Is SQL Anywhere 5.0 support transaction SQL ?

When I type "sp_who" in ISQL, it display a message "Transact-SQL feature
not support". But I can see this in the command "select * from
sysobjects" even if I type in server.Is it anything need to setup or
else. I would greatly apprepciate if anyone tell me.

0
Dick

The ASE procedure sp_who is not supported by SQL Anywhere.  A subset of the
ASE procedures are supported for compatibility.  The complete list is
documented in the help file in the section to Transact SQL Compatability

/steve

--
Stephen Rice
Manager Custom Support

Dick Kwok wrote in message <35D13F0F.AB41F668@easypost.com>...
>When I type "sp_who" in ISQL, it display a message "Transact-SQL feature
>not support". But I can see this in the command "select * from
>sysobjects" even if I type in server.Is it anything need to setup or
>else. I would greatly apprepciate if anyone tell me.

0
Stephen

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m wondering if I�m doing something wrong. Thanks in advance. ...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

Windows 2000 Support for Sql Anywhere 5.0 and 5.5?
Hello, I was hoping if anyone could shed some light on whether Sybase supports SQL Anywhere 5.0 and 5.5 on the Windows 2000 Server platform? Our proprietary software only works with 5.0 and 5.5 and we're having trouble. (only one machine can connect to the SQL server at a time) Using SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server. Workstations are Windows NT 4. (Service Pack 1) Thanks in advance..you can reply to zuberal@manulife.com or to the newsgroup. You need the latest 5.5.05ebf from the Sybase website in order to get the engine working on Windows 2000. -- Jason...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 and SQL Server 11.0
Hi, we have the folowing problem in my company. There is a SYBASE version 11.0.3 installation by one of our customers. My company which is a producing financial software would like to install there Sybase SQL Anywhere (version 5.5.00) as database for our programs. Is it possible to have these two databases on one server (Netware or Windows NT) ? It is an important case for us. Jakub Yes you can run those two together. Just to push the limit I ran SQL Anywhere, MS SQL Server and Sybase SQL Server all at the same time on my NT Server at home. No complaints from any of the...

Migrating from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to MS SQL 7.0
I have a large application written in Powerbuilder 6.5.1 using Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. I would like to change the database to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0. The app has the following : 300 datawindows / datastores Embedded SQL in about 100 events / functions. The Database has the following: 50 tables with indexes and foriegn keys NO stored procedures or triggers. I'm pretty sure I want to use ODBC and not native drivers. Question : If there a paper that will help me through this migration process. Hopefully I would not have to change any datawindows! I have already migra...

MS SQL 7.0 & SQL Anywhere 5.5 on same machine
Is this possible?????? We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. Would there be any problem with this configuration???? Thanks, Peter I run SSA5505, ASA8 and SQL Server 2000 all on one machine with no problems whatsoever. Ach Peter Brown wrote: > Is this possible?????? > > We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to > also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. > > Would there be any problem with this configuration???? > > T...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

"Migrating transact-sql code to SQL Anywhere 5.5"
Hi! I told you before, that I was trying to return data from a temporary table in a stored procedure, and it wasn't working. I'd like to keep the same code to both SGBD's. The procedure's sintaxe is below: create proc teste2 as create table #TMP_qtde ( tmp_nu_matricula char(9) not null, tmp_nm_aluno char(41) not null, tmp_cd_sexo char(1) not null ) insert into #TMP_qtde select aln_nu_matricula, aln_nm_aluno, aln_cd_sexo from ALU_aluno select tmp_nu_matricula, tmp_nm_aluno, tmp...

Help! Problems migrating transact-sql code to SQL Anywhere 5.5
Hi everyone, We are migrating an application developed to Sybase SQL Server 11.0 to SQL Anywhere 5.5 and, for now, the following SQL Anywhere limitations are killing us: 1. It does not accept rollback in triggers. 2. Raiseerror interrupts triggers execution. 3. Temporary table created in a stored procedure can not return the result rows to clients Does Anyone know how to bypass this SQL Anywhere Transact-SQL limitations?: Does anyone know if ASA SQL Anwwhere 6.0 resolves this problems? Thanks in advance, Eva Correia, Technology Director. >>3. Temporary ta...

help on updating database sql anywhere 5.0 to sql adaptive server 7.0
If anyone knows how to update db to adaptive server 7.0 You have two choices : 1) Run dbunload against your v5.0 database to generate a reload.sql and a series of .dat files that contain the data in the tables. You can use either the v7 dbunload or the v5 dbunload (unless the database participates in a replication, in which case the v7 dbunload should be used). Now, at v7, initialize a new database, and run dbisqlc to read the reload.sql file. This will re-create all the schema that existed in the old database and re-load all the data. You can discard the reload.sql and .dat file...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Novell 5.0
Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. There is an EBF that allows 5.5.04 to run in a NW 5 environment. Mark Black schrieb: > > Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a > client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. > When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. ...

Web resources about - Is SQL Anywhere 5.0 support transaction SQL ? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Transaction cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bargaining costs are the costs required to come to an acceptable agreement with the other party to the transaction, drawing up an appropriate ...

Sheryl Sandberg, Peter Thiel, Mail.ru Group Involved In Notable Facebook Stock Transactions
Facebook shares were involved in some large transactions in recent days, with moves by Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg , board member ...

Unilever’s charitable app uses Timeline and subscription billing; Facebook agrees to take only 5 percent ...
... this week, including subscription payments and the new Open Graph-enabled Like action . Betapond says Facebook agreed to take a 5 percent transaction ...

Transaction Network Services - LinkedIn
Learn about working at Transaction Network Services. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at Transaction Network Services, leverage ...

DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store on iTunes
Get DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Largest Bitcoin Transaction Ever = $210M at today’s exchange rate
... a photo: I am so glad that my son demanded that his allowance and related monetary exchanges switch to bitcoin last year. The fixed transaction ...

Real estate transactions Oct. 19, 2015
Real estate transactions Oct. 19, 2015 Bradenton Herald $388,000 Jack Jeffrey C, Jack Mary C to Reeves Danny Gerald, Reeves Karen Marlene, ...

FTC Bans Wire Transfers, Reloadable Cash Cards, And Payment Orders In Phone Transactions
We’ve shared warnings about many different types of telemarketing scams, but they all have one thing in common: they extract money from their ...

Digitimes Research: NFC-based transaction solutions become hot in mobile payment market
Mobile payment users in the US accounted for 20% of those worldwide in 2014, and 15.8% of mobile payment transactions were conducted in the country. ...