IP Port #2

Hi,

I'm trying to get Sybase v5.5.04 to work over a WAN, but we need to open a
port on the server so we can gain access from the outside through the
firewall. Does sybase have a specific port it uses, or is it not as simple
as that?

Many thanks in advance,

Tim Gilbert

0
Tim

Yes, 5.5.x uses port 1492  ( I recall, please correct me if I am wrong).
Having said that, this is configurable, so you can choose to use any port
you want.

Look at the documentation for tcpip.
Something like this:
dbsrv5 -x tcpip{port=9999} ...

--
David Fishburn
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate

Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
August 12th - 16th, San Diego

EBFs
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
Whitepapers
http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/
CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Tim Gilbert" <tim.gilbert@bpaworldwide.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Sybase v5.5.04 to work over a WAN, but we need to open a
> port on the server so we can gain access from the outside through the
> firewall. Does sybase have a specific port it uses, or is it not as simple
> as that?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>

> Tim Gilbert

0
David
8/2/2001 12:26:46 PM
It's 1498 for 5.5, not 1492. Also, the command would be dbsrv50, not dbsrv5.

--
Graeme Perrow
iAnywhere Solutions, Inc.

"David Fishburn" <spam_off_fishburn@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> Yes, 5.5.x uses port 1492  ( I recall, please correct me if I am wrong).
> Having said that, this is configurable, so you can choose to use any port
> you want.
>
> Look at the documentation for tcpip.
> Something like this:
> dbsrv5 -x tcpip{port=9999} ...
>
> --
> David Fishburn
> Certified SQL Anywhere Associate
> Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions
> Professional Services
> Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
> August 12th - 16th, San Diego
>
> EBFs
> http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> Whitepapers
> http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/
> CaseXpress - to report bugs
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> "Tim Gilbert" <tim.gilbert@bpaworldwide.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get Sybase v5.5.04 to work over a WAN, but we need to open
> > port on the server so we can gain access from the outside through the
> > firewall. Does sybase have a specific port it uses, or is it not as
simple
> > as that?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >

> > Tim Gilbert

0
Graeme

IP Ports #2
Can anyone tell me the ports that the client uses? Thanks... Todd W Carter todd, > Can anyone tell me the ports that the client uses? > > Thanks... You need TCP 524 (NCP) and UDP/TCP 427 (SLP) http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10013531.htm -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) Much thanks.... > todd, > > > Can anyone tell me the ports that the client uses? > > > > Thanks....

Multiple Local IP Ports #2
Hi, Am looking for the simpliest way to open local ports (10,20,50) using ttcp via an database table, same time. Lieven. ...

Fingerprinting Port 80 Attacks: Part 2 [2/2]
* http://host/lame.asp?asp=%u0061.txt This request does the same thing using "%u" Microsoft encoding. While this may still draw attention when you view the logs manually, an IDS product may miss this request, and allow the attacker to continue his fun unnoticed. This type of encoding can also be used in conjunction with normal ASCII characters, and because of this alone, some IDS products will not detect such a request. Visit the link below for further information on this encoding method. http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AD20010705.html VII. Web...

Netware/IP 2.2
Hi, I want to install Netware/IP 2.2 on my Netware 4.11 server. Can I still find it for download? If yes, from wich URL? I want to do an ip tunnel over ipx for a VPN client accessing Netware via Internet. As I read, Netware/IP 2.2 is the best product for Netware 4.11. Good help would be appreciate! Thank you. Lecamp On 7/14/2006 lecamp2422@yahoo.com wrote: > Can I still > find it for download? No. > > I want to do an ip tunnel over ipx for a VPN client accessing Netware via > Internet. Site-to-Site or Client-to-Site Tunnel ? What product are...

IP & Port redirector in the A4Proxy software #2
Hi All, In `Anonymity 4 Proxy' (A4proxy) (www.inetprivacy.com) software there is a feature (Host-Proxy associations) to redirect to specific proxy:port as per the url (host) request. For example if the host is oe.hotmail.com you can make redirect to 216.25.171.171:80. This mode allows, for example, to use a particular proxy server for a certain host. My question is when the url (host) is www.Roberthalffinance.com should connect direct, without through any proxy. What should I mention the IP:port to make a direct connection? Thanks for any replies and help. Brock ...

Can Adaptive Server listening from 2 IP/Ports at some time?
Does anybody know if 1 Adaptive Server can have 2 or more IP address? I've a RS/6000 with 2 network adapters and I would like to take advantage from both. Tanks, Pedro Albano PedroAlbano@mail.pt Yes, it can. Use the $SYBASE/bin/dsedit utility, double-click on your server name, press "add new network transport" button... Pedro Albano wrote: > Does anybody know if 1 Adaptive Server can have 2 or more IP address? > > I've a RS/6000 with 2 network adapters and I would like to take advantage > from both. > > Tanks, > ...

Imanager 2.5 on OES Linux change IP address or Port number?
--____JEXPQPPCSVXBHMYYIMTJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 9 May 2006 12:32:40 +0100" Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can change the port number or ip address for = imanager 2.5 on OES Linux SP2? I am also running ifolder 3.2 on port 443 (webaccess aswell) and I want = imanager to be on a different port or ip address. I am quite new to linux = apache. thanks in advance. steve. --____JEXPQPPCSVXBHMYYIMTJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundar...

2 IP for postfix with IP alias
Hi, I am working for a company which needs to send mass-mailing to its thousands of customers (newsletter). For now, we send mails from only one IP xx.xx.xx.xx and we wish to separate mails between 2 IP: one IP (xx.xx.xx.xx) reserved for mass-mailing and another IP (yy.yy.yy.yy) for other mails. We have only one mail server running with Postfix. The server have 1 network interface card eth3 with IP 10.0.0.5, so I was thinking about using IP aliasing to add another IP to this interface (IP 10.0.0.7) in order to connect to the server by both IP. The problem is that when we access...

IP and IPX to Just IP #2
Hi, I am new to Netware and have the following question: If this is not the fourm for this please advise. I have a Netware 5.1 sp7 server. I want to only use only IP and not IPX when the client connects. The problem I am having is that the server IP address is 12.x.x.x and the workstation addresses are in the 10.x.x.x range. When I install the client on these machines and choose only IP I cannot seem to connect to the server. Without changing the Server IP to the 10.x.x.x range what needs to be done for this to work. Your help is really appreciated. Thanks, Marty ...

Com Port Problem,Asp.Net 2.0,Real IP Address,Modem
 Hello Fred'sI have Deploy Web Application on a Server.Server has a Static IP Address.This Application Developed in Asp.Net Which use Modem For SMS Sending. modem Install On Com Port5  if i am run application from server then It's okBut as Soon as i run application from other machine Com Port Disable Automatic.In event Viewer Following Warning Message Thrown.When i first time Deploy and Check From other Machine then It's Work FineBut after Sometime Same Machine Has same Problem.Error Says that "Access Denied for Com Port 5" and After That Modem Port Disab...

Source IP: Multiple IPs one Port
Ok. So I'm in the process of upgrading all the Cisco firewalls to IPFire. So far I've been getting compliments on how much faster the internet is. I didn't want to brag to them about how I invented it. It's our little secret. An interesting problem popped up in this: One client is using a spam filter service that forwards their email through 1 of 15 servers on a few different networks. I'm supposed to restrict permission on inbound port 25 to these 15 addresses or to those few networks. I could do it in GWIA but how does one do something like this in ...

IP Number/ IP Address Array #2
Greetings, I need to convert the first column of a list of IP numbers to IP addresses. I created an array of my list but am stumped on how to convert the numbers. File: 180884576 imstrmcs05 180884577 imstrmcs06 180884578 imstrmcs07 180884579 imstrmcs08 180884580 imstrmcs09 180884581 imstrmcs10 Script: # Properly formatting into an array open(IPLIST, "file") || die "couldn't open the file"; while ($x = <IPLIST>) { chop $x; @arr = split /\s+/,$x; print "@arr\n"; } # Converting IP number...

Simple Port Forwarding 2.5.2
Simple Port Forwarding works with WebPages and not directly with your router. Making it a safe program to use. Its no different than using Firefox, IE or any other browser to setup port forwarding yourself. The program works by automating the process for you. So whether you don't understand how to forward ports, or your simply looking for an easier way to forward ports then this program is for you. Its port forwarding made simple. The main interface of the program is small and clean. Giving options of seeing what is going to be forwarded to the router and how many entries and...

IP/UDP ports for pure IP login.
Hi, We have a ISA server between a pure IP Novell network, and we want clients to login into the servers behind the Microsoft ISA server. I have setup SLP on the servers, and one server is the Directory Agent server. I have set this DA into the clients (static). Now i need to open up the right ports to be able to login. What i know is : 524UDP 524TCP 427UDP 427TCP 2302UDP What do i need more, because for now i'm not able to login. Thanks in advance, Bastiaan. Bas, Is NAT running on the ISA server? If so, you cannot make an NCP connection over N...

Web resources about - IP Port #2 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Fire at Port Vincent destroys shed and two historic vehicles inside - AdelaideNow Search Search
SEVEN CFS crews contained a shed fire at Port Vincent on Saturday before it spread to adjacent buildings.

Man kidnaps inflatable Santa from Port Macquarie property
... outside a house on the NSW mid-north coast. CCTV vision of a man stealing a large inflatable Santa from a display on William Street, Port Macquarie. ...

Man kidnaps inflatable Santa from Port Macquarie property
... outside a house on the NSW mid north coast. CCTV vision of a man stealing a large inflatable Santa from a display on William Street, Port Macquarie. ...

Man dies in Port Arthur ATV rollover
A MAN, 75, has died after the ATV he was riding rolled over at Port Arthur.

Storm in a port over the homeless MV Portland
Alcoa's unwanted ship, the MV Portland, remains without course, its crew unwilling to sail it, and its home port making it clear it is not welcome ...

Malcolm Turnbull aghast at Darwin Port sale a week before it was announced
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull was so concerned about the sale of the Port of Darwin to a Chinese company linked to the Communist Party that ...