Identity columns with ASA 6 and PowerBuilder datawindows

It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does not
work properly in the PB datawindow any more.

As in version 5 it would automatically retrieve the newly created ID, you
have to
do it manually in ASA 6. The ASA 6 documentation explicitly mentions this.

Has this been fixed in a later build of ASA 6? Why did it stop working?

Thanks,
Jacek

0
Jacek

Did you update your PBODB60.INI to accomodate ASA6?

See the ASA help section "Upgrade notes for Powerbuilder and Infomaker users"

>It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does not
>work properly in the PB datawindow any more.

>As in version 5 it would automatically retrieve the newly created ID, you
>have to
>do it manually in ASA 6. The ASA 6 documentation explicitly mentions this.

>Has this been fixed in a later build of ASA 6? Why did it stop working?
Leo Tohill - Team Sybase
>> Please post in newsgroup, not via email <<
0
leotohill

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

java Columns in DataWindows (ASA 6.0.3 and PB7)
how, use java columns in datawindows?? i desingned one database asa 6.0.3 with java columns for address, moneys, and names, this java columnes have differents properties. by examples. address(avenue string, number numeric(5)) ex: Bulgaria 146 address(street numeric(5), carrera numeric(5), number numeric(5) ex: cll 69 # 13-40 how manage diferents inherit java columns in datawindow?? thanks for any help good luck ...

Identity column with PB 6.5 and ASA 8.0.1
Hi group, I use PB 6.5 Build 444 with ASA 8.0.1 I've a big problem with datawindow identity column value. It seems that after insert statement, the identity column value doesn't appear in datawindow column automatically. To display the identity column value I must retrieve data. The same datawindow works perfectly with SQL Anywhere 5.05 . Can anyone explain to me what is this problem, and how can I solve it? Thanks in advance. Ingrassia Michelangelo. Please refrain from crossposting. Check your update properties. The identity column setting must be disabled...

ASA 6.0 / Java / Powerbuilder 6
Now that ASA 6.0 has the ability to store Java classes within a table, when will Powerbuilder be able to use that table? According to Powersoft's developers at the LA conference, it is not planned for PB 7. Once you put the class in the table, Powerbuilder has problems: 1. Try opening the table in the database painter, and try altering the default value of the column. The alter table statement fails. 2. Try building a datawindow graphically using that that class. Why is this feature not supported by Powerbuilder? Was the inclusion of Java classes within the database ...

powerbuilder 6.0 and asa 6.0
I upgraded our database to asa 6.0. I created an odbc connection on a client using tcpip, click on the test connection and it works. I open powerbuilder 6.0 and get a communication error when trying to connect to the db profile. Is anyone else having this problem?? Did I forget something when installing this new asa package? There both running on windows 95 machines(I even tried the sample server database and it doen't seem to work for me either) Thanks, Amy Brand ABrand@swank.com My PB 6.5 to ASA 6 connections work OK. Have you duplicated the Sybase SQL Anywhere sec...

Problems With datawindow scrolling in PowerBuilder 6.5 (and 6.0)
The datawindow scrolling functionality has been altered so that when scrolling through a datawindow using the thumb, it is possible to view the bottom of one page and the top of the next. This looks OK until a group is created in the datawindow that has its own heading. When scrolling as before, the heading remains in between the bottom of one page and the top of the next which doesn't look particularly attractive, especially if there are several items in the group heading. In 65Maint.txt document it says the following: "DataWindow Scrollbar Operation ------------------...

ASA and PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0
I am currently running PB 5.0 with an Oracle 7.3 database. However, there is a great demand for our remote users to gain access to the app. Therefore, I was looking into using ASA to deploy to our remote users. The problem is that stored procedures are not supported with the run-time version of the database engine that gets deployed with the deployment kit. My question is: Does PB 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 and/or deployment kit allow the run-time engine to support stored procedures. If not, what are some alternatives? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. >My ...

ASA 6 ODBC & PowerBuilder Pro 6.0
Hi, I am trying to connect to my database created in Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.03. I enter Installed Powersoft Interfaces and select configure ODBC, but the Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0 Driver does not appear as an option. The driver is installed and can be seen when you go through the control panel ODBC. I am using PowerBuilder Professional 6.0. How do I install this driver to appear as an option? Thanks, Rod Rod Neill wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to connect to my database created in Adaptive Server Anywhere > 6.03. I enter Installed Powersoft Interfac...

PowerBuilder 6.5 Vs ASA 6.0.2
I�m traying to develop one aplication using ASA 6.0.2 with Open Client 11.1.1 but When my aplicattion is connectting to ASA 6.0.2 sends me the followin error: ASA Error 611 Transact SQL feature not supported Does anybody can help me? Thanks for any help Ernesto Ernesto Sandoval wrote: > I�m traying to develop one aplication using ASA 6.0.2 with Open Client > 11.1.1 but When my aplicattion is connectting to ASA 6.0.2 sends me the > followin error: > > ASA Error 611 Transact SQL feature not supported > > Does anybody can help me? > >...

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

ASA 6.02 vs PowerBuilder 6.5 444
I have a problem with PowerBuilder 6.5 444 and ASA 602 2188 When I connect to the database I have a problem with system catlouge tables. This is only an error. I have connect to the database because I can see the tables in the database painter, but when I click on a table I get this message.: "table myTable has no columns, possible invalid table format" Roger Nyg�rd (roger@jobak.no) I don't have that problem. Check your PBODB60.INI file for the following section: [Adaptive Server Anywhere] PBSyntax='WATCOM50_SYNTAX' PBDateTime='STANDARD_DATETIME...

ASA 6 to ASA 8 Unload / Reload Column Order Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1E6D3.8C362090 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have seen a few messages related to this problem in the past. = Unfortunately, I have not seen a recommended solution. I have a database that is 600M. This database was running on ASA = 6.0.03.3008. I am upgrading to ASA 8.0.0.2285. I unload all of my tables from ASA8 SQL Central. I create a new database (manually) from ASA8 SQL Central since I wish to = change some of the parameters...

PowerBuilder 6.5 444 vs ASA 6.02 2188
I have a problem with PowerBuilder 6.5 444 and ASA 602 2188 When I connect to the database I have a problem with system catlouge tables. This is only an error. I have connect to the database because I can see the tables in the database painter, but when I click on a table I get this message.: "table myTable has no columns, possible invalid table format" Roger Nyg�rd (roger@jobak.no) ...

Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns)
I need to locate the identity column for a DW. Only method i see is use of the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes. Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary Key. thanks, Dave As one can see in he syntax, sorry no. I played around with it this week also as I am using DW.Net2.0 with DataSets and a DataSet can not create update commands from a SQL statements where one has 2 tables. But, now, with the help of DW.Net it can do it ...

Web resources about - Identity columns with ASA 6 and PowerBuilder datawindows - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles