Installing SQL Anywhere on NT and setting up Service during Installation

I am currently involved in creating an install for the Server Install of
our application.

After user install the SQL Anywhere from the Sybase CD the user will then
trigger our
setup software.

The problem that I currently have resides in the fact we want the service
to be automatically installed through the setup disk instead of having to
rely on the Service Manager from Sybase.

I know I need to use the WIN32 API to setup of the service but it seems to
me that I need a lot more info on how this software work so that I can do
it myself.  I also want the user to be able to late on use the Service
Manager to modify the configuration.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this.

Thanks!
--
Eric Silver
email: eric@thesilvers.com

You can use the SRVANY.EXE utility instead WIN32 API.
 This utility allows running Windows NT  applications as services.
You can find SRVANY.EXE in Windows NT Resourse Kit.

Alex Malyuk
Russia
AMalyuk@polikom.ru
 Eric Silver wrote in article <01bc7b07$b1a688c0$7ac5267b@ESILVER.mi.data.se
rvices.com>...

>I know I need to use the WIN32 API to setup of the service but it seems
>me that I need a lot more info on how this software work so that I can do
>it myself.  I also want the user to be able to late on use the Service
>Manager to modify the configuration.

0
Alex
6/17/1997 5:02:46 PM
See the posting "Setup of ASA or SQLA as NT service" for some help.

0
Richard

Install Sql Anywhere as an NT service?
Is it possible to install SQA as an NT service? How? Thanks, George Yes, via dbsvc.exe or Sybase Central - Add Service. See the Help: ASA User's Guide PART 1. Starting and Connecting to Your Database CHAPTER 1. Running the Database Server Running the server outside the current session Programs that can be run as Windows NT services Breck On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:06:03 -0800, "GMansky" <gmansky@starnetonline.net> wrote: >Is it possible to install SQA as an NT service? How? > >Thanks, >George >...

Installing SQL Anywhere engine as a service on NT server...
--------------3BF1B5A05436B23097D98E0C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, We are using SQL AnyWhere 5.5 and PowerBuilder 5.0 on the current project. We are also using InstallShield 5.0 as the installation and packaging tool. I am trying to install SQL AnyWhere 5.5 database engine as a service on NT server. Is there a method by which I can accomplish this programatically or through scripting. The basic need for this is that we do not wish the user to fill in the service name, parameters to the service and service type (automatic/man...

To install or not to install?

Setting up NT service w/ automatic install
Hi all -- I have a small problem one of you may have faced before. We are planning to install SQLA servers on a large number machines at remote locations via an install CD we are designing (used to install many other things at the same time). We would like to use the installer to set up the NT service which runs the SQLA server on startup, exactly as if we had used the SQLA service manager to do it. Ideally, this would be a command line like "DBSVMN50.EXE /setup /servicename='xxx', ..." The documentation provided for the service manager does not explain a way to...

Installing ardour and installing in general...
I want to try out ardour, as I'm trying to turn my laptop into a fully functional music studio, using opensource software. Ardour wants to downgrade a LOT of things on my computer, most of which I don't know what is.Some of it I do know. Fx it wants to downgrade the Compiz interface or something like that. It also changes other things, fx media libraries. I can make do without Compiz. Thats ok. But I'd be very sad if Songbird stops working or if I can't watch movies anymore. So lets say I install Ardour and the whole computer goes to hell. I can't watch movies...

Need help with installing SQL Anywhere version 11....Unable to remove and re-install
We started with v11.00, succesfully tested High Availability. Later on Installed v11.01 up to EBF 2250 with FIPS. We understand that both features need separate keys. For documentation purposes need to redo the installation, but for some reason it won't allow to fix/remove. As a last resource went over the registry and cleared all SQL Anywhere 11 entries, also removed the folder where SQL Anywhere 11 was, but not luck... From Add/Remove Programs - REMOVE, we get: Error 2752 Error Opening XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config ...

sql anywhere 10.0.1 direct install & maintenance patch install different version no of .net adapter
sql anywhere 10.0.1 direct install & maintenance patch install different version no of .net adapter Is this an expected behavior? thanks vsv are we talking about ebf 3515? the dll version appearing in .net reference is 10.0.1.35152 and .net does not complain the Sybase central reports sqlanywhere as 10.0.1.3515 is that what you got too? Oh btw, I have not rebooted the PC post ebf 3515 patch. However it reported an earlier version prior to the ebf I will reboot tonight and see what happens "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:46e...

Problem installing Sql Service Reporting Services
Hey folks, I got a problem in installing the  Sql Server Express Edition with Advance Services.. In the installation process at  Feature Selection step.. I am able to see only  Database Services and  Client Components but not the "Reporting Services" where we select the Report Manager.. Any help would be much beneficial.. Dear friend , SQL Server Express have not Reporting Services . if you want to use reporting service you have to install the full ( enterprise or ... ) Sql Server Edition  Nasser HajlooTehran , Iran , Middle east Hi, As far as...

getting following error while installing sql server 2000 reporting services set up.
Dear All,  I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2000 as a back End upgraded with service pack 3 and analysis service. Now I am trying to install sql server 2000 report services. But I run SQL2KRSSP1-ENG.EXE setup Then following error occurs The upgrade patch can not be installed by window installer because the program to be upgraded may be missing , or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch. I redownload the...

Installing Novell services after SLES install
I am having a hell of a time installing Novell services on SLES. I installed SLES on an HP server and everything is up and running just fine. I now want to add the Novell services. I go through Yast and select all of the Novell services that are currently unchecked. Everyhting appears to install but I am not prompted for any configuration nformation (servername, tree etc.) Do I need to launch some other script or program to configure all of these services or am I missing something else. Thanks Do you have new Icons in various places in YaST that refer to the new Netw...

How does the installer install DB in SQL Server.
Hi All, I wonder how the installer do the DB installation when user choose to use SQL Server, I mean how does it detect what dbs are already in SQL Server, etc, etc. (is there a common dialog box for installing db in sql??) I would like to learn how the whole installer is created, where can I download the Installer project. If no, where can I found related tutorial on web? Thanks. I found this http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2002_11/online/ferracchiati/default.aspx online but the articles didn't say much about installing database in SQL Server. Thanks in advance! Edwin Edwin, ...

How To Install FTP Services After Initial Install
I have a test box that I installed a very stripped down version of NetWare 6. I basically unchecked about everything that was extra during the installation. The problem I have now is, I would like to install the FTP services and the Web Manager software. Can anyone explain how to do this without having to rebuild the box? There has to be a way but I have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks! Ryan Sinnwell The Weitz Company Regional IT Engineer Ryan Sinnwell wrote: > I have a test box that I installed a very stripped down version of NetWare 6. I basically unchecked about everyt...

How to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere CD
Does anyone know how to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD? Below is the document from sybase, You can also install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio install CD. Since the version of the Adaptive Server Anywhere databases that will be your remote databases is decided by the version of the SQL Anywhere Studio CD you have, we recommend that you install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD. By doing this, you guarantee that the version of SQL Remote for ASE is the same as the version of the remote databases being used in your re...

Installation SQL Anywhere
Hi, I wrote a setup program for my PB 5.0.04 32bit application which includes= the setup for SQL Anywhere 5.5 and ODBC 3.0 because I don't want the users to= perform two setups of which one is in English and one in German. Unfortunately the connect fails after the installation and I don't know w= hy. The Sybase engine starts but the connect fails with SQLCode -1, SQLErrorCode = -82, SQL Error SQLState 08001: Unable to connect to database server... With IS= QL the connect succeeds. Is this an ODBC, a SQL Anywhere, or a Deployment Kit problem? Are there any files which ...

Web resources about - Installing SQL Anywhere on NT and setting up Service during Installation - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?