How to realize the replication from ASE to ASA using Mobilink?

Hi,I have installed Mobilink into one database of ASE12. What should I do
next to make it a concentrated database and then replicate it to ASA?

Thanks a lot.

0
Shu

As a starting point, I would recommend walking through the tutorials in the
documentation. That is a good way to gain an understanding of the basic
steps involved in setting up MobiLink. If you encounter specific problems
with the tutorial then the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink newsgroup is a
better forum to ask MobiLink questions in.

Robert Waywell
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate
Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm

"Shu Chen" <shu@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Hi,I have installed Mobilink into one database of ASE12. What should I do
> next to make it a concentrated database and then replicate it to ASA?
>
> Thanks a lot.

0
Robert

How to realize the replication from ASE to ASA using Mobilink?
Hi,I have installed Mobilink into one database of ASE12. What should I do next to make it a concentrated database and then replicate it to ASA? Thanks a lot. You should be using at least 7.0.2 to begin with. Then follow these sections in the Online Help file: Replication and Synchronization Guide PART 2. MobiLink Synchronization CHAPTER 3. Synchronization Basics Creating a consolidated database Replication and Synchronization Guide PART 2. MobiLink Synchronization CHAPTER 6. Adaptive Server Anywhere Synchronization using MobiLink - A Tutorial -- David Fishb...

Where to find Suport for ASA with ASE using MobiLink
Hi, I am an intern for a company and doing a project of installing 10 remote ASA's with a consolidated ASE. I created the ASA databases by migrating from MS Access, and they appear to have converted just fine. I have the ASA's running and synching with a consolidated ASA database just fine (both the consolidated and remote databases are on my 1 pc), but now I need to implement the real world solution. For this I need to migrate the consolidated ASA over to ASE (on Unix), and then synch the ASE with the 10 remote ASA's. I dont need a step-by-step walkthrough of how...

Using Replication Server for ASA 9.0.1 to ASA 9.0.1 replication
We are an ASA 9.0.1 shop running on Windows XP. We host several of our clients and want to implement a warm standby server for recovery. We've looked into Mobilink and Remote server within ASA and don't like them. I read that Replication Server will support ASA, is what I've described doable? If so, is there a cook book? Thanks Eric ...

ERROR replicating from ASE -> ASA using repsever
Hi, out there I suddenly get the following error in the log file of the rep server: E. 2001/04/11 13:32:13. ERROR #28049 DSI(113 PC10003.PC10003) - sub_rsts.c(445) Cannot find subscription <0x01000065800000e6> in system tables can someone HELP me, regards, Wim All the subscription information is stored in Rep Server system tables in the RSSD, so this problem is likely not related to anything on the ASA side of things. Hopefully somebody on the rep-server newsgroup can help, I only know enough about Rep Server to be really dangerous. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase i...

ODBC Error while synchronizing ASE to ASA using mobilink
Hi, i am facing this error when i try to synchronize CDB( SYBASE ASE 12.0) to Remote ASA 7.0.2.1402 using mobilink server. the odbc driver is SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver ver 3.50.00.10. i am attaching the log file of mobilink server. any help is appr. thnx -nirav ************************************************************* I. 02/27 14:24:42. Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Version 7.0.2.1402 I. 02/27 14:24:42. I. 02/27 14:24:42. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 02/27 14:24:42. Sybase, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of t...

ase-asa replication using rs 11.5
we have setup replication between sql anywhere 5.5.04 to ase 11.9.2 using rs 11.5 the setup is working fine and now we have some backup issues in sqlanywhere 5.5.04. we require thet the transaction log must be deleted at the of the day after the database is backed up. we would like to have a complete backup strategy which would help us take a complete backup and then truncate the log. We have added the SQL_log_files option into our LTM config file and also set the delete_old_logs to on. Regards, Vidya Subramanian Decision Technologies Hello Vidya, Since you ...

ASA 9 remote sync to ASE (which mobilink must be use)?
Hi, Is it possible to synchronize an ASA 9 database running on Windows Mobile with an ASA 11 or ASE 15 db server running? Should I use dbmlclient 9 or 11? Sybase Turkey On 11/4/2010 9:20 AM, Sybase T�rkiye wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to synchronize an ASA 9 database running on Windows > Mobile with an ASA 11 or ASE 15 db server running? > Should I use dbmlclient 9 or 11? > Sybase Turkey If the remote database engine if v9, you should use v9 dbmlsync. If you are using SA11 or ASE15 as the consolidated database, then I'd suggest using a v11 ML Ser...

Replication from ASE -> ASA, using cert. report 123 as guideline
Hi out there, I set-up a replication from ASE to ASA (only 1 way), I used cert. report 123 as a guideline. the replication works fine data is geting into the ASA, that's all fine because the replication is only in 1 way ASE -> ASA i do not need an Repagent (LTM). But when I do an admin who_is_down i get all the repagents for my asa servers. How can I get rid of those "down repagents" in that list Please all adive is welcome, Wim What does your create connection command look like for the ASA database? Does it include "WITH LOG TRANSFER" or n...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

Replication ASA-ASE stops because ASE is full
I have a replication between a consolidated DB on ASE and 4 remote DB on ASA. During a replication, ssremote was unable to apply messages from the remotes because the segments of the consolidated DB where full. The message of ssremote was : E. 03/31 06:00:06. bourget: Error 1105: Can't allocate space for object 'depot' in database 'stp_qual' because 'default' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase size of the segment. I have increas...

using Mobilink to synchronize ASA and non-ASA database
Is this possible ? Is it recommended. Consolidated: non-ASA (IBM DB2, SQL Server, Oracle) Remote(s): ASA-win32 What does one use on the the Remote DB .. dbmlsync, sybase replication agent ? Found this http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1030104 Says all platforms ... so is db2 on iseries officially supported ? On 13 Jan 2006 15:50:45 -0800, "handheldmaster" <abc@456.com> wrote: >Found this http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1030104 > >Says all platforms ... so is db2 on iseries officially supported ? Yes, although it may not be a pleasant ex...

dbmaint user error in ASA replication using LTM and replication server
Hi all, I have problem on using the ASA Replication Agent. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. I have installed SQL Anywhere 10.0.1 build 3559, and the Replication Agent Version 10.0.0.2465 I have tried the Tutorial of Replicate data using Replication Server of page 937 to page 945 of the System Admin Guide of ASA 10 (dbdaen10.pdf). When I try to start the LTM with the following command dbltm -S PRIMELTM -C primeltm.cfg The following error with Invalid user ID or password of dbmaint occurs (in DBLTM.log). Based on the tutorial we kept dbmaint ID and password the s...

Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server
Hi everyone, Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive Server Enterprise? TIA Virginia yes. Replication of BLOBs works fine /steve -- Stephen Rice Manager Custom Support Sybase Canada Inc. email: srice@sybase.com virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>... >Hi everyone, > >Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using >Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive >Server ...

Web resources about - How to realize the replication from ASE to ASA using Mobilink? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...

Art & Craft: The Story of an Art Forger Whose Artwork Replication Isn't Actually Illegal
Let me just start off by saying that I don't condone illegal forgery or theft—but I do think that someone who can put the art world in a tizzy ...