How to run sqlanywhere as server?

Can sqlanywhere (5.5.04) run as a server? how to?

0
wxs

You must purchase the server version.  It is licensed separately from the
standalone product.  On NT it will run as a Service.  There are SQL Anywhere
server versions available for OS/2, NT, Win95, Win 3.11, DOS, Netware and
QNX.

--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions http://www.dyn-data.com

wxs wrote in message ...
>Can sqlanywhere (5.5.04) run as a server? how to?

0
Jim

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

can sqlanywhere 7.0 server run on windows 2003 server ?
Dear sir, I am using sqlanywhere 7.0 server running on a Window NT server. I will upgrade the server to windows 2003 server in a few weeks. Are there any problem for the sqlanywhere 7.0 server running on that platform? Please advise. Thankyou Kelvin. See http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms.html 7.04 is supported. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition and ...

Sqlanywhere server running on webserver or not, which is better?
I have a web server running that is accessing a sqlanywhere server on the same machine using ado through asp. (using odbc) I am thinking about moving the server to another machine, and running the client on the server machine instead. They will be connected on a standard 100 base t network. Any thoughts as to performance issues? I can imagine it would help to get the database engine off the web server as usage grows, but will access time suffer for IIS to access the data through the client engine instead of directly to the server? Any help on this issue is a...

Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0
Hello, We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. Many thanks, Gerhard You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation discusses this. BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9 so it would be wise to consider going to a later version. <Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 > to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. > > Many th...

Backup SQLAnywhere 5.5 on running NT-Server
Hallo together, we have a database running as service on NT 4.0 Service pack 4. all works=20 fine, but we are not able to backup the running database from the machine=20 where the server-service is running. We tried all -c parameters in any combination, the best result we get is=20 "specified database not found", specified with 'dbn'. Trying to connect via isql results in the same errors. Anyone with an idea? thanks in advance=20 J=FCrgen Kliegl What is the start line for the database server? -- -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified ...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

How to make application log into the SQLAnywhere server on the server
Hello, SQL Anywhere server runs on the server machine along with the application. The ODBC handle is configured such that it calls dbeng50.exe. Most of the time, my application connects to the server. But, sometimes, for unknown reason, it runs a standalone SQLAnywhere and connects to it. (Both the server and applications are usually started together.) When that happens, dbserver does not seem to accept connections from other clients running on other PCs either. Please advise what I can do to insure that the application connects to the server, not to the standalone engine. ...

How to start SQLAnywhere server w/o logging into server
SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 Windows 2000 Server I thought that maybe I could get Service Manager to do that, but it doesn't seem to work. The DB comes up fine if I'm in it. I also noticed that after it makes the service, the parameters get wiped out. The service will start up with switches that I didn't enter, and leaves out the switches that I did enter. Anybody gotten this to work? Thanks, Jack T. See the Help dbeng50w.hlp... ===== SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 3. Using SQL Anywhere CHAPTER 29. Running Programs as Services Adding and removing SQL...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

Novell sqlanywhere server
We have a 16 bit Win 3.1 Powersoft application using Sqlanywhere Novell Since we upgraded to Novell 4.1 we get "cannot find language dll" when we go to execute program. Everthing worked find under Novell 3.11 Suggestions? Reinstall SQL Anywhere or copy all the files from the old server to the new server. There is a bug in 5.5.04 that can cause a problem with DirectFS. There is an EBF available but you must contact Tech Support to get it. 1-800-8-Sybase. For further support please post SQL Anywhere questions in the Sybase.Public.SQLAnywhere.General news...

SQLAnyWhere Database Server
How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server without it running as yet? I have answered in the PB newsgroup... "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message news:##ZoM$AQDHA.81@forums-2-dub... > How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server > without it running as yet? > > I think further explanation would greatly help clarify my dilema: - comp1 - App is running - comp2 - the database is running - comp1 does not have the ODBC connection in the control panel and also it does not hav...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

running sqlanywhere in batch
This should be simple but I can't find anything in the manuals about running SQL Anywhere with SQL scripts. I want to string together some SQL and run it from a batch process. I also need to be able to interrogate the database and select some information out of the catalogue. Any tips? -- --------------------------------------------------------------- Alan Mechler Great-West Life Assurance Co. 60 Osborne St. North, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3A5 Email: arme@gwl.ca Phone: (204) 946-4525 Fax: (204) 946-4567 --------------------------------------------------------------- This is a m...

SQLAnyWhere Database Server
Actually I sent this inquiry to the sqlanywhere.general newsgroup but I think that this is also related to this newsgroup. So, I am sending this also. Please excuse me just this once. Here is my question: How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server without it running as yet? Use the sample database configuration as an example. Basically, check the "Automatically start the database if it isn't running". However, this only will only start an engine on the same machine. "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in messa...

Web resources about - How to run sqlanywhere as server? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere