INPUT and OUTPUT vs. Tmestamp vs. Powerbuilder

As I sit here throwing ASA8 databases across a network so I can use
Powerbuilder8's 'pipeline' object at my desk to transfer data among
these several dbs, I'm taking time for a question...

 >>>How come INPUT doesn't work?<<<

The table in question is 4 columns, integer, char(6), char(8) and
timestamp. And it's that pesky timestamp that seems to stump Interactive
SQL, but is easy for the PB pipeline.
I create the rows with either PB's 'SaveRowsAs..' or with ISQL's OUTPUT.
And the data exports correctly.

But when I go to import it, with INPUT (I'd like the log to see the
trxns)...

Excel, TXT, ASCII all fail silently.
DBASEIII gives the date, but sets the time to 00:00:00
and SQL gives an error message (at last!), that it's unable to convert
to a timestamp...

0
Kelley

The following statement using ASA 8.0.2.4372 works in my tests:

     INPUT INTO dba. testts_copy
         FROM 'c:\cases\export.txt'
         FORMAT ASCII

It may be a problem that has already been fixed or  you may want to verify
that the database options related to TIMESTAMP values match between the
source and the destination databases. PB may abstract differences which
would allow it to work.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

*
Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

*

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

*

"Kelley Willis" <spam_spam_spam_willismgm@spam_earthlink.net> wrote in
message news:4044053B.5080208@spam_earthlink.net...
> As I sit here throwing ASA8 databases across a network so I can use
> Powerbuilder8's 'pipeline' object at my desk to transfer data among
> these several dbs, I'm taking time for a question...
>
>  >>>How come INPUT doesn't work?<<<
>
> The table in question is 4 columns, integer, char(6), char(8) and
> timestamp. And it's that pesky timestamp that seems to stump Interactive
> SQL, but is easy for the PB pipeline.
> I create the rows with either PB's 'SaveRowsAs..' or with ISQL's OUTPUT.
> And the data exports correctly.
>
> But when I go to import it, with INPUT (I'd like the log to see the
> trxns)...
>
> Excel, TXT, ASCII all fail silently.
> DBASEIII gives the date, but sets the time to 00:00:00
> and SQL gives an error message (at last!), that it's unable to convert
> to a timestamp...

0
Chris
3/2/2004 4:14:26 AM
Show us the exact contents of the file that INPUT is reading, and the
exact INPUT statement.

The following code works OK, even with the DATE_ORDER setting messed
up:

CREATE TABLE t1 (
   k1 INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
   c1 TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT TIMESTAMP );
INSERT t1 ( k1 ) VALUES ( 1 );
COMMIT;
SELECT * FROM t1;
OUTPUT TO 't1.txt' FORMAT ASCII;
DELETE t1;
COMMIT;
SET TEMPORARY OPTION DATE_ORDER = 'MDY';
INPUT INTO t1 FROM 't1.txt';
SELECT * FROM t1;

Breck

On 1 Mar 2004 19:52:31 -0800, Kelley Willis

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20

\ vs / vs %

VS 2005 vs VS 2008
Hi all ,                  Iam using VS2005 till now and i want to grade up my self with the VS2008 then what are the Added Advantage for me as a DEVELOPER and as a Teamlead as a Project ManagerNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net   check this URL, http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-...

Powerbuilder vs Java vs C#
Just a bit of a rant really, not trying to start any wars or anything (just my personal opinions) I use powerbuilder for work, have been since version 5 we develop a suite of about 5 applications client/sever apps i have used java in my spare time for a similar sized application (just 1 app, not a suite of them) i have started using Visual C# 2005 because according to all the stuff i have read pb is going to dotnet and it would be a good idea to get the hang of things in dotnet before pb11 comes around the corner other langauges i have used alot are perl and php my com...

Panel vs PlaceHolder vs UpdatePanel vs ???
I have a need to add controls to a form dynamically.The control type, number, order, properties, etc. will not be known until run time so no controls can be predefined. In general, a source defines which controls must be added to a form, a user will make some entries/selections and submit.On postback, the user's submission will be processed and some controls' property values, perhaps even the controls themselves, will change with the updated results displayed to the user. There are numerous ways to handle dynamic controls.I've considered Panels, Pl...

VS 2005 Vs VS 2008 #2
Hi, Can anyone let me know the updates in VS 2008 over VS 2005.    Hi, for example: http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-2008-what-s-more-risk.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Confused between XMLDocument vs XPathDocument vs XMLTextReader vs SAX vs DOM
Hello, I am confused between XMLDocument vs XPathDocument vs XMLTextReader vs SAX vs DOM when to use which? I have to parse an xml document in VS 2005 using C#. Can someone answer this...just want to know the if I can use SAX in .NET or use the regular lib's...

GridView vs DataList vs Repeater vs Formview vs DetailsView
In development there is always a question which control to choose. I think many developers including myself are not clear on which control should be should for which purposes. Can you pls explain what are the pros and cons of these controls and also why some say that Gridview is a heavy control and repeater is a light control what does that mean. what makes a control heavy and what makes a control light......does it really matter in professional applications  which control you use? kindly throw some light. thanks. Still kind of new myself, but this is what my book says:Control - Cap...

//p vs ($??{ }) vs ...
Let me see if I can translate for you. I hate impasses, especially on stuff I'm using :-) I believe Ilya wants to make a //p option that will postpone regexp interpolation on all variables used in the regexp until match time: $foo = "then"; $re = qr/$foo/p; $foo = "now"; "how now" =~ /$re/ && print "This should match"; With RC1 (which doesn't have //p), you have to write that as: $re = /(??{ $foo})/; Sarathy seems to be a little confused about the interaction between //p and (?{ ... }) blocks. My und...

SQOD: masterpages and VS 2003 vs VS 2005
Hi All, Apologies, I'd delve into this further myself but I'm pressed for time and I know I can find a quick answer via the forums. I have a few basic questions: I'm just starting to look at masterpages as a possible means to apply a common look-n-feel for my (growing) web app. I currently have VS 2003. - is the masterpage functionality available in VS 2003? - do master pages allow css-type positioning? are they the best way to enforce positioning? And, regarding VS 2005 - what are the major differences (iow, is it worth it upgrade now to VS 2005) - what does ...

the Bat! vs. Pegasus vs. Eudora vs. others
Hello, all... the time has finally come for me to roll out a new email client on my company's network. yes, happy days are here... and i've finally convinced the powers that be to allow me to prohibit the use of Outlook and Outlook Express for POP and SMTP at the company where i work. So... i will be in the market for a new email client and i wanted to just toss a few points that i'm thinking about into the newsgroups (follow-ups set to grc.security only) since i know that many of you have already taken these steps in the right direction. The following are condition...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

VS 6.0 VS 2003 and VS 2008
I have 3 visual studios running. and I have 3 .Net runtimes on my computer. After installing 2008 express with 2.0 and 3.5. I have lost ability to run my debugger using visual studio 2003 pro.  I am using IIS 5.1 and window xp pro. Visual studio 2003 is working fine but when I want to run it in debug mode the debuger doesn't stop at break points. I am also unable to attach the aspnet_wp.exe process manually. It shows up and but it is grayed out.  See the screen below. I have tried reregistering aspnet_iisreg.exe for each run time. I have also repaired the vs 2003 using...

array vs arraylist vs dropdownlist vs ListBox
I am still learning a lot about asp.net. I have code where I am loading an sqlObjectReader with multiple field records and i am looking at different ways to parse and store the records I get. So, I am thinking that I would like to use the sqlObjectReader.read method, to run through all of the records it has, and to store those records in a different object type. It looks like the dropdownlist, listbox, and arraylist only allow for me to have one item per row, which doesn' t meet what I want. Can I do this with an array ? Or, is there no easy way to add these items dynamically ...

New features in VS 2008 vs VS 2005
Hello friends !! I'm completly new in Visual Studio 2008, Let me know  what are the advantages to use VS 2008 compare with VS 2005. Plz provides some practical apprachs. Thanks @@ Happy Coding..HI@@ That's always a difficult question, as it's mixed between what Visual Studio offers and what .NET 3.x frameworks offer. You don't HAVE to have VS2008 to use the new framework, but it has been designed to make it all easier. Are you interested in the actual Visual Studio differences or the framework differences?     http://blogs.msdn.com/...

Web resources about - INPUT and OUTPUT vs. Tmestamp vs. Powerbuilder - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles