How can i get the default-value of a column?

I' m using this statement with VB 6.0:

select column_name, table_name, "default" from syscolumn, systable join
syscolumn on systable.table_id = syscolumn.table_id where
table_name='TRegieBuchungen'

=> it works fine with ISQL.
But when i refer to the result-set of VB, i always get an Error "No update
tables are specified".

Any ideas?

thanks!

0
Pauzenberger

>select column_name, table_name, "default" from syscolumn, systable join
>syscolumn on systable.table_id = syscolumn.table_id where
>table_name='TRegieBuchungen'

>=> it works fine with ISQL.
>But when i refer to the result-set of VB, i always get an Error "No update
>tables are specified".

It appears that VB wants this to be an updateable cursor, but it is not, because system tables are
used.  The solution would be a VB thing - and I don't know much about VB.

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill

How can i get the default-value of a column
I' m using this statement with VB 6.0: select column_name, table_name, "default" from syscolumn, systable join syscolumn on systable.table_id = syscolumn.table_id where table_name='TRegieBuchungen' => it works fine with ISQL. But when i refer to the result-set of VB, i always get an Error "No update tables are specified". Any ideas? thanks! Christian c.pauzenberger@telecom.at ...

I can't get current default value from DataTableReader, How can I do ?
I would like to check current structure especially "default value"However after I use DataTableReader to get structural value from any table , there was only null value   How can I get structural value from real table in database with others method ????  Please help me ?  Hi, I'm not clear what you want. But if you want to navigate the contents of a DataTableReader ,try the following articles. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z071789y(VS.80).aspx Thanks.Michael Jin.Microsoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the...

how can get the group column value?
My dw have group and group total columns, I can use getitem to obtain the first group's group total value, but how can I get the other group's group total value? I use dw_report.getitemnumber(?, "group_total) no matter what value of ?, all return the first group total value!! pls help!!! ...

How can I get the value of a column in a datagrid?
Hello. I have a datagird with textboxes on a column item template, I also have 2 other columns that are hidden and I want to retrieve his value. But I havent found how to do it. Thanks very much in advance This is the code that loops through all rows. find the textboxes controls Private Sub btnguardarplandesarrollo_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnguardarplandesarrollo.Click Page.Validate() If Page.IsValid Then Dim cont As Int32 = 0 Dim di As DataGridItem For Each di In dgplandesarrollo.Items Dim responsabili...

How can I get values from a CrossTab Column ??
Tnx If your crosstab in static mode, just refer directly by the names of columns (you'll see it on DW painter). If your crosstab in dynamic mode (that is your columns build dynamicly in run time) you have to write some code. The main thing here is that PB assigns itself names to generated columns. Just find out what is "base" name for your column in DW painter (in my case it's 'summa') By this name you can refer to the column, but to the first column only. To refere to the second, third ... and so on columns just add '_1' for second, '_2...

How to get the default column values in xml schema?
Is there a way guys?...

Get column default value via VBA
Hi, how I get column default value via VBA code? Thanks. I think it is: table.column.DefaultValueDisplayed Or if you are looking for a default code> table.column.default.code > Hi, > > how I get column default value via VBA code? > > Thanks. ...

How can I get the original value of a column in dw expression?
Hi, all. How can I get the original value of a certain column in dw expression? We can use GetItemString(1, "col", Primary!, True) to do this in powerscript, but how in dw expressions? Feng Hi, You can refer to the original value of a column by: colname.original. If you have my_col in your datawindow you can make an expression: if (my_col <> my_col.original, something1, something2) HTH Joanna Feng Zhu napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: ... >Hi, all. > >How can I get the original value of a certain column in dw expression? > >We can use...

Can't get a hidden column value
When I hide a column and try to retrieve a value from that column for a specific row I get nothing. Here is my code: <-----VB -----> Dim sdgUserID As String = CType(e.Item.FindControl("lblUserIDHold"), Label).Text <----- HTML -----> <asp:TemplateColumn Visible="False" HeaderText="Hold"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label Visible="False" Runat="server" ID="lblUserIDHold"> <%# sUserID %> </asp:Label> </ItemTem...

can i use a store procedure as default value for a column?
Is it possible to use a stored procedure to fill the default value of a column when i'm building the db? i mean if i can use a stored procedure for the "colum property": "default value or bnding" if yes how can i do it?  No, you won't be able to specify a stored procedure in your table definition as a default value for a column.  Your best bet for this is to set up a trigger (either AFTER or INSTEAD OF) to enforce the default value.~ Timwww.bucketofbits.comwww.tyleris.com You can, however, use a scalar user-defined function as the default v...

How can I get the column value in listview when deleting occurs?
Hello,  How can I retrieve a column value of a specific row (deleted row)  in Listview?. My aim is to delete a row in the listview but when deleting occurs I have to get the value of HeadingIndex column in the deleted row.   Thanks. HI Juneyt , Try something like this :   protected void ListView1_ItemDeleting(object sender, ListViewDeleteEventArgs e) { ListViewDataItem item = ListView1.Items[e.ItemIndex]; Label lbl = item.FindControl("CustomerIDLabel") as Label; }  <asp:ListView ID="Li...

GridView, How can i get de value from a chekbox column
Hi, how you doing?  I try ti get it using code like Cbool(.SelectedRow.Cells(x).Text) but it doesn't work. How can i get the checkbox column value?. I mean i want to know if its checked or not. Thks Use the control's ID in a FindControl  bool checkIt = ((CheckBox)gridView.SelectedRow.FindControl("checkBoxID")).Checked DonFalcon Web Technologies, LLC.Net Hosting | email & survey marketing ok, thks, but the "checkBoxID", from where can i know it? How can i know the id of the chkbox? Hi:   You can try TemplateField instead of B...

how can I get the property value on any column of DW in JS
Hi I have one column (Text field) and a button in my datawindow. On Button click I want to write a javascript that tells me the value of color property of that field. How can I get that value of DW filed in JavaScript. I wrote the following method. function demo(){ var f = document.obj_dataForm; var dw_prop; dw_prop = obj.getProperty("beg_dt.Color"); //obj is the refernce to datawindow and column name is beg_dt alert ("property on : "+dw_prop); } Thanks ...

How can I get other column value of DataSource in ItemDataBound event?
Hi all In ItemDataBound event, How can I get other column value of DataSource? for example ,I have 3 column,customer_id,customer_name,customer_tel customer_id,customer_name has display on DataGrid. Now I want to get customer_tel in ItemDatabound event. How do I? Thanks a lot. Clare There is a DataItem property of the e.Item that ruturns items datasource. All you need to do is to cast it to an appropriate type. If you binding your grid to DataTable or DataView, it is DataRowView Dim dtr as DataRowView = ctype(e.Item.DataItem,DataRowView) Bug [MCSD]...

Web resources about - How can i get the default-value of a column? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Why do registry keys have a default value?
In addition to all the named values you can create underneatha registry key with the RegSetValueEx function,there is also the so-called default ...