If you use Delphi...

If you use Delphi for .NET with ASA, please vote for this:
http://qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=31677

0
Zote

To use or not to use Delphi
Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race between the two threads, for and against using Delphi in new projects, with more or less the same users posting in both threads. Arguments are fiercely debated in both camps. Borland had their own vision. As a community, now that Delphi has changed ownership I believe we should try to be more consistent, more clear, and more articulate in what we expect from Embercadero in terms of Delphi. We can contribute to keeping Delphi alive and moving in the right direction. "Laurent Cocea" schrieb: > Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race ... <snip> Some people go fishing, some go to the movies, some like to take long walks on the beach, and then some like to type their fingers bloody discussing totally irrelevant issues on public Newsgroups. And my wife likes to watch soap operas and follow posts from a forum where new-baked parents are discussing their kids-issues. Everyone needs a hobby :-) Regards, Danijel Laurent Cocea wrote: > Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race between the two > threads They're essentially the same thread with a little more trolling in one than the other. Lots of free time over the holidays and all. I think the discussion in general is a good thing, though. Help remind people why a tool like Delphi is worth while, and maybe even shed some light on some of the things that still need attention. I still learn about ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

How design a COM using Delphi and Using in PB7?
I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or Activex. What type of knowege or Skill I must know it. Can anyone tell us? from DRAOGN Can you explain what type of component you want to create? You may not need to a) build your own, or b) use Delphi. If the component should be used from within a PB application, you ought to use PB to develop it unless it is something that PB does not let you do. regards, Bill DRAGON wrote: > I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or > Activex. > What type of knowege or Skill I ...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general
Hello! is the embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general forum working? Suddenly I can't post anything to it with Thunderbird Thanks! Sergio sergio wrote: > Hello! is the embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general forum > working? Suddenly I can't post anything to it with Thunderbird Works fine for me. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 27/02/2014 05:48 p.m., Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote: > sergio wrote: > >> Hello! is the embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general forum >> working? Suddenly I can't post anything to it wit...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

How to use a .dmp file for a system which crashes using a delphi app
Hi, I put this post here because I am not sure of the best location. I have been given a memory dump (.dmp) file by a client who thinks that a Delphi 7 application is causing their system to blue screen from time to time. Does anyone know how I can use this .dmp file to locate the problem in the delphi app? The build the client is using has debug symbols turned on. I have downloaded Microsoft Debugging Tools for windows and have dupmchk.exe (and kd.exe) but I would really appreciate some help with how these or any other useful tools should be used? Many thanks Ben > I have downloaded Microsoft Debugging Tools for windows and have dupmchk.exe (and kd.exe) You'd have to learn how to use WinDbg, which is a little too complex to explain here. Anyway you can start by opening the .dmp file and follow what WinDbg tell you, it will point you to the executable and stack trace that led to the error. At least you'll understand what is exactly causing the BSOD. Delphi debug symbols are not useful because they are in a differend format than those used by MS tools. You'd have convert them to a suitable format. It's a pity Delphi can't output debug informations in those formats. Anyway I believe it is a little strange a "normal" Delphi app can lead to a BSOD, because it usually require some kernel-side error. But without knowing what error and where it happens is hard to tell. Am 14.11.2011 11:20, schrieb Ben Russell: > Hi, I put t...

the general use
Name: Pilko Nera Product: Shiretoko Summary: the general use Comments: I thinks IE8 is much better than Firefox 3.1 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to use AppModeler to generate Delphi forms using Cached Updates
<HTML> <TT>A beginner's question regarding AppModeler 6.1, Delphi 3, and Interbase 5.x...</TT> <P><TT>While I am impressed with the amount of thought and work that has gone into AppModeler, I have nonetheless been surprised to discover that the Delphi application generated by AppModeler is not suitable for real-world situations because of the "fly-away" problem afflicting newly-entered records.</TT> <P><TT>When I enter a record on an AppModeler-generated Delphi form, the record disappears ("flies away") immedia...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

Use in general
Name: Roques Julien Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Use in general Comments: Sometime, the mozilla bugs and stops or is frozen. This problem appears more frequently when I try to read some PDFs. Another problem is that some videos do not work properly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

delphi.general
Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can't read the group *embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general* Does anybody know if there's something wrong with it? Or maybe is my reader? (Thunderbird) I get this messagge when I try to read the latest messages: Error! newsgroup server responded:no such article found Perhaps the article has expired <692702@forums.embarcadero.com> (33145) Click here to remove all expired articles sergio wrote: > Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can'...

general use
Name: Taber Email: kwtaberathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: general use Comments: too click happy. too many button operations to use easily. Now I have to ask how to delete it from my machine as there is no uninstall button on the bar Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

the general use
Name: Pilko Nera Product: Firefox Summary: the general use Comments: I thinks IE8 is much better than Firefox 3.1 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Delphi and SQLanywhere

What generals generally do

Use of Categories | General "Real" World Uses
I've been using the Firebird extension of the Mozilla Calendar and I like it better than my use of Outlook 2000 in terms of layout and open standard file format. Much thanks to the people who keep this project moving forward. I read somewhere in bugzilla (on the topic of Categories) that the first priority was to get Category functionality working, and then MAYBE think about implementing the ability to assign multiple categories to a single task/appointment/et cetera (whatever the proper nomenclature is for dated items input by the user and acted upon as an "object&qu...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

What pattern use? How to use these patterns in Delphi XE 3? Developing new
My firwst post here, and i REALLY need yours help... My main objective is to create a _*standard system to register products, clients, sell items, control stock*_, and so on. I want to use *Multi Tier, using Datasnap*, I dont want the classic client-server systems. There are several considerations I would like to discuss: 1 - I really want to do a *GOOD system, using patters* to make easier maintenance. I have read about MVC, saw some examples, but I read examples using Interfaces, and other posts in internet say Interfaces are bad. *MVC is good for this kind of system*? 2 - I wan...

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Web resources about - If you use Delphi... - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Domestic firms eye Delphi
BizChina offers latest business and market information of China, online updates of 17 industries, investment guides, business events and industry ...

Official: Verizon's Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi now on sale for $250
Filed under: Technology Partnering with Verizon Wireless, Delphi Automotive has released its Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi product that allows ...