Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO

Hello,

I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO,
using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I
post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR
in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR),
it raises a "Count field incorrect".

I did't see this behaviour in other servers.

Regards,

Frank

0
Frank

What are the version and build number of your server? Are you using the
sample database or a database you created? If you created it, did you use
the BLANK PADDING clause in SQL, or the "Ignore trailing blanks in
comparisons" option in Sybase Central's the Create Database wizard?

  Richard

"Frank C." <frankc@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO,
> using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I
> post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField
(VARCHAR
> in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR),
> it raises a "Count field incorrect".

0
Richard
6/27/2003 12:39:15 AM
The dbsrv8.exe's version is 8.0.2.4122. I created my own database with
Sybase Central's Create Database wizard. I tested both options for the
"Ignore trailing blanks in comparisons", same problem.

Thanks,
Frank

"Richard Biffl" <sybaseforums a t n-oo=s-p-aa-m=blacklettersoftwaredotcom>
wrote in message news:uI6XrWEPDHA.186@forums-2-dub...
> What are the version and build number of your server? Are you using the
> sample database or a database you created? If you created it, did you use
> the BLANK PADDING clause in SQL, or the "Ignore trailing blanks in
> comparisons" option in Sybase Central's the Create Database wizard?
>
>   Richard
>
> "Frank C." <frankc@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and
ADO,
> > using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when
> > post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField
> (VARCHAR
> > in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG
VARCHAR),
> > it raises a "Count field incorrect".

0
Frank
6/27/2003 11:11:52 AM
There have been several patches to the OLEDB client library since your build
was released, including several related to strings and one that is
Delphi-specific. I'm not sure whether you can apply Express Bug Fixes to an
evaluation version, but I would certainly try. The current build for Windows
is 8.0.2.4272. Patches are available at
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sdsummary.stm?baseprod=144&client=swx.

  Richard

"Frank C." <frankc@intermail.com> wrote in message
> The dbsrv8.exe's version is 8.0.2.4122.

0
Richard
6/27/2003 4:06:15 PM
I upgraded to build 8.0.2.4272 (SQL Anywhere Studio - Express Bug Fix,
Update of 8.0.2 to build 4272) but the problem remains...

wrote in message news:uK5aciMPDHA.186@forums-2-dub...
> There have been several patches to the OLEDB client library since your
build
> was released, including several related to strings and one that is
> Delphi-specific. I'm not sure whether you can apply Express Bug Fixes to
an
> evaluation version, but I would certainly try. The current build for
Windows
> is 8.0.2.4272. Patches are available at
> http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sdsummary.stm?baseprod=144&client=swx.
>
>   Richard
>
> "Frank C." <frankc@intermail.com> wrote in message
> > The dbsrv8.exe's version is 8.0.2.4122.

0
Frank
6/27/2003 8:23:36 PM
I have this same problem with D7 and SQL Anywhere build .4299.  Is there a
fix for this yet?

> I upgraded to build 8.0.2.4272 (SQL Anywhere Studio - Express Bug Fix,
> Update of 8.0.2 to build 4272) but the problem remains...
>
> "Richard Biffl" <sybaseforums a t n-oo=s-p-aa-m=blacklettersoftwaredotcom>
> wrote in message news:uK5aciMPDHA.186@forums-2-dub...
> > There have been several patches to the OLEDB client library since your
> build
> > was released, including several related to strings and one that is
> > Delphi-specific. I'm not sure whether you can apply Express Bug Fixes to
> an
> > evaluation version, but I would certainly try. The current build for
> Windows
> > is 8.0.2.4272. Patches are available at

http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sdsummary.stm?baseprod=144&client=swx.

> >   Richard
> >
> > "Frank C." <frankc@intermail.com> wrote in message
> > > The dbsrv8.exe's version is 8.0.2.4122.

0
Teresa

Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO #2
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises a "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank ...

Problem on ASA with Delphi via ADO
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises an "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank Hi, mybe it's help: //Procedure tForm1.SaveBtnClick(Sender:TObject); // //var // fs : TFileStream; // bs : TBlobStream; // //Begin //with Table1...

Help with retrieving ASA 6.0 user privileges using VB6 and ADO
We are developing a front end using VB6 and ADO which feeds into ASA6.0. Can anyone tell us how we can retrieve the user privileges (select, update, insert etc) on the tables and columns. Thanks John Aney >We are developing a front end using VB6 and ADO which feeds into ASA6.0. >Can anyone tell us how we can retrieve the user privileges (select, update, >insert etc) on the tables and columns. THis is available in the system tables, described in chapter 15 of the online reference manual. The table "systableperm" is a good place to start. Leo Tohil...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

To use or not to use Delphi

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Updating via ADO to ASA 7
How do I 1) update a database from an ADO recordset 2) whose source was a view 3) where all the fields were aliased 4) and not get the error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Column not found: Column 'Permission' not found I'm retrieving data from a view that looks like this: alter view // ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ...

help- general use of web application
hi, i complete my first web application. after,setup,deployment and installing web application on server. how to know whether it is successfully run or not? how to make it for general use? plz give solution. thanks in advance. ...

Web resources about - Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO - sybase.sqlanywhere.general