How to Script a SQLAnyWhere DB

Hello:

I have created a database using sqlanywhere 5.5 pro and I would now like to
generate a script of the database so that I can run this script on any new
client's computer that purchases my program.  I know that I can just create
a backup copy of the blank DB, but having the script would be nice as well.

This same apps works with SQL Server too and I can use the Enterprise
Manager in SQL Server to script the entire database.

How can I do this in SQLA?

0
KPK

See the documentaion under 'dbunload'

0
Rick

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

Change of a SQLAnywhere DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
Hello, I want to change the old structure of a SQLAnywhere-DB to a new structure; I know, that i can do this in PB-Script with Embedded-SQL "Alter-Table-Statements"; but .... I don't know them I'm looking for a Tool/ PC-Code generates me these "Alter-Table-Statements" out of the difference of the two Databases (old -> new). No columns or Tabels will be deleted in the new Database; only columns and Tables will be added. Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 ...

Change of a SQLAnywhere-DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
I have an application which runs at a customer with a SQLAnywhere-Database. Now my development went on; I have added new Tabels, added new Columns to old tables but I never delete any cloumns or tables. I am look for a tool or a peace of PB-Code which upgrades the structure of the old database to the new structure. Something which generates the "Alter Table/Add Table Upgarde-Script " out of the difference DB(new) - DB(old). Who can help me ? Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 The...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9
i'm using sybase sql server any where 7 and by using dbsrv7.exe i'm able to create db. it's working fine. no issues. now i'm upgrading to sybase sql server any where 9 and by using dbsrv9.exe i created db. this time when i'm using sysindexes table of sybase i'm getting error as Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous exception com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException because ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous at com.sybase.jdbc2...

Update Fails to SQLAnywhere, but PB/ODBC/SQLAnywhere returns Success...
I recently dropped a reply in the SQLAnywhere Newsgroup regarding the question of "Death by Curly Brackets" and am not even sure the problem we're experiencing is related, BUT basically, if we have a variable in an SQLA table of type "char" and then declare an internal host variable in Powerbuilder 6.0, and execute an Insert or an Update against the table, PB and/or SQLA both return success, but the table DOES NOT get updated... here's futher details... Check out the ODBC dump below, is this a bug in PB, ODBC, SQLAnywhere or ALL of the above ANY HELP IS ...

SQLAnywhere corrupt db after Installshield?
I have found that if SQLAnywhere is running when my application is updated with InstallShield 5.1 that the DB it is accessing becomes corrupt? Is there a way of detecting SQLAnywhere is loaded and running from within Windows95? I would like to implement it in my InstallShield app. InstallShield newsgroup was no help either. I am starting SQL as the following: dbeng50.exe -Q so the user does not even see the dbeng50 in the taskbar. In a dll: use GetClassName(.. and walk the Handle = GetNextWindow(.. GetClassName(Handle,className.. if( strncmp(className,"__shutd...

Connecting To SQLAnywhere 5 DB
Hi all. I have a little budget keeping application that I developed in PB6.5 and SQLAnywhere 5. I developed and deployed it to my personal computer but now I want to spruce it up a little bit so I have taken the pbl and db file to another computer to work on it. I set up the ODBC entry for the db but when I try to connect to the database the SQLAnywhere login window appears eventhough I entered the username and password at the ODBC setup window. Even if I enter the proper username and password I still get the following error: SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Unable to c...

SQLAnywhere DB gen Error
Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I have an empty SQLAnywhere database setup on a remote server. From DataArchitect 6.1, I connect successfully to the database. I begin a database create. After all checks are passed successfully, the generator tries to execute a create and I get the following: Executing command #1 (lines 1-12)... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------ create table inventory ( key_inventory numeric(11) not null, text_serial_number varchar...

How to reduce the size of SqlAnywhere DB?
Hi all, I saw that after 2 months of use of my DB, the size was quite 200 Mb (Mybase.db was quite 80Mb and Mybase.log was about 110Mb). Even when i delete all my informations enclosed. And I'm affraid it will keep on growing like this. For the moment I only found to backup and delete the Log file. So I'd like to know if someone knows a way to decrease the size of the files (without compressing them). Thanks in advance, S=e9bastien The only way to reduce the file size is to unload, re-create a new ..DB, and reload. After deleting rows, the free space will be u...

Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0
Hello, We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. Many thanks, Gerhard You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation discusses this. BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9 so it would be wise to consider going to a later version. <Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 > to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. > > Many th...

Web resources about - How to Script a SQLAnyWhere DB - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere