or added row.  To find the last modified date this column
> would have to be search for the most recent date.  On a small table this
> would be insignificant, but with a larger table it could be quite
> significant.
>
> A better solution would be to create a small table that holds the last
> modified date for each table in the database.  Trigers could then be
> defined for each table that update this date.  I think that having this
> information tracked at the system level would be much faster
>
> In article <MPG.1317d1952f7c7ac198a630@forums.sybase.com>,
> eganjp@compuserve.com says...
> > Do you mean when the structure was updated or the data?  There is
nothing
> > to support the former and the latter would require you to include an
> > audit column of type DATETIME that is updated on each insert or update.

0
Michael
2/21/2000 10:50:27 PM
I couldn't tell you why it's not there.  It is quite useful, I agree.
Your solution for a user table to hold this information for all tables is
probably the best way to go.  Note that it would be most efficient to
code the trigger as FOR EACH STATEMENT, not FOR EACH ROW.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
eganjp

Last Date Updated
I am looking for a module which should show the last date the site was updated. I tried to find old topics related with this issue but the results were unrelated.. I am using DNN212. Can anyone help? I guess this module is in the WANTED list by a lot of ppl... Thank you for your help! [/antonisc] nobody? i thought it was an interesting topic but.. It is an interesting topic, but the challenge lies in figuring out what updated means in the context of any number of modules. It would require a standard way for all modules to notify the core when their content has been modifi...

Last Updated Date
Does anyone know of existing code that can get the last date the page/tab/modules was updated? Daniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston nice addition ... currently the tab table doesn't have any created, ammended dates... anyone done this?Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily yea, Im have to customize dnn more and more. Im getting worried with the new version coming outDaniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston I would be willing to do this, I wonder if someone with more exposure to tab settings could su...

Last Update Date?
Hi, Upon migrating PB 6.5 to PB 8, it seems the Last Update Date is set to today's date for all functions, windows and user objects. Datawindows are OK. Any suggestions? TIA This has been true since of migrations for all versions since Last Update Date was introduced. Not much you can do about it, except maybe document what it was before you migrated. (I know of a tool that will give you an easy printout of your object list, including the Last Update Date <g>. See below.) Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:07:2...

Page last updated date
Can anyone tell me how to dynamically add a page last updated date to my page footer which is in a master page ? Thanks!  This article may provide you with directionhttp://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12301 "If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" Thankyou!The link you provided along with information from http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx provided exactly the solution I needed. Regards,David.  HiThe link provided by others will work only on static page. But for pages were the data is loaded ...

Last Contact Date Not Updating
I have three workstations where their last contact date is a few weeks ago, essentially when they were rolled out to the enduser. However, their last full refresh date is current; their systems were scanned by the inventory module and last uploaded has the correct dates and times. I'm just wondering why their last contact date is so far behind. I know that if I don't reboot my system daily, the contact date falls behind--for example, I haven't rebooted since 6/16, so my last contact date is 6/16. But in this case these machines -are- logged off and shut down every nigh...

Date Site Last Updated
Does anyone have a module that will display the date a DNN site was last updated?JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets Jim, That certainly would be a nice module, but don't see how that would be possible, unless every module included field for 'LastUpdateDateTime'.  Not all modules have anthing like that info. Hey Jim,Take a look hereDave Thanks Dave, that looks like a useful module, but not quite what I had in mind.JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming ...

How to get last password update date
Hi guys, I am facing problem when i want to get last password update date from novell edirectory server. Using iManager2.7, I am getting password expiry date, But i want user last password updated date . How to configure last password update date in iManager 2.7. I am using novell edirectory server 8.0 for windows 2003. -- tusharkf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:26:02 GMT, tusharkf <tusharkf@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: >I am facing problem when i want to get last password update date from &g...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

Get Last Update Date of word document?
Dear all, Can I ask how to get the word document's last update date from powerbuilder coding? I am using PB 6.5 Thank You Very Much!!! Lai >>Can I ask how to get the word document's last update date from powerbuilder coding? I am using PB 6.5 << Take a look at the PFC file service object (pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32). It has a function that will get the latest update date for a file. Basically, it uses the FindFirstFileA SDK call and then parses the FindFile structure for the last access date. HTH, steve [TeamSybase] ...

How to find out the date/time of when a record was last update?
Hi, Is there a way to determine the date or/time of when a record was last update, w/out using audit ? thanks in advance, Karena Add a timestamp or datetime column to you table to track this. steve [TeamSybase] but is there any way to track it down if i didn't have the timestamp column set up? thanks, Karena Not easily, and probably not at all. For instance, if you have a series of database dumps, you could start loading them and checking the contents of the row until you find the db dumps where it has value (a) in the first dump and (b) in the next dump -...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

date of last update stats & sp_recompile
Hi, How would I check to see when update statistics for a table and sp_recompile on a table was last run? Preferably by means of isql. Thanks. select moddate from sysstatistics where id = object_id("<table name>") You know, this doesn't work in 11.5 or lower version, only for 11.9.2 or higher. Larry Simo wrote: > Hi, > How would I check to see when update statistics for a table and sp_recompile > on a table was last run? > Preferably by means of isql. > Thanks. ...

Web resources about - Last updated date - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

File:Updated DYK query.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.If the file has been ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Attention, Facebook Camera Users: Make Sure You Have Updated To Version 1.1.2
Users of Facebook’s Camera iOS application might want to make sure they have updated to version 1.1.2, as Facebook confirmed a bug in older versions ...

→ Apple Bug Reporter updated for the first time since 1875
Now my bugs can get ignored for months and then hastily and unhelpfully closed in a much nicer-looking interface.

Crony Capitalism on Steroids from GE to Solyndra (UPDATED) - Facebook
Sarah Palin hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Crony Capitalism on Steroids from GE to Solyndra (UPDATED) geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

Graph API v2.1 and updated iOS and Android SDKs
**Graph API v2.1 and updated iOS and Android SDKs**

UPDATED: Facebook’s PTAT disappearance was a coding flaw
There were rumors swirling earlier that Facebook would scrap the popular people talking about this (PTAT) metric, and several people noticed ...

New emojis coming to Android next week, Nexus devices to be updated first
Android head Hiroshi Lockheimer has announced on Twitter this evening that Android devices will soon support the latest set of Unicode emojis. ...

Twitch Introduces Updated Direct Messaging on iOS
... the menu button in their current conversation. Twitch has encouraged users to fill out a feedback report once they’ve tested this updated feature. ...

Samsung Announces Updated Versions of the Galaxy A3, A5, and A7
Today Samsung announced that updated versions of their Galaxy A3, A5, and A7 smartphones are about to be released. The original Galaxy A7 launched ...