how to connect a database server with two databases

Hi,
     I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B),
but I found that I only connect and query
of database A, not B by JDBC .
     Can ASA support that ????

Penny

Yes, you can connect to any one of the database loaded on a server.

Example, if I start the server using
	dbsrv6 -n myServer A.db B.db C.db
Then I can specify which database I want to connect to by using the DBN
(databasename) connection parameter, as in
	dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;eng=myServer;dbn=A"
will connect to the A.db database, where as
	dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;eng=myServer;dbn=B"
will connect to the B.db

More information on connection parameters can be found in the docs at:
 ASA User's Guide
   PART 1. Working with Databases
     CHAPTER 2. Connecting to a Database
	Connection parameters

- Mark

Penny wrote:

> Hi,
>      I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B),
> but I found that I only connect and query
> of database A, not B by JDBC .
>      Can ASA support that ????
> Thanks
0
Mark
10/30/2001 6:00:28 PM
Try this url:

Breck

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:47:15 +0800, "Penny"
<penny167169la@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>     I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B),
>but I found that I only connect and query
>of database A, not B by JDBC .
>     Can ASA support that ????
>Thanks

bcarter@risingroad.com
Palm UltraLite Enterprise Applications
-----
Visit http://www.risingroad.com for Tips and Techniques
[TeamSybase]
0
Breck
10/30/2001 6:47:36 PM
"Breck Carter" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> ���g��l��
> Try this url:

Thanks Breck, I also use this statement for JDBC connection but also
cannot get connection to the database B ,
ASA cannot support two database for one database server for JDBC connection
????

> Breck
>
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:47:15 +0800, "Penny"
> <penny167169la@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >     I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B),
> >but I found that I only connect and query
> >of database A, not B by JDBC .
> >     Can ASA support that ????
> >Thanks
> >

> bcarter@risingroad.com
> Palm UltraLite Enterprise Applications
> -----
> Visit http://www.risingroad.com for Tips and Techniques
> [TeamSybase]

0
Penny
10/31/2001 9:26:33 AM
With jConnect 5, I use the following syntax:

	jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:2638/mydb?SERVICENAME=ccdemo

The "mydb" is a bogus value, just a placeholder, really.

The "servicename=" I found in the jConnect documentation (obscure, I
know!)

"ccdemo" is the *real* database name as published by the ASA server.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:47:15 +0800, "Penny"
<penny167169la@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>     I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B),
>but I found that I only connect and query
>of database A, not B by JDBC .
>     Can ASA support that ????
>Thanks

0
NOSPAM_matthew_chest

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

dynamically connect multiple databases to a database server
Our application uses embedded SQL to access databases. For v5.x, we dynamically connect multiple databases to a database server via dbclient.exe. We call ?db_string_connect (&sqlca,connect_str) ? for each database we want to connect to. We tried to do the same thing for v8.x, but failed to get a connection (SQLCODE -75) unless we start the server with all the databases we want to connect to and omit the DBF parameter from the connect_str. The connect_str we use is ?UID=dba;PWDsql;ENG=MyServer;Start=-x TCPIP; CON=sample;DBN=sample;DBF=c:\sample.db" As part of monthly up...

Guided Tour - Creating A Database
Hi, I followed the Guided Tour at the section "Creating A Database," but I cannot do this. The problem is when I clicked on the Data tab in the Workspace window, the window displayed an empty data workspace as seen at the tour. However, I did not see the "New Connection" button at the top bar as directed. How can I add this button in for using? Thanks! Vy I had some trouble here too. Try this version of the tour: http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/guidedtour/section2/newconn.aspx the iconography is different -- maybe what you are looking for if you just dow...

Connect to two databases on seperate servers
I have two products on one client machine. They both use SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 databases. One is on a Novell Server; the other on an NT Server. Each product uses an ODBC entry to connect to it's server database. They work fine independently. I need this client machine to be able to run both products at one time (i.e. two instances of dbclient.exe - one using one ODBC entry, the other using another ODBC entry). Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Donna Altman In article <khs5UX#Q#GA.209@forums.powersoft.com>, daltman@fisnet.com says... > I have two...

Cannot Connect to Two Database Servers Simultanuosely
Hi, I have the following problem: I have an PB application that has to connect to two SQL Anywhere databases simultanuosely. These databases run on different servers. Communication protocol is TCP/IP, and connection is via ODBC. From client machines that are in the same network segment as both database servers, this is no problem. But from client machines that run in a different network segment, you have to specify the HOSTID of the database servers for dbclient to find the server. As soon as the application now tries to connect to the second database, the -Z switch shows that dbcl...

Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. However, here goes. I am using PB 7.0 I set up my database using the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere (System DSN). Then I created my profile. I tested the connection and it worked fine. Then I went to Jaguar Manager, created the Connection Cache using the database I just setup. I setup everything currectly including using the odbc32.dll (Driver Tab) I got this error when I pinged it: (error is taken from my aguar's srv.log file) May 24 10:06:32 2001: cm__odbc_error: ...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. On 7/17/07, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com <zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in > the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone > give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. Have you seen what's on CPAN? http://search.cpan.org/search?query=ssh&mode=all Good luck w...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

Connecting to two different databases running on the same NT server
Hello, I have configured to different SQLA 5.504 databases to run on Windows NT via Service Manager. Both start fine and I can connect to either via ISQL from the server itself. However, I can only connect to the first one I load from a client machine. The network protocol in use is TCPIP and I've confirmed that the databases have different names and the dbclient command line is configured to use the correct names (this is definitely the case because if I close the first database, I can connect to the second with the dbclient command line that doesn't work when the first data...

two informix server connect to powerbuilder database profile
Please give me some feedback as it is real urgent. Can I connect to 2 informix database but from the different INFORMIXSERVER ? I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and Informix SetNet32. I got an error when doing so as the INFORMIXSERVER don't allow me connecting to another database from other INFORMIXSERVER. The error message that I got is "cannot connect to database server(server name)..." informix error code -930 --setnet32 enviroment setting(informix server) make default server = domeic_oltcp0 <-- powerbuillder database profile connect O.K another infor...

Web resources about - how to connect a database server with two databases - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

Animal Venom Database Could Be Boon To Drug Development
A new public database that catalogs animal toxins could spur the development of new drugs made with compounds found in animal venom.